Elements of equipment feeder fishing rods have some features in the method of connection. A beginner fisherman might think that everything is difficult and incomprehensible, but upon detailed examination, everything is simpler than I think. The loop for the feeder fits in several variations, the methods for which are described below.
- Features feeder gear
- 2 Types of loops for the feeder
- 3Asymmetrical loop for the feeder, features and method of knitting
- 3.1 Asymmetric loop properties
- 3.2 Advantages and disadvantages
- 3.3 How to knit loops for an asymmetrical type feeder
- 3.4Where is used asymmetric tooling
- 4 Factors affecting the quality of the loop
Features feeder gear
Before you knit loops for the feeder, you should know what this tackle is in principle. Feeder fishing is gradually replacing the usual fishing on the float fishing rod. Fishermen note that with the help of a feeder, the number of fish caught increases significantly, and bites, even in the most difficult conditions, become more noticeable. This effect is achieved due to the presence of trough installed directly on the tackle, as well as through a properly selected tooling.
For the manufacture of modern feeder rods used lightweight, and at the same time, durable materials, such as carbon. Typically used tackle is medium in size from 3 to 3.5 meters. For long-distance casting, the feeder can be up to 4 meters long.
Homeland feeder is the United Kingdom. It was from there that the idea came to combine the feeder with a leash. Thus, the bait will be next to the bait, regardless of the type of reservoir and the characteristics of the bottom. Structurally feeder gear consists of:
- fishing rods;
- fishing line;
Snap – part, located at the end of the main line. It consists of a timber frame for attaching the feeder, the feeder itself and the hook leash. Some species may be additionally equipped with a sinker and means to prevent twisting the gear. The choice of equipment depends on the conditions of fishing and the fish to be caught.
Types of loops for the feeder
There are more than 20 types of feeder equipment, divided into three groups: fixed, loop and sliding. The Gardner loop for the feeder and the symmetrical loop for the feeder are the two most common and simple types of installation. Also, depending on the type of fishing, the following loops are used:
- The Gardner loop for the feeder is not self-suppressing. Suitable for fishing on silt. If the feeder buries itself in the sludge, this does not prevent the equipment from transferring the bite. The feeding trough is fixed on a twist, 10-15 cm long, extending from the main fishing line. Thanks to the optimally selected length of the leash is not confused with the feeder;
- Inline Simple, but quite effective feeder loop. Used to catch carp and other fish in a standing pond. Equipped with a sliding weigher, which is easily removed and replaced with a light feeder;
- “Method”. Loop using the same trough like a nipple. Feed is pressed into the one-sided feeder. Reaching the bottom, he gradually washed out and lures the fish. If you make the bait more viscous, you can hide the hooks in the feeder;
- A helicopter and two knots are a self-intersecting tooling type used for fishing with long-range casts. The advantage of a helicopter is that it works well on any bottom, including on silt;
- Symmetric self-loops. A simple version of the system of loops, well conveying a bite of fish that goes from the trough to either side. Usually used in still water;
- Asymmetrical loop for the feeder. It does not twist the fishing line, due to which it can be used for fishing with moderate and strong current. This is an improved version of symmetry, which is more popular.
Probably, there is not a single feeder fishing enthusiast who did not use the asymmetric loop in practice, so we will consider its characteristics in more detail.
Asymmetric loop for the feeder, features and knitting method
Despite its relevance, not many people succeed in using the asymmetric loop in practice. Unlike Gardner, this tooling is more complicated. With inept use, it can get tangled, cut off and shoot all the time, but if you adjust, it will be a pleasure to catch.
Asymmetric loop properties
For this type of loop is characterized by different length of the shoulders. An equipment is tied from a piece of hard fishing line about 1-2 m long and 0.3 mm in diameter. You can use a mono-wall or a fluorocarbon, the main thing is that the fishing line is distinguished by maximum rigidity and is suitable for mounting asymmetry.
The asymmetrical loop for the feeder consists of two parts: the loop itself and the twist with a small loop under the hook mount. The equipment is thrown into the water, the sag of the fishing line is retracted to the desired tension, then the feeder slides down the loop. The fish takes the bait in his mouth and starts moving without feeling any resistance. Free travel continues until the trough moves to the upper edge of the loop. As soon as this happened, the tip of the rod starts to shudder, making it clear that the bite has begun. The fisherman immediately needs to do the hooking, until the fish spit out the bait from his mouth.
