A combined landing pot with a flask was accepted for supply to the USSR Airborne Forces by order No. 78 of 09.17.59 On the adoption of an aluminum combined pot with a flask for supply to the Airborne Forces in 1959. Manufacturer – Factory. Red Vyboryts what the brand of KV speaks about on each item of the set..
Combined landing pot with a flask, composition, review, positive qualities and disadvantages.
Despite some individual inconveniences, the bowler hat and kit as a whole have not lost their relevance and are currently included in the equipment of the Airborne Forces and other units and subunits.
Combined landing pot with a flask consists.
1. Flask with a capacity of 1 liter externally repeating the internal dimensions of the pot. Material – aluminum. Mass – 220 gr. The first flasks were made in two parts, with a rolled flange; later on, production switched to the whole flown flasks. In later versions of the kit, the flask was made plastic.
2. A pot with a capacity of 1 liter, has a rectangular handle for carrying and hanging over a fire. Material – aluminum. Mass – 200 gr.
3. A 0.5-liter bowl with a folding handle. Material – aluminum. Mass – 140 gr.
4. For storage and transportation it is completed with a tarpaulin cover. Mass – 80 gr.
Kit weight without case.
Empty 560 gr.
Stuffed with water 1.560 gr.
Gross weight in a case without water – 640 g.
Positive features of the bowler combined landing with a flask.
1. With a minimum of containers allows you to warm up or cook in the field hot food for one person.
2. The design allows you to cook food equally conveniently on a fire, on alcohol and gas burners, as well as on various taganka-tiles.
3. It is compact when carrying (a bowler hat, a cup-holder and a flask are transferred by one subject)
4. Relatively cheap and affordable product.
5. In production, a thicker sheet of aluminum was used than in the manufacture of a conventional combined-arms pot, hence the increased strength and durability of the product. Thicker material also provides an even distribution of heat and reduces the risk of food burning..
6. The main capacity of the pot has a more suitable and rational volume of 1 liter for use by one person compared to the combined-arms pot, the volume of which is about 1.5 liters.
7. A bowling bowl is more convenient than a lid-bowl from a combined-arms pot due to an increase in depth while maintaining the same volume.
8. The increased volume of a flask in comparison with the combined arms option.
9. Thanks to the metal case of the flask and its flat bottom, having previously unscrewed the cork, you can boil water in it, as in a teapot.
Disadvantages of a bowler combined landing flask.
1. A roughly made neck of a flask with a large screw thread in combination with a often uneven edge often does not provide the quality of fit and density of the screwed plug, which may cause water leakage. It is treated by replacing and fitting the inner seal..
2. In the cork, black sealing rubber is used, which after prolonged use gives an unpleasant smell to the water carried in the flask. It is treated by periodic replacement of the seal..
3. The small diameter of the neck is inconvenient to use. The jar is uncomfortable to wash inside. Open source water collection difficult.
4. The cork insurance against accidental loss is made in the form of a steel chain, which tends to knock on the flask in motion and especially when running, when the flask is located on the belt, which can also be considered a kind of minus.
5. Some inconvenience is caused by the need to put a bow-bowl on a bowler hat from below. After cooking at the stake, if it is not possible to qualitatively wash the pot, you will have to put a bowl-bowl on the dirty sooty pot with the inside.
6. The construction is very difficult to disassemble if during transportation when folded, sand or dirt gets into the joints of the flask, bowler and bowler.
7. There is no place for a spoon. As an outlet, you can sew an additional pocket on the case.
In general, the Combined landing pot with a flask is convenient in operation. In addition to the above disadvantages, which are mostly removable, there are no particular complaints during operation.
Faced in operation with a pot made in Sweden, the overall experience is very positive. It behaves perfectly at the stake, but is not friendly with the gas burner, most likely due to design features and material.
Partially used materials from the site www.vrazvedka.ru.