Glock have been around for years. In fact, they were designed between the late 70’s and early 80’s. The first of which was produced in 1982 in Austria. They have proven to be some of the most sought after professional and personal firearms in the industry, and they are also known all over the world.
When looking for the best Glock to buy, it is important to understand the benefits, possible drawbacks and the different types available in the market. It is also important to remember the importance of gun safety and learn to keep your firearm so that it is always working properly.
History of Glock
The company was founded by Gaston Glock. As an engineer, he has many skills but none of them includes experience in the design or manufacture of firearms. The first of this line was the Glock 17 and Gaston put into practice his knowledge of advanced synthetic polymers.
Glock was the first to introduce ferritic nitrocarburization, which is a surface treatment used to prevent corrosion in the pieces of metal guns. While Glock was designing his first pistol, the Austrian military announced that they were searching the market for a new service weapon to replace an older model. Glock took this opportunity by designing his weapon to fit all the requirements set by the army, and they reached the top.
Over the years, Glock has launched several new models, the most recent of which is the fourth generation of Glock that was launched between 2010 and 2013.
The company also introduced a springback exchange program in 2011. They offer to exchange the recoil springs assemblies in the fourth-generation Glocks sold before 2011 to ensure the highest quality.
Characteristics and design
Glock’s “Safe Action” activation system is one of his favorite features. When you pull the trigger, three safety functions are deactivated (one at a time) before firing. The first of these safety features is the safety of the trigger, followed by the safety of the firing pin and the third is safety against falls. Once you have finished shooting, simply release the trigger, these three functions will be automatically activated again.
The materials used to make this firearm are created during the Tenifer process. This ensures a strong and stable surface that is highly resistant to scratches.
These firearms are known to change the way we think about the weight of a firearm by creating designs that are 90% lighter.
They designed this firearm to suit left-handed and right-handed users.
Advantages of choosing a Glock
There is no denying the fact that the Glock have passed the test of time and continue to increase in popularity as time passes. This is due in large part to the many advantages of this firearm:
- Reliability even in the first models.
- Durability thanks to the hard materials used.
- Weight is always a factor in firearms and Glock certainly does not disappoint in this area.
- The favorable shape of the handle provides the user with a comfortable and natural feeling experience.
- There are no retaining screws or bushings that can be loosened.
- The hole is low and there is no hammer, which means that the pivot of the hammer does not interfere with the lower hole. The low caliber helps with a low felt kick.
- They are easy to clean and maintain yourself. Replacing worn or broken parts will require some practice and the right tools.
- In comparison to other weapons of a similar size, these firearms have more shots.
- They are really easy to use and require less time to master them.
While they are really well made and have proven to be incredibly popular, there are also some potential drawbacks of this particular line of firearms.
It is important to know these points before making your final decision.
- If you are used to another type of gun, it is possible that the sights on Glock are aligned very differently.
- The aggressive rubbing in the barrel can cause a significant advantage when using bullets without a shirt.
- The lack of manual safety is sometimes considered less secure compared to normal manual safety devices.
- The views are basic and will almost always require updating.
- Smaller versions are hard to hold if you do not have small hands.
- Some models have a hard setback.
- There have been food and jamming accounts on occasion. However, these should be kept in perspective based on the user’s experience.
Different types of Glock
There are several standard models to choose from.
And each of them is designed to satisfy a bullet of different caliber.
- The G17 is designed to fit a 9 and # 215; 19, and the magazine has 17 rounds. It is lightweight, easy to use and known for its security features. It is a popular choice for law enforcement, the military, personal defense, first time gun owners and those who enjoy shooting for sport.
- In 1990, the .40 G22 was designed as a means to close the gap between 9 and # 215; 19 and the heaviest .45 Auto. The magazine has 15 rounds and has proven popular around the world. These are also often used in law enforcement, in the military, for self defense, for shooting sports, and for beginners as well as for firearms enthusiasts.
- The 10mm G20SF Auto offers impressive firepower and reduced felt recoil. The capacity of the magazine is 15 rounds, and it is praised for its reliability. The level of comfort and control is increased thanks to the reduced circumference of the rear receiver. This makes it ideal for people with smaller hands. It is often used within the military, as well as by hunting enthusiasts.
- If you are looking for an accurate shot, the G29 is an excellent choice and is often chosen by hunters and military.
- The G21SF is highly recommended for its slight recoil and precision. It is compatible with .45 automatic rounds and offers a capacity of 10/13 round. This model is also known to resist all types of weather conditions, which makes it popular in many countries of the world for police, military and hunting.
- The .45 G.A.P G37 is known for its revolutionary design that challenged several other models of firearms from other manufacturers. The modular rear strap makes it easy to customize the grip to fit the size of your hand. The dual recoil spring extends the life of the system and the reversible capture of the charger can be changed in seconds. This gun is suitable for left-handed and right-handed users. It also has the accessory rail for accessories.
- The G31 .357 is ideal for those looking for high output speed, accuracy, reliability and light weight along with a large storage capacity. The handle can be customized thanks to the modular rear strap. It also benefits from the life-extending double recoil spring assembly, the reversible loader and the accessory rail. He is often chosen by law enforcement officers, as well as firearms enthusiasts.
- The 9and # 215; 19 G19 offers impressive design, a modular rear strap for grip personalization, a double recoil spring for improved system life, a reversible loader closure and an accessory rail. The G19 is used in the military, law enforcement, for self-defense, by gun enthusiasts, first-time gun owners, and even women.
