Although many people think that everything in their world will remain exactly as it is forever, there are many who believe that this is not only false, but dangerous even thinking. The reason why it is dangerous is that while people are complacent they will not prepare for the future. If they are not prepared, it could lead to the extinction of the entire human race when the economy really collapses.
Being prepared means accepting that this could really happen at any time, and taking steps to do something about it.
What is an economic collapse?
An economic collapse occurs when the government has no money. When the money runs out and an economic depression enters, it is the initial sign of a collapse. But as the depression continues for more and more time, it gets worse and worse. This starts a real economic collapse and conditions can get worse very quickly.
What usually happens is that civil unrest begins, followed by increasing levels of poverty. The result is usually a lot of unhappy people and a big mess. It can even be dangerous to go outside because typical law and order are broken. In these cases, the survivors are the ones who do best because they are prepared for anything that comes their way.
What you need to understand about an economic collapse is that it could happen anywhere. It could even happen everywhere at the same time and that can lead to despair and problems around the world. You never know what will happen when people get frantic.
They do not want to die (nobody does) and, therefore, do whatever is necessary to protect themselves by whatever means necessary. You want to make sure that, no matter what happens, you and your family will be protected during these crises.
It is important to mention that an economic collapse does not have to mean a total fusion of society as we know it. In fact, an economic collapse could happen only in your own family. People lose jobs all the time. It is an unfortunate truth but it is definitely true.
So, what would you do if your family lost their job? Could you continue with the lifestyle you are used to or things should change? Some people can make it work, cut back a bit and everything goes well. Some families, on the other hand, are devastated.
If the loss of a job is completely lost, you should make sure you are prepared in these cases as well. A number of the items on the survival list below will be crucial for you because you simply can not buy more than everything you need.
Things like the foods that are kept on the shelf, the water and the extra clothes will be important if you simply do not have extra money because things start to get difficult. Be sure to be prepared for any situation that may arise, even if it only affects your family.
How to start the preparation of the economic collapse.
Save gold and silver
Gold and silver are practically the only things in the world that will retain value at any time. You want to make sure you have enough of this to be able to exchange or buy items you need in case the economy collapses.
After all, in a collapsed economy, normal paper money (or coins) will not have much value. That can be a big problem if you’re not careful, so be sure to transfer all the money you can to gold and silver and keep it in a safe place. Of course, you do not want to transfer all of your money to this because it is difficult to spend on the things you need in the meantime.
Get rid of debt
If you have a debt during an economic collapse, it can be even more damaging. He wants to make sure he is prepared for anything that may come and that means he does not need money owed to anyone. If nobody else has money, those people will come back and try to charge you and that can be disastrous when you no longer have enough money for your own needs, your own family or anything else. You want to make sure that you are never in debt because you never know what might happen.
Store for a rainy day
Going back to the individual problems that might occur, the loss of a job or death in a family that results in less money coming into the house, it is important to make sure you have some money set aside. You must keep your family secure and protected after all and, unfortunately, that requires money. Try to get a little out of each paycheck you receive and place it in a fund for rainy days. The more you can store, the better it will be because you never know what might happen.
Make sure you have at least enough money to pay a few months of bills in case you can not immediately get a new job (which is hard to do in today’s economy). If you have at least that, you do not have to worry about a time. Losing your job will not immediately turn you into financial ruin and you will have time to look for a job or another method to make money without feeling too stressed.
Even if you think this could never happen, keep saving some money. You never know when a big expense will go up. Maybe something happens to your car or your house. Would you have enough money to fix it without a fund for rainy days?
Preparing for a lawless society
To be fully prepared for what is to come, it is important to think about what you will need. You will need many equipment and tools, but also many basic elements. The reason for this is that when the whole world begins to change, you never know what will be difficult to find.
You may not be able to get water, food or even basic hygiene products. So take some time to review this list and make sure you are ready for what is to come.
Keep a water filter handy
Water is an extremely precious resource. It is something that absolutely everyone desperately needs, and yet there is a limited supply in the world. The Earth recycles a lot of this for us, but eventually, the level of clean and safe drinking water could be depleted. What would you do if you could not buy water from the store or get it out of the tap anymore? Your body could not get the fluid it needs to stay properly hydrated and continue to function properly without it. Then what do you do?
You will have to have a way to purify your own water. That’s why one of the best investments you could make is in a filter and water purifier. These tools will make it much easier to keep your family healthy and hydrated because you do not have to worry about the water available in your area.
If there is a problem with the water, your family can still drink it because it will have its own purifier. Be sure to check the different ones and get something with a high level of quality and purification. You do not know what could end up in the water you need after an economic collapse and you want your water to be safe.
Store freestanding foods
How much food do you have in your house now? Chances are you do not have much and even if you have it, it’s probably stored in your freezer. Those foods are not stable at all. What that means is that if the energy is cut off, the food spoils.
It just will not sit on a shelf for the last time. What you want to have in abundance in your survival pantry are things that are stable, such as canned beans, dehydrated meats and grains. These foods will keep your family longer in case something happens and you can stock up in advance.
Plant your own garden
When there is a shortage of something, the last thing you want is to depend on someone else for your food. That’s why planting a garden is a great idea. If you have space to place one inside your home, it is even better (the lack of law is accompanied by an economic collapse). But even if your garden is outdoors, you can harvest your own food, which will make you less dependent on the people around you and the grocery stores (which could run out of supplies quickly).
