Carp fishing on feeder is popular both among professionals of the fishing industry and among beginners. This excitement is explained by the relative simplicity and, at the same time, the activity of the fishing process. To catch a carp on the feeder does not require many years of skills. It is only important to choose the right gear, place, as well as bait and bait for fish, always taking into account the seasonality of the event.
- Carp Fishing Criteria
- 1.1Selection of equipment
- 2Some features
- 3 Types of bait
- 4.1 Preparation of complementary foods
- 5 Carp fishing feeder depending on the season
Carp Fishing Criteria
For fishing, aimed at such a large fish like carp, there are special accessories, in the form of carp rods. However, due to their high cost, they are rarely used. In addition, when properly carried out, catching carp on the feeder poses no difficulty even for beginners, and in terms of its performance, it is almost as good as fishing with specialized tackles.
Since the carp is quite strong and agile fish, the tackle for its catching on the feeder must be chosen very carefully. In this case, special requirements are imposed on all types of gear:
- Fishing rod. For fishing from close and medium distances, a rod with a dough of 90 g is suitable. However, if fishing with long casting is planned, this should be indicative of up to 120 g. The rod itself, according to structural strength, should be either heavy or extra heavy. The length of the fishing rod is allowed within 3-4 m. The best option for carp fishing is a 3.6 m long structure with a short stick and a noticeably extended holder under the reel.
- Coil. When choosing this part, it is recommended to count on the opportunity to catch a trophy instance. Therefore, the bait should be purchased inertia-free coil, equipped with rear friction brake. The size of the spool should be in the range of 3000-4000. It is also recommended to purchase models of coils equipped with a beytraner. This design will protect the line from the gap when biting large carp.
- Fishing line For carp fishing, a strong but resilient fishing line should be used. The sensitivity of the thread does not play a decisive role. Best for this purpose suitable monophilic product. The thickness of the thread is chosen under the approximate weight of the fish living in the pond. For carp up to 4 kg, you can take a fishing line of 0.14-0.16 mm. Fish up to 10 kg will survive the fishing line of 0.25-0.3 mm. And in the presence of larger individuals it is not recommended to take a thread thinner than 0.35 mm.
- Hooks. To catch such fish products must be durable, sharp and of high quality. Forged hardened hooks No. 6-8 are best suited for this purpose.
- Leash The length of the fishing line of the lead can be 10-80 cm with a diameter of 0.18-0.22 mm. It is important that about 150 m of fishing line is wound on the spool.
While hoping to catch a carp on a feeder rod, it is advisable to acquire good quality gear from reputable manufacturers. Otherwise, if large fish are biting the bait, unreliable products can be seriously damaged.
Almost any kind of feeder gear can be used for carp fishing. However, there are designs that show the greatest impact during operation:
- Method. The feeder is a trellis or frame with one or more baited hooks. Before casting this product is covered with bait from all sides. Carp, in an attempt to catch the decaying bait, along with it pulls in the mouth and hook;
- Paternoster. It has a high sensitivity, but it can be used for catching fish near the oozy bottom.
In the process of preparing for carp fishing it is very important to choose the right feeder. Depending on the type of reservoir and fishing conditions, feeders can be selected different. However, the main ones are:
- Spring. It is a spiral of wire with hooks hidden in it. For use it is covered with bait, retracting which the fish swallows the hook.
- Frame. The design is a plastic frame in the shape of a wing. Due to the special smoothness of the material, the feeder is often used for fishing in algae.
- Flat. The feeder has an even bottom and an oval shape. A hook is installed inside the small crates, which is hidden under the bait layer. For this type of feeders, small lengths of leashes are used, the size of which does not exceed 10 cm. Such a construction involves two types of installation of the product, a flat flush and inline. In a deaf construction, the feeder is also a sinker at the same time. Products over 30 grams can contribute to the self-slicing of fish. Inline has a rubber stopper on a fishing line or swivel leash. Such a product moves easily along a fishing line, but it cannot catch fish.
- Closed. It is a dense cylinder with small holes, through which lively food comes out.
When choosing the type of feeder you should not take products heavier than 70 g.
Features of the choice of location
Fishing can be carried out in rivers and canals with a small current. However, it is best to catch carps in a pond or other bodies of water with stagnant water. Despite the fact that the lakes are predominantly flat muddy bottom, it is necessary to find any irregularities in the form of brooks, obvious dimples or elevations. It is in these places to catch carp most promising.
To study the bottom relief, you can use the following methods and devices:
- Echo sounder;
- Jig spinning;
- Marker float;
- Feeling the surface of a sinker.
Most often carried out probing the bottom of a sinker. For this purpose, the most distant cast is made. After the thread is fixed with a clip on the spool. Next, the fisherman must pull the weight to the shore. This is done before the occurrence of the first movement delay, which usually signals irregularities at the bottom of the reservoir. The delay is always felt as a push in the hand. In order not to lose this point on the line with a marker, a note is made.