- The G23 in .40 has a compact design that adapts to hidden and open transport. It has a minimum weight and a large storage capacity. The handle can be adapted thanks to the design of the Modular Back strap, and the double recoil spring assembly is also used in this design along with the accessory rail. Applications include law enforcement, military, personal defense, women, first-timers and enthusiasts.
- The .45 G.A.P. The G38 is practical for those who are looking for a weapon that can be easily hidden without sacrificing its power. It is known for its performance and comfort. It is often chosen as a form of personal defense.
- The G32 .357 combines versatility, transport comfort and reliability in a single firearm. You can easily customize the grip thanks to the Modular Back Strap design and, in the style of Glock, is equipped with a double recoil spring and an accessory rail to hold your accessories.
- Models 9 and # 215; 19 G26 were launched for the first time in 1994, and is highly sought after as a hidden carrier weapon. The modular design of the rear strap allows customization of the grip, while the internal design includes a dual recoil spring assembly and a reversible loader closure. They are ideal for women, self-defense and gun owners for the first time.
- If you are looking for a small, precise, light and powerful firearm, the G27 is for you. It is a .40 caliber firearm and is often used as a backup gun by law enforcement. This is an excellent option for those who are in compliance with the law, as well as for women and anyone looking for a form of protection or buy their first weapon.
- G29 is a versatile high-performance firearm with a 10 mm caliber. Its smaller size means it is easy to transport as a hidden weapon and the aggressive grip pattern allows for a secure grip even when gloves are worn. It also has a magazine capacity of 10 rounds. This is the Glock of choice for many people in the military, as well as for hunting enthusiasts.
- The G30SF .45 Auto model offers fantastic precision along with its compact design that makes it easy to draw. It also offers greater comfort thanks to the reduced circumference. The military makes use of these firearms as well as hunters and those who seek a form of self defense.
- The G39 was built in accordance with the standard subcompact design and is the perfect combination of precision, power and can be easily transported as a concealed weapon. It’s great for those who are new to guns as well as experienced shooters.
- The .357 G33 offers a real hit with a high output speed and an easy-to-use compact design. It has 9 rounds in a standard magazine.
- The G43 is a very desirable 9mm with several superior features. The fact that it can be easily hidden is a definite advantage. This, along with its high level of precision and convenience for various hand sizes, makes it a popular choice. It has a beaver tail design grip, which means it allows a firm and high grip on the gun. The magazine of six rounds can be easily removed thanks to the great capture of the magazine. They are used in the application of the law, for self-defense, by women and firearms enthusiasts.
- The .45 G36 has 6 rounds is only 1.13 inches wide. It is easy to use and easy to hide too.
- The G42 .380 Auto is as tough as it is compact. It is the smallest of the whole range, which makes it a popular choice among those with smaller hands. It is perfect to carry in your pocket and is also praised for its reliability. All these factors make it suitable for use by the police, women, firearms enthusiasts, first-time gun owners and anyone looking for an easy-to-use way of self-defense.
- Accuracy is essential in competitions, which is one of the main reasons for the design of the G34. It has an extended gun, the dimensions of the slide are larger and are a highly reliable firearm of 9 x 19 mm. It is a popular choice for firearm enthusiasts, as well as for those who enjoy shooting like a sport.
- The G35 .40 includes a modular rear strap for easy customization of the grip to fit the size of your hand. It is also equipped with the double recoil spring assembly to improve the life of the system, and the reversible closure of the magazine facilitates the change. The accessory accessory rail is also included, and this model is available in the MOS configuration. It is also ideal for enthusiasts and anyone looking for a competitive weapon for competitions.
- The .45 Auto G41 is practical and tactical. The radius of vision has been maximized in this weapon along with the balance and weight distribution. It has a longer barrel and slide that help reduce the recoil of the felt and muzzle. It is also available in the MOS configuration. It is often chosen to be used by enthusiasts, in the military, to enforce the law, for hunting and for competitive shooting.
- The G17L is one of the best options in competitions and has a 6.02-inch barrel, a long viewing radius, an adjustable rear sight and a slit and raised slide. The 4.5-pound trigger helps make this gun much more accurate. It is best recommended for use in competitive shooting.
- The .40 G24 also has a 6.02-inch barrel and an extended viewing radius. Users can choose between solid and ported barrels. It is also better for shooting competitions.
- The 10mm G40 is available in MOS configuration and has a 6-inch barrel. This improves speed, while the magazine has an impressive amount of 15 rounds. It is powerful, easy to transport, and hunters often choose this firearm among several others.
Specialized designs such as Cutting, Practice, Restart and Training Intervals are also available only to those in charge of law enforcement. The G25 and the G28 are manufactured strictly for use in the application of the law.
Do not forget about security.
Safety should be the main concern for all gun owners or potential owners.
When it comes to safe use, these are the essential rules that must be observed at all times:
- Do not assume that you know everything or you could be unprepared.
- Always treat your weapon as if it were loaded.
- Always hold the weapon in such a way that the muzzle never points to something it does not intend to shoot.
- Keep your finger completely off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- When confirming your goal, be sure to consider all the surroundings. These include anything in front, behind and next to the objective.
- Never underestimate the importance of inspecting your weapon regularly.
- Make sure you update your aim and update your weapons security practices regularly.
Find the best fit
Whether you are looking for your first Glock, or are looking to replace your current model, it is important to have an idea of your different options.
For beginners, you may find it better to visit your local firing range to receive expert advice and sign up for a course on gun safety.
Learn every inch of the firearm you end up buying and make sure you always keep it in a safe place. Weapons can be useful during an emergency, but they can also pose a risk if they are in the wrong hands, so be sure to treat yours with respect.
WEAPONS AND ARMS