When you start with little or no camping equipment, it will be easy for you to choose the items you will absolutely need and those that will keep you entertained. Camping is different than camping with a backpack and camping is also familiar in relation to camping friends. Even so, there are some general guidelines you can follow and some examples of better purchases that will save you from spending too much. For those of you who like technology and are not afraid to invest in it, there are some great gadgets that will enhance any experience in nature.
Basically, what you will need to camp is shelter, bedding, food, clothing, first aid items and other miscellaneous items. When you go camping in a car, you will not have to worry about the weight of the things you carry with you. On the contrary, you will need a light equipment that meets the most basic purposes.
In case you take the children with you, you will have to think about feeding and entertaining them constantly. Things will definitely be different if you go alone or with friends.
To be more specific, a large family with several children will think of bedding and food as their main priorities. However, people who only have to take care of themselves will be interested in things like waterproof headphones and flashlights with USB ports.
Each type of camp requires varied equipment, so, then, you will see what your best shopping options are and you will read a complete list of the camp items that you can easily adapt to your needs. If you are passionate about technology, you will not be disappointed either!
Camping items for a luxury experience.
You must have on your list the following items: tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping chair, lighthouse, flashlight, stove, refrigerator, coffee maker, solar charger, knives, multi-tools, binoculars, hammock, spork, bottles of water, Means of purification of water and suitable clothes.
The best camping equipment is always expensive, so here are some products that are ideal when it comes to their quality / price ratio.
- Store. According to the opinions of the experts, Coleman Instant Tent 6 is your best option for camping by car with friends and family. This is a very spacious tent, designed for 6 people. It measures 72.01 x 107.99 x 120 inches.
If you can not figure out how much that means, think about having 2 Queen beds inside. It weighs 24.69 pounds and is equipped with a door. What is also good about this store is that you can configure it instantly. It comes with preassembled posts, which means you will not have to go through the trouble. Not only is it easy to install, it is also weather resistant, it also keeps water away thanks to its patented welded floors and inverted seams. This store is also available in other sizes, so if you consider it appropriate to your needs, you can look for it.
- Sleeping bag. The Kelty Callisto sleeping bag of 20 degrees is your best option in case of camping a car. Among its useful features, it can be compressed along with a similar one. Thus, couples and families with children can sleep together in the same sleeping bag. It comes with a sack of things and its dimensions are 3 x 34 x 80 inches.
As for its temperature classification, it is 20 degrees Fahrenheit. However, you should know that it is not a temperature that someone feels comfortable in this sleeping bag. One probably will not die, but it will be close to hypothermia. With a rectangular shape, it offers enough freedom of movement for children who do not like to feel restricted.
- Sleeping pad. The Thermarest Ridge Rest solar sleep pad is an alternative to sleeping mattresses. The latter are quite expensive and would mean that you would be investing a lot of cash for the whole family. However, when choosing a cheap and very effective sleeping pad, no member of the family will feel cold at night. It reflects the body’s temperature in the body and is 10% hotter than its previous version. Its thickness measures 0.75 inches and its dimensions are 21 x 10 x 9 inches.
If you really want to pay more for an air mattress, then NeoAir Dream by Therm-a-rest is definitely recommended.
- Camping chair With the Kijaro Dual Lock folding chair, you’re in luck! In addition to the fact that it comes in many different colors, it can support up to 300 pounds. It is a comfortable folding chair that maintains your correct posture. It remains in place when it is locked and the mesh on the back of the chair allows the air to pass well. Its total dimensions are 45.7 x 35.4 x 26 inches. This is an article that provides quality and is not expensive compared to other articles alike.
- Petzl – TIKKINA 60 Lumens is a headlight that works with 3 AAA batteries. It works for 180 hours in low mode and 120 hours in high mode. It is splash proof and weighs almost nothing. Remember that this is not the most advanced lighthouse. This is the best you can get at a relatively low price. Anyway, in case you camp a car, you will not need anything more powerful than this lighthouse. He does his job and is quite resistant.
