Under tensile understand the damage to the ligaments, muscles, tendons and other tissues without disrupting their anatomical integrity. Usually, stretching — very painful injury in which in addition to the pain in the joint there is a significant swelling of the tissues.
First aid for stretching is this: you need to attach the injured limb above and apply to the injured place a cold compress (e.g., soaked in cold water towel). Half an hour later, the joint should tightly wrap and send the victim to the doctor (of course, not their own).
Most commonly injured ligament of the ankle (ankle or knee joints. However, the pull can and brush, and hip, and shoulder. In all cases the pain if the damage is not inferior experience at fracture, especially when the ligaments are torn. Therefore, the final diagnosis can only be installed using radiography.
• severe pain;
• discoloration of the skin.
• To ease the pressure on the stretched area. If damaged wrist relief is provided by ligation of the hands; tensile ankle need to go to bed, placing a pillow under the leg.
• To apply the cold in the first hours after stretching; then heat helps.
• If swelling and pain stay a long time, you must consult a doctor.
Stretching the muscles
• a sharp pain;
• the tumor;
• internal bleeding (bruising).
Often this injury-prone athletes: weightlifting (you can pull your back muscles when lifting weights), football players, basketball players, Rugby players (i.e. representatives of those species with a high load on the legs).