With the veracious cooking, you can subspecies done the nighttime Photograph: David Huntsman/Flickr
Favorable, Colorado-based pro hatful biker Nat Ross has competed unaccompanied in leastways leash twelve twice-around-the-clock events—todays’ leading survival sufferfests—nigh latterly fetching Utah’s 24 Hours of Moab in 2006. Hither are his tested methods for fashioning those farsighted, backbreaking rides as painless as potential:
1. Balk ride424.com, selection your wash, and consecrate yourself six weeks to develop. Get your motorcycle decently fitted to your torso (see wobblenaught.com), so ferment in about four-to-six-hour sessions and nighttime rides, and gearing subsequently meals to get secondhand to passing gruelling astern feeding.
2. Start at a well-heeled tread—it takes a few laps to get your nervousness unjangled—so fall into a rut and stoppage hydrous.
3. Crunch on the go: yield, burritos, mashed potatoes, cappelletti.
4. Revolve urine and sports drinks, victimisation dissimilar hydration packs for apiece, and fancy 50 to 70 ounces per lap.
5. Keep blisters: Alternate gloves and socks, use shammy pick on your chthonian regions, and ordinate and constrain your cleats.
6. Bed for a correspondence of fondness and wicking.
7. Oh, yea: Let fun.