- Lantern. At just 7 inches tall and less than 3.5 inches wide, the 240 lumen 3D LED flashlight Rayovac SE3DLNACOM Sportsman features a durable ABS construction. It is waterproof, so it is safe to take it with you while camping, regardless of weather conditions.
Offering up to 40 hours of light in high mode and up to 90 hours of light in low mode, this flashlight has the kind of LED that never has to be changed.
- Stove. Cooking may be optional while you are camping, but a hot meal feels so good that you can not say no to the Coleman Triton Series 2-burner stove. This is not your smart choice, but your most practical choice considering how much you are paying for it.
Among its features is its ability to boil water in about 5 minutes. This stove has a good flame and a good simmer. The space of the stove is not very wide, but it is enough.
- Cooler. When going from heat to cold, you can not question the need for a refrigerator. What would it be like to camp without a cold soda or a cold beer to complete the day? In this sense, you can choose Coleman 62 quarters Xtreme Cooler, which comes on wheels. It is advertised as ideal for camping, follow up, picnics and more.
If you keep it outdoors for 5 days at a maximum temperature of 90 degrees Fahrenheit, you’ll still have ice in it! Its dimensions are 31.5 x 17 x 15.5 inches.
- Coffee maker. While serving the best cup of coffee in nature is not that easy to achieve, at least you can settle for a fresh cup of coffee, congratulations to Melitta Ready Set Joe Single Cup Coffee Brewer. You’ll have to get up earlier to gain some strength and maybe prepare a cup of coffee for someone else too!
Even if this coffee maker has only one cup, it is good enough to take it to a camp, since its price is low.
- Solar charger. A suggestion for a better purchase, the Anker 14W dual port solar charger with PowerIQ technology allows you to charge 2 devices at the same time. It is easy to connect anywhere and is smart enough to detect the type of power your device needs.
You can not just disappear for days, so you’ll need it to keep your phone charged and listen to your favorite songs. Children will appreciate not having to use Detox on the Internet for a few days!
- Having a multifunctional knife by hand is essential when camping. The classic knife Victorinox Swiss Army is one of the best shopping suggestions, since it is compact and resistant, does not cost much, comes with a lifetime guarantee for the stainless steel from which it is made and has no less than 7 useful tools , such as scissors for everyday jobs, tweezers, chopsticks and key ring.
This knife is an excellent idea for a gift, so if you ever feel uninspired, you can not go wrong with this one!
- This article is not really necessary, but when you want to know what is going on around you and you can find out just by spending around $ 80, you can consider it! Nikon 8217 Trailblazer is an all-terrain binocular that is water resistant. It is free of arsenic and comes with antireflective compounds.
A clear as crystal with any view, so if you are interested, you can learn more about its technical characteristics.
- A hammock is a pleasure to lie down and relax after a walk or after entertaining the children for hours. You only need 2 trees and the ultralight Grand Trunk hammock for nature to spoil your senses. This is made of polyester; It is sturdy and supports around 250 pounds.
It is resistant to mildew and comes with a 2 year guarantee for your peace of mind. Keep in mind that it does not come with straps.
- Also called a spoon and fork in one, the spork is multifunctional and should have it. Choosing a titanium spork is better because plastic ones will not last too long. The Light My Fire Titanium Spork is hypoallergenic, non-toxic and biocompatible with human skin.
It does not leave any metallic taste in the mouth after eating and is easy to hold in the hand. Approved by the TSA, this article will save you space and increase the pleasure of eating in nature.
- Water bottle. Each person camping must have their own bottle of water. The variety you can choose is overwhelming. The Nalgene wide mouth BPA free BPA-free water bottle is a best-seller item, a best-selling product and is compatible with most water purification devices. That is an extremely important feature for a water bottle. Choosing the perfect color will not be a problem because it comes in 19 different colors.
- Water purification device. Drinking purified water is a requirement for your health, so do not go camping without the Sawyer Products Mini Water Filtration System or similar device.
