Hypothermia and hypothermia Extreme outdoor recreation. It is clear that there is no doubt that it will help. Therefore, you need a solid foundation.
It is a chemical effect. If you do not help in time, hypothermia can lead to death. Hypothermia usually becomes bad weather or physical exhaustion.
Despite the fact that there is a risk,
- Children and the elderly – for people of the cold. Children are also at high risk.
- People who are in hot climates, especially blacks.
- Subcutaneous fat. It is better to make your body temperature.
- It is a process that leads to normal body temperature.
- In the body of shock, the body more of the body deteriorates.
- In a state of constant stress.
The risk of hypothermia is significantly reduced when using appropriate clothing and footwear.
Factors leading to hypothermia
The most common factors leading to hypothermia are:
- Climate underestimation;
- Non-seasonal and / or wet clothes;
- Revaluation of physical abilities;
- Inability to take food and water.
It is possible to divide all predisposing factors into two groups.
Cold, humidity and wind conditions. It is a combination of all factors. The most dangerous of these is the wind. It’s a cold day. This feature is the one on the north wind. The following are features of such a wind.
The lower the temperature will be. At the same time, such wind dehydrates exposed skin. It can never be underestimate it.
Cold rain wind.
Moisture in pure form (for example, in the form of summer rain) is not a serious threat. However, it can significantly increase the rate of developing hypothermia.
If you’re there, you can limit heat loss by adding additional insulation or finding shelter. It is necessary to maintain the body with high-calorie foods.
Foods that contain carbohydrates quickly saturate the body with energy. As a rule, these are various sugars. If you eat low-calorie foods, hypothermia will accelerate. Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) affects tremor and increases the risk of hypothermia.
Insufficient nutrition is a catalyst for internal hypothermia. There are two catalysts that we must fight against: dehydration and fatigue.
It affects the body’s ability to dehydrate. It can also seriously affect the right decisions.
Because it is more difficult to recognize, it’s often the feeling of thirst.
And, finally, perhaps the most dangerous internal factors for hypothermia are fatigue and exhaustion. This can be avoided in three ways: the second — by limiting dehydration, and also by taking a sufficient amount of calories; and energy saving.
Traveling in mountainous terrain, you need to strive to maintain a steady heartbeat. It can be a short step uphill.
I’m not a sign of the rules, if you’re still the case The last desperate effort to reach the shelter. A Canadian Eskimo story is a preserve of valuable reserves of energy.
Symptoms and stages of hypothermia
Symptoms of hypothermia are different, not typical, not clear and clear. In fact, its development often occurs silently and imperceptibly. If you’re thinking about what you’re thinking about.
Hypothermia is mainly divided into three categories – mild, moderate and severe. This should be:
Easy hypothermia – from 35? With to 33? C
- 35? C – Uncontrolled dizziness. High blood pressure.
- 34? C – Amnesia, impaired speech (dysarthria), poor eyesight, behavior change.
- 33? C – Ataxia (impaired muscle coordination), apathy.
Average hypothermia – from 32? With to 29? C
- 32? C – Stupor (impaired consciousness associated with weakness and numbness).
- 31? C – Extended pupils.
- thirty? C – Cardiac arrhythmia, heart failure.
- 29? C – Loss of consciousness.
Severe hypothermia – from 28 ° C to 13.7 ° C
- 28? C – General ventricular fibrillation, hypoventilation.
- 27? C – Loss of reflexes and voluntary movements.
- 26? C – Lack of response to pain.
- 25? C – Reduced blood circulation in the brain.
- 24? C – Hypotension (low blood pressure), bradycardia (slow pulse), pulmonary edema.
- 23? C – Lack of response to the cornea, areflexia.
- nineteen? C – Electroencephalogram is not visible.
- 18? C – Asystole (cardiac arrest).
- 15.2? C – The lower limit of survival for children in hypothermia.
- 13.7? C – The lower limit of survival for hypothermia in adults.
It has been shown that there is a sign of hypothermia in the group of carbohydrate-containing foods. It is always a victim of hypothermia.
It is a simple combination of thumb and little finger. If you cant find a way to dry out. “V.M. Kohansky
The disease can be taken to death. It was a loss of mind and a sense that it could be a loss.
These stages are very difficult, First-class lifeguard skills, there are enough ways to fight to the end! Often, victims of severe hypothermia can be seen. In these cases, the rule applies: “He is not dead, even if he is cold and dead.”
If you’re not getting in a wrinkle, you don’t have to start your CPR.
If you are a group of people, they’re fatigue and lethargy, slurred speech, overexcitement, and others. And should not be ignored.
It’s a funky way to notice it.
Hypothermia is easier to treat. It’s not a problem.
It is easiest to treat mild and moderate hypothermia. The actions are mainly as follows:
- Isolate the victim from the effects of external factors. This can be done in a well-insulated tent or in another dwelling.
- Put it in a sleeping bag. Dry plastic bag or foil.
- It makes it possible for you to keep yourself up to date. Warm is the skin contact. It is possible to make sure that there are no drafts.
- Warm up. They will help him produce heat himself. If conditions exist, light exercise is recommended for warmth.
- The most important aspect in the treatment of hypothermia is that it should not be gradual. If you try to warm up the patient too much, you can’t get it. The body is cooling down. If you’re trying to find out how to circulate it, then it’s not necessary to get rid of it. It will take up the residual heat, which significantly complicates the task.
- An evacuation may not be necessary.
Much more complicated is the situation with severe hypothermia. Be careful! Self-activity can cause life-threatening consequences.
- Environmental change – safe and warm shelter. Do not heat up quickly, because you can lead to heart problems.
- Wrap up warm if possible (sleeping bags, blankets, mattresses, foil) to prevent heat loss. Can be placed around the chest.
- It is a priority and it is crucial.
The most common and seemingly innocuous problem is working in the forest in winter. Others continue to work.
For the reasons stated above. In the case of your armpit or groin. It becomes warm. It is a good idea to keep your body in the middle of the body.
Of course, it’s not a problem.
Hypothermia and hypothermia. Tips for prevention and treatment