The study of literature and research progress in the development of Beaver resources do not allow to doubt the necessity and the possibility of organizing a beaver management.
As for the reintroduction of beavers and further use of resources, there is an extremely wide variety of opinions, covering both fundamental approaches — to be or not to be beavers and Bobrova economy — and details, such as the issue of the number of licenses issued by the same hunter. There are different opinions about whether the required intensive form of such an economy, or rather regulate beaver population by catch "harming" the settlements, that is, equating these animals to other facilities hunted. You should be aware that this form of regulation of the number of animals is not perfect (Buss, 1986) and, in our opinion, can not provide the specific interests of harmonizing complex beaver management with other sectors of the economy and the current conservation.
Repeatedly had to answer the questions: 1) whether the type of re-acclimatization Castor fiber hard recoverable error? 2) Do not enter the activity of beavers in conflict with other sectors of the economy of the republic? (Ezerinyp, 1969), 3) does not enhance a digging holes coastal erosion and so on? Comparison of evolution and biological characters of the families and the Hominidae Castoridae proves:
1) that the beaver older apes several million years, and modern Homo sapiens beavers over dozens of times;
2) a significant impact Beavers on the environment extends tens of millions of years, and the man — only a few thousand years;
3) impact Beavers certainly positive, and its intensity is relatively constant, the impact of a person progresses exponentially and generally has a negative impact.
This suggests that if a beaver, on the one hand, and the forest and the river, with other, were antagonists, and to this day have not been preserved or beavers or valley landscapes and abundant streams. Significant negative impact on the hydrological regime has provided and continues to provide man, now has a powerful earth-moving equipment, but. . . insufficient information about the potential implications of events.
The need to organize Bobrova economy basis due to the intense awareness that:
1) the status of the almost complete erasure kind Castor from the Earth is one of the saddest chapters in the history of man's relations with the surrounding wildlife;
2) restoration of beaver resources, although not with the same abundance, is a page, offer grounds for the belief that "man reasonable "is still capable of something in the nature of the lost-restore, but, unfortunately, very rarely can rectify fatal errors;
3) does not require proof of a great contribution to the formation of a beaver fertile valley landscapes;
4) from ancient times up to the destruction of the view was of great economic importance in the life of the local population.
These historical conditions are fully applicable to the current Latvian SSR and its neighboring areas.