You can also opt for water purification tablets, but you must first find a way to filter the water because it is not healthy to digest sand and small stones. If you get both, you will be safe until you are safe again.
- When it comes to clothes, it really depends on where you go and how long you stay. Rain jackets are very useful and isolated jackets can be a real lifesaver if exposed to adverse weather conditions. Another item of clothing that you may find useful is hiking pants. Once again, the variety is overwhelming, so you will have to find something that suits your needs.
Fresh camping item: Helinox Table One is considered by some to be a necessity, while others think it is just an improvement for any outdoor experience.
Having a coffee in a hammock while watching the sunrise is not a bad idea, but some prefer the old chair and the table to enjoy their morning coffee and their meals as well.
This particular table is lightweight, made of polyester and foldable. What more could you want from a camping table?
List of backpacking equipment for a light walk
If you are thinking of leaving your car and then venturing into nature, you will need lightweight items that you can carry all day. Some of the items are the same as in the case of camping in a car, but the best purchase options you have are different. This is because they are adapted to transport, not to move from the car to the ground and back.
Your list must contain: carp, carp stakes, carp footprint, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, backpack, trekking poles, ice ax, lighthouse, pot, stove, cup, knife, portable solar panel, etc.
- Store. All tents that are lightweight and have extremely good insulation characteristics are expensive. For example, the Hilleberg Anjan store for 2 people is a store that can be used for 3 seasons, but is not suitable for snowy areas.
It is super light to transport and can face strong winds. It comes with a single entrance and a lobby that is large enough to deposit your backpack. The outer walls of the tent can be adjusted according to weather conditions. Users consider it high quality and resistant to the sun or torrential rain. Condense is not something that happens too often in this particular store. Both the stakes of the tent and the footprint of the tent should be chosen according to the type of tent you decide to buy or already have.
- Sleeping bag for men. The difference between men’s sleeping bags and women’s sleeping bags is the size. Apart from that, the sleeping bags maintain the same characteristics. For example, the 20-degree Cosmic Down sleeping bag measures 16 x 9 x 8 inches and weighs 3 pounds.
It is ideal because the problem of humidity is solved almost 100%. The material used to make this sleeping bag stays dry, keeps it warmer and dries faster when necessary. Users are delighted with the zipper system of this model.
- Sleeping bag for women. The North Face Cat Meow sleeping bag is made of nylon ripstop and nylon taffeta, which weighs only 1 pound.
It is warm, comfortable and is constructed in such a way that heat loss is not an option. It could keep it alive in case of low temperatures, but it is not recommended to be exposed to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. It comes in the form of a mummy, which is known to keep the heat better, although you can not move too much while you are inside.
- Sleeping pad. The sleeping pad SOL Therm-A-Rest Z-Lite has ThermaCapture surface, which is the best because the floor will not absorb any of its heat. On the contrary, you will warm yourself with the warmth of your body. This is a durable and comfortable sleeping pad that you can carry over your backpack without feeling the extra weight.
- Men’s backpack. The Osprey Men’s Volt 75 backpack measures 4 x 13 x 33 inches and weighs 3.77 pounds. It comes in one size and can carry 75 liters. The cushioning and ventilation system are incredibly qualitative, as is the Stow-on-the-Go (TM) trekking pole accessory. The hip belt is the one that holds the entire weight and the length of the torso is adjustable.
- Women’s backpack. Women do not have to carry less weight, but their physical constitution is usually smaller than that of men. Therefore, they need a special backpack, such as the Kelty Women’s Coyote 75 internal frame backpack to feel comfortable. Placing the backpack on the torso is the most important aspect, especially when planning to carry weight.
This is more organized than the male models and comes with many different pockets. The rain cover is not included, so do not forget about that!
- Trekking sticks. These items are not necessary unless you plan on going to places that require them. If you do, then you can safely choose the Trekking Back Black Diamond Trail poles, which are supplied with a rubber grip and a nylon strap.
They are durable, lightweight, adjustable and come with rotating closures.