After that, a throw at the same point and next to it is performed 4-5 more times. If the following marks coincide with the first one, then at the bottom in this place there really is a suitable unevenness.
When casting the line on the spool, it is better to fix the rubber band, but it is recommended to remove the clip, because the carp often makes sharp and strong jerks, in which a tightly fixed thread can break.
Types of bait
Carp is always distinguished by its capriciousness in taste. Because of this, it is quite difficult to guess on what bait he will peck at. To taste he likes:
- Sprouted wheat;
For efficient fishing is recommended to have several types of bait. You can also catch carps on purchased baits, boilies. Bait is a balls with different flavors.
Bait can be combined by putting them on the hook for two different types at once. In the spring, the carp is particularly active and is caught on the moth. At this time of the year, using only vegetable bait is not worth it. In the fall, an active bite occurs when a corn and a worm are simultaneously attached to a hook.
Rules for feeding
Fishing for carp feeder rod at any time of the year involves the use of a large number of bait. Carp is a very voracious fish, so it will take about 4 kg of lure to catch it. And since this type of fish is different and omnivorous, then when preparing complementary foods you can easily combine many different components.
To effectively lure a fish, a bait should include:
- The basis. This may be porridge or special purchased mix. The basis is? part of the mass and volume of the entire bait;
- Components with a large fraction. This is corn, pellets, peas, maggot or chopped worm. Additive is? of the total amount of complementary foods;
- Particles of the main bait. Their presence in the bait will bring the carp to the hook. This component in the lure should be around? of total weight;
- Flavors. For carp, the aromas of vanilla, caramel, tutti-frutti, garlic, hemp, strawberries and anise are especially attractive in the warm season. In the autumn it is better to use aromas of garlic, hemp, shells, shrimp or crab.
If fishing occurs on a paid pond, then it should be borne in mind that the fish in it are fed with mixed feed. Therefore, to get a good catch, it is recommended to add it to the bait.
It is necessary to lure the fish by throwing balls with the bait to the desired point. This is done as a feeder, and slingshot. With a small distance of the point for fishing, casting is done manually.
Preparation of lure
The effectiveness of fishing depends on the correctness of the preparation of the bait and its consistency. For use, the ready lure is twisted or compressed into small balls. When sculpting balls should be tight, but loose, firmly hold, but crumble with their strong compression.
Preparation of complementary foods is performed in the following sequence:
- In a large amount of water, about 10 liters, fine-grained cereal is poured, suitable as the basis of bait. Cereals by volume during cooking should be 3 times less than water.
- When the croup is cooked, excess water is drained from it and components with a coarse fraction are added to the base. The composition is thoroughly mixed.
- The main bait is added to the mixture, after which it must be kneaded again.
- Flavor is added to the feed.
The mixture is brought to the required density and viscosity directly at the place of fishing, by adding water from the pond with carps to it.
Highly effective have such recipes for feeding:
- As a basis, chopped peas, millet and barley are used, which are cooked to readiness in equal proportions. To enhance the smell of the finished base is used unrefined sunflower oil and honey. To the mixture are added breadcrumbs in the amount of 1/5 of the total weight of the bait and cake in the proportion of 1/10 of the total weight.
- Boil the barley and corn grits in equal parts and mix them. Add to the finished porridge breadcrumbs and mix. Is their number equal to? volume of porridge. Add boiled or preserved corn or peas to the lure in the same amount as the volume of crackers used and mix thoroughly. At 1.5 kg of the mixture add 2 tbsp. unrefined sunflower oil and as much honey. Here are added flavors. They can be replaced with ground fruits or berries growing on the shore of the reservoir chosen for fishing.
After cooking, any bait should stand in a sealed container for 15-30 minutes.
Catching carp feeder depending on the season
The method of carp capture always depends on the season and even weather conditions. So when fishing in a thunderstorm, the fish actively begins to peck, if you add a little undercooked potato to the main meal.
The beginning of spring carp fishing is done in mid or late April, when the water temperature reaches 100C. At this time of the year fishing should be carried out in canals and rivers. Here the carp rises after the winter in search of food. Best spring fish peck on animal bait. It uses a small amount of bait, and the fishing itself is carried out near the shore, in the shallows.
In order to catch carp in the summer, it is better to choose rainy weather, thunderstorms and days with low atmospheric pressure. On hot days, the fish actively bite at night, as well as in the morning and evening dawn. Fishing is recommended at a depth of about 5 m. The bait and bait can be exclusively vegetable.
In the autumn it is not recommended to use a large number of flavors in the lure. This may scare away the fish. Bait and bait should contain animal components. The waiting period before reloading gear should be increased to 20-30 minutes. The chances of catching carp in the fall are great in September. It is worth catching in sunny, well-warmed parts of water at a considerable depth. The closer to winter, the less active the fish becomes. In November, catching carp is almost impossible.