If you — Kalashnikov machine user, do you often hear or even ask yourself questions like: «Damn, this thing is stuck, how to get it?», «Where to get a tool for this?», «How do you guys do it?» and so on. Or notice the bewilderment at the sight of a regular ramrod from AK?
Today we will talk about a few, more precisely about the whole 32 examples of the use of accessories from AK cleaning case, compiled into this article due in part to personal experience with AK, partly — Advice familiar shooters and military. Some of the options below are provided by the design and described in the instruction manual, some — a consequence of improvisation and ingenuity in the absence of other tools.
Farther — many photos! so…
To start — correct position cleaning rod in the stowed position under the trunk:
Here is the one cleaning case automatic machine:
Let’s get it…
… and gently put next to the ramrod. By the way, how to pull out a ramrod correctly and easily — a bit further.
Inside the cleaning case, we find a brush, a wipe, a punch and a screwdriver. Well and ramrod — separately.
What can be done with all this set of case for AK and ramrod?
1. Connect the ramrod to the case to form a T-handle and attach a brush to clean bore.
2. Attach the wipe to wipe bore clean
3. Insert a screwdriver into the side of the case to form a convenient handle for it and get a tool for vertical adjustment flies.
Although this method seems to be more reliable:
4. For more effort or more precise adjustment of the vertical position. flies screwdriver can be inserted at one end of the case, getting a convenient «lever arm».
5. Place the lid of the canister on a hard surface, shed upwards. Lay down front sight on the lid of the canister so that when pressing the canister from the top you can adjust the horizontal position flies, shifting it left-right.
And on the other hand.
6. Place the lid of the canister on a hard surface, shed upwards. Lay down AK shutter on the cover bottom up. Push out hairpin.
After deletion bolt studs the hammer will hold the drummer in place, and the stud will be in the cap. In the photo we have already pulled it out of the cover, but the meaning is generally clear.
7. Pry out ejector axis.
8. Use the ramrod as a lever, removing it from gas tube cover plate.
For spring loaded gas tubes You can remove the spring, or slightly press it when removing the lining.
9. Use the cleaning rod to remove DTK, flame arresters and others muzzle nozzles on the trunk.
This is especially useful when cleaning immediately after shooting is not possible, and muzzle head sits firmly on the trunk.
10. Use a punch to remove the folding pins. butt.
11. Use a pencil case to add extra force to the protrusion. gas pipe closure flag. You can insert it from the end to increase the lever, but I prefer to act as shown to prevent the risk of bending or breaking something, and it also allows you to «to shake» stubborn levers, instead of just pushing or pulling them.
12. With a threaded end of the screwdriver apply force to handguard, to turn it and take off the forearm.
13. Drive ramrod rag through gas tube.
14. Punch the bottom latch with a punch the store.
15. Pick up ends battle spring.
16. Put the case cover on the trigger and the ends battle spring, to keep everything together.
17. Pry out the axial pins of the receiver with a punch.
18. Insert the screwdriver with the end with the groove inside the case, forming a general-purpose screwdriver with a T-handle.
19. Screwdrivers out case for AKM have a groove on one side, it is used as a key when fixing the rub on the cleaning rod.
20. Covers canisters for AKM can be used as a muzzle pad. To do this, insert the cleaning rod into the pencil case, put the case cover on the cleaning rod, attach the brush. Insert the brush into the barrel, slide the lid on the muzzle before seating in place. Now you can move the brush back and forth without the risk of damage. trunk or muzzle hole.
21. The protrusions on the canister can be used to scrape off carbon deposits from gas piston. Insert the piston into the cut-out as shown and rotate with a little effort.
22. Pry out ramrod.
23. Using a screwdriver, move the spring of the latch folding butt.
24. Pry out the pin on the axis of the spring of the latch folding butt.
25. Use the cleaning rod to install the latch springs in place. folding butt, as shown in the photo. Thread the cleaning ramrod through one of the side holes, put the spring on it, then insert the punch in the cleaning slot. Use a ramrod to retract the spring.
26. Using a punch, center the spring axis of the latch folding butt.
27. Alternately use the spring of the latch. folding butt along its axis for assembly.
28. Cover case for AKM It has two holes opposite each other. Insert a punch in them to remove the stuck lids of the canisters. This is not very handy when removing the cover from the canister, since in this case the punch is usually inside the canister, but it is very useful when the canister cover is used as a muzzle lining.
29. Using a screwdriver and a case in the form of a screwdriver, scrape the carbon from the muzzle hole. In order not to damage it, you can insert cotton brushes for a larger caliber into the barrel.
In the very case for AK there is enough space for the brush, and this prevents the rumble of the components of the kit.
30. and 31. Use the cleaning rod to push the barrel bore stuck bullet, or stuck in chamber sleeves. Use a cleaning rod that is guaranteed to be longer than the barrel. I have this goal served by a ramrod from PKK.
32. Dip the punch in the oil. Pipette a drop of oil wherever precision is needed.
That’s all. Do you have anything to add? Send your options and photos, we will also post them here.
And remember that the accessories in the case for cleaning to different versions of AK may differ slightly.