First started talking about the snow man in the early 1950s. Then in many American magazines contained articles about meetings climbers with a mysterious creature Bigfoot in the remote Himalayan mountains. Then it began to meet in the mountains of the former Soviet Union. In 1954, British newspaper The Daily Mail has organized the first expedition to search for "yeti". The search was carried out in the Himalayas. Despite the persistent search, the expedition did not achieve his goal – the participants could not see the mysterious creature. But as a result of the collected materials for the solution of the question of its existence. In particular, in the monasteries of Pangboche and Khimdzhung were found scalped and mummified hands creatures resembling humans. Then the great scientists who examined photographs of the remains, the consensus was – they belong to the merits, most resemble Neanderthal, one of the ancestors of modern man.
Among those who believe in the existence of Bigfoot, the most popular version, on which he is a descendant of some hominids, has great growth or stocky build. Among the candidates: Gigantopithecus (likely a relative of orangutans), megantrop (large anthropoid ape Pleistocene) and Neanderthal (view Homo, who had a stocky physique and longest delayed in the mountainous regions of Europe). Ufologist Boris Shurinov suggested that Bigfoot is a creature of alien origin, but the Russian biologist Vladimir Lagowski in 2004 speculated that the snowman are wild people.
In modern Russia, reports of "Bigfoot" appear quite often. He was often seen in different parts of the country, from St. Petersburg to the Kuzbass. By the way, there have organized a festival dedicated to Bigfoot. It is celebrated on November 17. The local governor has even promised a reward for the capture of Bigfoot.
This summer, the Nizhny Novgorod branch "Kosmopoisk" within Kriptozoologicheskoy expedition to explore in detail the forest Bogorodsky district. The reason for the trip were multiple reports of local people about what they allegedly saw Bigfoot. The first message in the "Kosmopoisk" come, May 27, 2011. One of the locals randomly 40 meters noticed two strange creatures that looked at him in the eye.
– Local residents were surprised that there were two high-being, and the whole body was covered with their hair – told us the head of the Nizhny Novgorod branch of the "Kosmopoisk" Konstantin Utochkin. – This person is well remembered that his eyes glowed red strangers.
Later creature similar to Bigfoot, saw one of the employees' Kosmopoisk "when traveling along the forest Bogorodsko a moped. He noticed "something dark and high, which went along the trees." The growth of this creature was 2.5-3 meters.
– We were several reports that the area Bogorodskoye seen footprints on the grass, which left the snowman, – says Konstantin – People even said that one day a mysterious giant creature appeared on local potato field.
True, catch Bigfoot experts failed. However, they found a lot of interesting things. The appearance of a snowman in the Nizhny Novgorod region, according to experts, is the fact that in Bogorodsk discovered markers that Bigfoot marks its territory. Markers – this design of branches and trees that do not form a simple stall.
– This was my personal observation, – says Konstantin Utochkin. – One day, when we build the fire and set the table, I suddenly saw a dark shape in the distance near the bushes. At first I thought it was a mushroom, but when I got closer, it was found that these shrubs a man. Again find the markers.
They say that the Yeti is very intuitive, and therefore can not capture. In future research Bogorodsko forests will continue. Regular searches are planned for the summer.
The Supervisor of the Association "Kosmopoisk" Vadim Chernobrov:
– Until the end you can not be sure. That's why we came to the Nizhny Novgorod region. Typically, these expeditions took place in the far north: in Vologda, Kirov, Chelyabinsk, Sverdlovsk, or – in the south. But the Nizhny Novgorod region is in the central part of Russia, and that this could occur snowman – very interesting. During the expedition, we saw unusual signs, markers. These structures were located at a height of 4.5 meters, and were made by zapletaniya, inaccessible to man.
Chairman of the Board Bogorodsky District Hunting and Fishing Alexander Katin:
– More on the strange animals tell his name Chupacabra. How many times we have not traveled to these calls. It was even said that he was allegedly knocks machine. But since nothing has been found. Same thing with the snow man – someone saw him, but no one can catch. As for the felled trees, they may fall and age.