An asymmetric loop for the feeder can be used several times if it has not been damaged. As practice shows, a well-connected loop can withstand 2-3 fishing, but it is better to have 3-4 snap-ins in stock.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of asymmetric loop include:
- high sensitivity. The tip of the rod instantly reacts even to weak and cautious bites;
- equipment is not twisted due to the fact that the loop is attached to the main line through the swivel;
- not susceptible to negative external factors and bad weather;
- the different length of the shoulders allows you to remove the sag of the line and create tension;
- deeper gagging fish bait and bait;
- the fish is reliably tracked and held after a successful bite;
- it is effective even with easy feeding troughs and thin leads;
- suitable for passive fishing.
Despite many advantages, the asymmetric loop for feeder also has disadvantages:
- the complexity of installation, the skills required for mating to obtain high-quality tooling;
- not a self-clipping type of loop. With active cleves, it will bring difficulties;
- in case of inept use and long leads, the fishing line may become tangled;
- long mating process.
It is better to knit an asymmetrical loop for the feeder in advance, in order to get high-quality tooling and not spend time on it while fishing.
How to Knit Loops for an Asymmetric Type Feeder
Installation of an asymmetrical loop is a painstaking and responsible matter. Prepare the necessary components in advance. This is a piece of fishing line, feeder, swivel and leash. Knitting is carried out in several stages.
- Fishing line up to one meter folds in half.
- An eyelet is attached to fasten the leash with hook. The knot for the loop can be any, but the so-called “surgical” will be stronger.
- A tight twist is made about 10–13 cm long behind the loop, at the end of which a knot is also tied. Visually, it will look like a loop, twist and two free ends of the fishing line.
- A swivel with a carabiner under the feeder is put on one of the free ends.
- End with a carbine do 2 cm longer than the second. Thus we get the shoulder snap. Measure out the length of 10-12 cm and knit the locking knot.
- The remaining end is cut off, at the end of the second a loop is made for attachment to the main line.
- On a carbine the feeding trough is hung up.
- By the removal of the leash is attached by the method of a loop in the loop.
Asymmetrical loop for feeder ready. Pack it in a pack before fishing.
Where is asymmetric tooling used
Feeder equipment of asymmetrical type can be used both on a clean bottom, and in conditions of abundant vegetation, in standing bodies of water or with a strong current, but on condition that the trough was properly selected. Proper mating and ogruzka tackle allow you to make long casts up to 50 meters. In addition, the tooling can be used when catching passive individuals, small fish and on pressed reservoirs. On an asymmetric loop are caught such species of fish as bream, carp, tench, crucian carp, etc.
Factors affecting the quality of the loop
For high-quality installation of feeder equipment, it is important to choose the right fishing line. It should be with a lack of memory and with a high stiffness coefficient. The best option would be fluorocarboxylic type with a diameter of 0.25-0.30 mm. It is not recommended to take a line more thickly. in a pure reservoir or when fishing in winter, it will be noticeable in the water. Fluorocarbonized fishing lines have a high degree of transparency and are resistant to abrasion, which are important conditions for feeder fishing.
Also an important factor in the use of such fishing line is the ability to maintain high strength in places knotting. Regular fishing line can not boast of such properties.
In addition to these factors, other factors are taken into account:
- It is important to choose the necessary length of twist. When it is too big, the overlap and entanglement of the leash appears. Corrects the position of the knot knot up to 6-8 cm and the use of rigid fishing line;
- for catching passive fish, it is better to increase the length of the leash, and, with the active cleave, on the contrary, to reduce;
- according to the rules, the shoulder size should be 2 cm. If the overhang is larger, the equipment will become insensitive and careful bites will go unnoticed. If the lower arm is smaller, then the leash with the feeder will be entangled and overlapped;
- always check before feeding, whether the feeder moves freely or something interferes with it. If there are problems, the equipment should be replaced;
- swivel and carabiner should not have protruding parts. They will be confused for fishing line or provoke frequent hooks.
Knit feeder loop of a strong, tough and transparent cut fishing line. So equipment will be durable, imperceptible in the water and have the lowest cushioning properties.
Thin fishing lines are used for feeder leads, but they may not withstand when biting a large trophy. To avoid breaking the leash, between the knot and the snap-in is attached a piece of special feeder rubber called feedergam. It absorbs strong jerks of fish and prevents breakage, even with strong resistance.
You can try out equipment for feeder fishing on any kind of soil and under various fishing conditions, making sure personally of their effectiveness. Bole is absolutely easy to make loops.