- Ice axe. If you are really planning to change the environment and anticipate blocks of ice, then you must have an ice ax with you. Black Diamond Raven is a traditional mountaineer ice ax.
It is made of light aluminum alloy for aircraft, which gives it great strength. It is also used as a climbing tool, it can get you out of trouble or make climbing easier, favoring shortcuts.
- Made of stainless steel and brass, the MSR WhisperLite stove distinguishes itself from any camping stove thanks to its small size. It burns with white gas, comes with a lifetime guarantee and only weighs 1 pound. Ideal for camping and walking, it is a suggestion for a better purchase made by professional hikers who have tried multiple cuisines alike.
- Cup and pot. With regard to the kitchen utensils that you can take while traveling in backpacks to nature, it really depends on your needs. Needless to say, you should find something small and light that is easy to clean.
High tech camping equipment.
Now that you’ve discovered the basics, it’s time to take a look at all the camping equipment available in the market and the gadgets you’ll enjoy when you leave camp. As a warning, these are not the best purchase items. Most of them are great and less practical, so the quality / price ratio is no longer applicable from now on. When you are tempted to buy a sleeping bag with an anatomical design of your printed body, you are definitely not thinking about the practical aspects.
However, the following elements are practical and attractive at the same time. Well, maybe the hanging store is not the most practical option, but it’s great despite everything!
- The blanket that repels insects. Thanks to a chemical that is totally harmless to humans, insects stay away from the blanket soaked in them. When you go outdoors, you must be mentally prepared to meet several insects. With or without anti-insect lotions, insects will still crawl on your stuff.
However, if you have this really cool blanket, you can sit or cover yourself with it to expel insects. Actually it’s okay to leave food because nothing will touch it. Except the bear, of course!
- The hanging store. It is not for backpackers or for family campers, the hanging tent is not something you need, but something that you may like a lot! This type of carp keeps small animals away from you and the mud will never carry it. It is a kind of luxury item for those days when you just want to relax away from any distraction. Squirrels can pay you a visit, but other than that, you can enjoy the feeling of a rugged hammock that comes with a roof.
- Waterproof headphones for music lovers. The Waterproof Earphone IE2-MBK-X Surge Contact is ideal to wear in extreme weather conditions.
Both sweat-proof and waterproof, they offer a rich sound even under water. It is expected that it does not rain so much and you can enjoy your music even when you are far from the city.
- High pressure shower anywhere. Winner of the Gear of the Year in 2012, the pressure shower Nemo HelioTM is a high-tech outdoor equipment that will allow you to take a refreshing shower thanks to its easy-to-use foot pump that does not over inflate and provides constant pressure water .
This item does not have to be hung to use it. Just leave it on the floor and wash or something else without problems.
- Rugged camera to carry. The Panasonic DMC-TS6D LUMIX camera enabled for WiFi Tough Adventure is waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and freeze-proof.
In addition, it has Wi-Fi capabilities to wirelessly transfer its content. Your smartphone can act as a remote control for this camera, thanks to its NFC compatible technology. The size of its screen is 3 inches and its dimensions are 2.4 x 7.8 x 5.5 inches. For other technical details, check the link above.
Equipment for a lifetime of camping.
Camping is definitely not a one-time activity. If you like to camp, you will be constant in practice, regardless of who accompanies you. It would be a waste of money and time spent on research not to continue with such a relaxing activity that can help anyone get away from all the stress in the city.
At first, buying all the necessary items can be daunting because they require a serious investment. Even so, you do not have to buy all the items at once unless you want to leave during the night. Choosing a qualitative team is crucial because, otherwise, you will end up renewing your team every two years.
Learning to survive while camping in a car or in a backpack can help you be more disciplined and, ultimately, can develop the skills needed in case something disastrous happens. You may not need the solar panel for your smartphone at that time, but you will definitely need it to charge your GPS and find a place where you can spend the night.
Having a few extra batteries around and the first aid kit can be included in the camping equipment category if that means you will not forget them. Remember that safety comes first and remember it before saving a dollar or two on less qualitative items. Happy camping!