Try planting a variety of fruits and vegetables and even grains if you have the ability. You never know what you will need if the grocery stores run out of food. Even if your family does not like something very much, try to get a good variety. You will get very tired of tomatoes after a few months and you will also need other types of vitamins and minerals. The wider the variety of foods you get, the better you will be at the end.
Learn conservation techniques.
Preserving food is also essential. You must make sure that everything you buy or everything that grows will continue to be useful for as long as possible. The best way to do it is to preserve it. Learn different types of preservation techniques and you can store your food for longer. It will help you keep them healthy for your family too. What you want to do is make sure you keep as many nutrients as possible when you store your food, so look for ways that do not eliminate everything your body needs.
Have weapons for hunting / protection.
In a place without law, you may also have to do your own search for food and be protected from the people around you (depending on how bad things are). In these cases, you need to have weapons and protection methods around.
Be sure to learn how to use the weapons you have, since keeping them in your home will not keep you safe and, in fact, could be more dangerous if you do not use them correctly.
Learn survival skills
Survival skills such as how to care for wounds (minor and not so small), as well as how to hunt, fish, build a shelter, tie a rope and light a fire are extremely important when things go wrong.
You want to make sure you can do all these tasks, which may require a little more effort and a lot of training. Look for classes on survival skills or look for books that will help you learn. Programs like Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts can also help you in many ways.
It will also be important to have extra clothes and blankets in case of an emergency. You must make sure that your family is protected and sheltered. You never know what you will need to do while you are working on an economic collapse.
You may need protection and you will definitely need a way to stay warm. The clothes are going to help you do that. They also offer an excellent barter item if you have extras, since you can use them to get supplies that you may not have enough of.
Keep extra supplies
There are many additional supplies that you should always have on hand when preparing for an economic collapse. If you have to survive under severe conditions for a long period of time, you will never know exactly what you might need and that means you must prepare for anything.
The list below will give you a small idea of the tools and supplies you might need to last even longer during problems. If everything breaks, you will definitely need help from everything you can get.
Look at these supplies and make sure you have many of them with you wherever your shelter is located.
- Flash – Make sure you have enough batteries to accompany this, as they probably come first, especially if the electricity has it. You want to have several flashlights and batteries stored in a safe place so you always have light.
No one likes being trapped in the dark and that means that any type of flashlight, whether small or flashlight, will be an extremely valuable asset. You could choose to swap with these as well if you have enough, but keep in mind that yours might run out if you do.
- Radio – Being able to understand what is happening in the world is also crucial for their survival. Whenever there’s a radio signal, you want to make sure you’re listening to it. Keep scanning frequencies until you find something. The government will continue to try to maintain order and, if electricity is cut off, radio will be the only way to communicate with everyone in the world.
So be sure to find a good quality radio that works with batteries. They are not hard to find, but they can be expensive, especially with all the batteries you will need.
- Swiss Army Knife – This is a great tool for almost anything. You can use it if you need to tie something and cut your rope, cut a cloth or something else. A Swiss army knife is really a good thing for you, even when you are not preparing for a big emergency because it has many uses.
- Lighter / matches: if everything starts to go crazy, you will still need a way to cook, stay warm and be visible. A lighter or matches are much easier than rubbing two sticks together. So be sure to stock up a lot. After all, they do not last forever.
- Ax – Being able to chop wood or take care of yourself if you get stuck somewhere requires an ax to cut around you. Make sure the ax you have is sharp and that you also have a good sharpening stone.
- Walkie talkie – Being able to communicate with your family is important when there is less order because you want to make sure they are safe. Having a walkie-talkie or some other form of communication tool will help you do this and will ensure that you never lose sight of it. Of course, with these you have to be reasonably close to each other, but some have a very long range and allow you to communicate from further away.
- First aid kit – You never know when someone could be injured and being able to take care of those injuries on their own could be extremely important. Otherwise, you may not be able to get medical help or have to negotiate with someone to get medical help. If you can suture a wound, sew a cut, take care of small lumps and bruises or more, you will be much better in the long term. After all, you want to be as self-sufficient as you can.
- Gasoline – You never know when gasoline could run out. It is an imported product, which means that the majority is not collected in the country. If it runs out (that is, if current stores are depleted) there may be no more shipments. You will want to store everything you can so that your vehicle is still a benefit to you. If you can store enough, you can also use this as a barter tool in case you need something else.
- Sewing kit – Being able to make your own clothes or repair your own clothes (even if it is not very good) is extremely important in case there is no place or any way to buy new clothes. This saves you from having to spend your hard earned products on clothes and clothing when you are trying to keep your family together and alive. Be sure to do what you can to keep your clothes in a condition where they work for you as long as possible.
Being able to sew tears or holes will definitely help this and keep your family much warmer at the same time.
- Hygiene products – Hygiene is extremely important because it will keep you healthy. You need things like soap or hand sanitizer, toilet paper, paper towels and more, as it will help you feel more civilized and act more civilized at the same time. Not only that, but you can also improve your own health by getting rid of germs (of which there will be much more if you are caught in the middle of a complete fusion of society and everything in it.) Definitely no I do not want to get sick in those conditions.
You have to be prepared!
Preparing for an economic collapse actually takes a lot of time. You must be prepared for the monetary side and the less drastic effects, but you must also be prepared for what may happen as a result of that collapse. The crazy things begin to happen even in civilized societies when money is scarce and supplies are even shorter.
Make sure you are prepared for an economic collapse by being prepared for anything. Have enough gold and silver stored so you can still survive at the beginning, but also have some supplies stored in case you also need to go underground.