Swim in stormy weather is not recommended. But if you were still in the water, try as quickly as possible to return to the land.
If you swam far from shore
1. Do not waste your energy and don’t fight the waves, let them carry you to the shore.
2. With the approaching waves begin to vigorously work the arms and legs, trying to move forward on its crest as far as possible.
3. Once the wave will go, relax and wait for the next one.
To move forward, use is also the technique «sliding on the waves». It consists in the following:
1. Watch over his shoulder for approaching the next wave.
2. When it catch you, tighten your whole body, lift your head, pushing your chin forward, and extend your arms in front of you or push them to the body.
3. Having got thus to shore leave him only after the crest of a wave will go from under you.
4. Once on land, immediately take hold of something sturdy that the next wave is not dragged you back into the sea.
If you swim near the shore
1. Note that the waves here, facing each other and udaras on the rocks, formed on the surface of the water the eddies and whirlpools.
2. Overcome them, not from above, but from below.
3. Dive towards the wave for a moment before the white foam on its crest will affect you.
If you were away from the shore during high tide
Strolling along the sea-coast during the hours of low tide, you can wander into the cave, coastal grotto or the Cove and will not have time to get out before high tide.
1. Climb higher on the rocks, so that even when the maximum lift water out of you.
2. Try to attract people’s attention by shouting, waving of hands.
3. Don’t go downstairs until rescuers arrive or will not end the tide and the water will fall.