Pulse — this periodic jerky expansion of the walls of arteries. Best of all, he felt in two places — on the wrist, and in the deepening of the neck to the right or to the left of the chin.
1. The pulse at the wrist is located below the base of the thumb in the hollow between the two bones.
2. Feel for his three fingers and gently push.
3. Do not press the pulse with your thumb, as it is your own heartbeat, and you can take your own pulse for the pulse of another person.
4. The pulse in the neck (throat) is located in the hollow lower jaw bone to the side of the Adam’s Apple.
5. Check it out also have three fingers and lightly press.
WHAT CAN TELL PULSE
The frequency of contractions of the heart varies with age, and therefore, changes the pulse. Pulse rate is measured by the number of beats per minute.
up to 140 beats per minute
the child 10-14 years
up to 90 beats per minute
from 60 to 80 beats per minute
from 78 to 82 BPM
in the elderly
about 60 beats per minute
Changing the frequency of the pulse is caused by various diseases and injuries.
• Rapid or weak pulse indicates the shock, internal bleeding and overheating.
• Rapid and irregular heart rate of a person who is at rest, speaks of the heart disorder.
• Slow pulse indicates hypothermia (hypothermia).