This is a guideline. It is a substitute for permanent instructions. It gives an idea of the initial training.
From the editor: Land forces in the early 70s. It represents the Southeast Asia.
Organization and composition of intelligence units
There are two types of WG (reconnaissance groups): 12 people and 6 people.
WG of 6 people
The American servicemen and four natives include:
- Group Commander (USA);
- Deputy group commander (radio operator) (USA);
- Senior group of natives;
- Grenade thrower with M79;
WG of 12 people
- Group Commander (USA);
- Deputy group commander (US);
- Radio operator;
- Senior group of natives;
- Grenade thrower with M79 – two people;
- Scout – 5 people.
A list of the usual equipment of each scout:
- Pure form;
- Jungle boots;
- Belt with holster;
- Individual package;
- The drug kit is depressant;
- Knife (heavy and sharp);
- Four flasks and a set of tablets for water purification;
- Smokes (at least one of each color) ’,
- Individual survival kit;
- Personal weapons;
- Signaling mirror;
- Signal panel;
- Lantern with a directed beam;
- Rocket launcher with 4-6 rockets;
- 4-6 ammunition pouches;
- Backpack with reinforced ribbons;
- Accessories for cleaning weapons;
- Bottle opener or opener;
- Matches, sealed to protect against water;
- Insect nets;
- Jungle sweater;
- Radio station;
- Nine feet of strong rope;
- Two carbines (locks);
- Notebook and pencils;
- Two plastic bags;
- Frag grenades;
- Two scarves (shemaga);
- Device for descent.
- Photo and video equipment;
- Radio station with additional power;
- M79 grenade launcher and ammunition;
- Mines M14, mines, surprises (if necessary);
- Reconnaissance devices.
Three main points
- You need to get a piece of equipment for all members of the WG.
- The bag can be saved.
- All equipment should be located conveniently for the scout.
Property worn in the form of:
- Lower left pocket pocket:
- Insect repellent in a plastic bottle;
Ammunition pouches are mounted on the opposite side of the holster. The cloth closures are cut off. Shop put the base up. The first three and the last three patrons – tracer.
In addition to personal equipment, the radio operator and the radio operator One scout carries photographic equipment, binoculars. In a group, everyone should know her whereabouts.
Preparing for the assignment
The KRG Commander of the Reconnaissance Group is the trainer of the landing party. The most commonly used output is helicopters. So you should always look for new opportunities and ways. Avoid standard schemes. The output depends on the number of helicopters, etc.
Output time. Determined by the enemy. Avoid daytime (lunch) time and disembarkation at sunset, since at a time you can fly. WG actions will be difficult. Landing at sunset
When operating at night, helicopters are less vulnerable to determine the PP. But the crew must be prepared, and the PP is larger. Orientation difficult.
The possibilities of helicopters. WG: from one to four helicopters:
- Rescue helicopter with medical staff in case of helicopter dropping;
- The command helicopter from which the landing is directed;
- One or two cover groups (2-4 combat helicopters).
As a rule, the KRG does not participate in the development of a helicopter group.
Landing areas. The distance between the PP is 2-3 km, so that the enemy couldn’t organize it.
Flight planning shouldn’t be aware of. The KRG, together with the pilots, will determine measures to de-orient the enemy. However, it doesn’t die during these actions.
Miscellanea. If a helicopter is shot down, the KRG must be taken over the crew and command until the moment of evacuation. The enemy has already landed. Therefore, it should not be necessary to return to the helicopter. If it’s not possible, I’m giving you information about the gunners and the crews.
Actions on PP (initial position). Regardless of the situation, the KRG lands first. WG near the PP occupies all-round defense, the KRG is oriented. At this time, the helicopters are nearby. After 10-15 minutes KRG gives the command to leave the helicopters. If DG is detected – immediate evacuation.
Brief information about the conduct of intelligence. Examine the card. If you want to know your route, you can remember landmarks. Acting on rough terrain, impede the actions of the enemy. Use the march action: move the right-left of the azimuth on the target.
Note. Each degree gives 17 m for 1 km of the route.
Phase of the task
Change the scouts ahead with a compass and map. Use the terrain. Watch out for weapons:
- The weapon is pointing in the direction you are looking. Otherwise, you can save your life;
- Preparation of weapons. Pull up the belt, wipe off the dirt. Shoot the weapon with rags, ropes to avoid noise. It is useful to you during the execution of the task.
Avoid movement along glades, crossings, roads – they are used by the enemy. Do not break the branches – they will find you.
Crossing aisles, roads, crossings:
- Understand the line;
- Determine the order of transition;
- As short as possible;
- Avoid places with traces of people;
- Spot the marks.
Actions during stops:
- If you’re sitting in your lap;
- Go to bed;
- If you snore, cover your mouth with a handkerchief;
- Do not remove equipment during sleep.
- Dried vegetation may be an old disguise.
- Fallen branches can be shot down in the sector of shooting.
- Avoid crossings and moats with water in populated areas.
- In there can be booby-traps.
- Avoid meeting people.
- Avoid action stamps.
- Always be prepared for an ambush.
- Use bad weather: however, there will be no air support.
- Never go back the old way.
- In an unexpected collision, shoot low. Ricochet is not better than getting at all.
- When choosing a PP, avoid choosing old or obviously comfortable.
- Do not smoke, for coughing take pills.
- Keep quiet.
- Movement: heel footprint, heel footprint, the whole foot.
- Actions on stopping or eating:
- Eating only one person;
- Only one person goes for water;
- Observe only one diet, cook and eat only one food.
Smell. By smell, you can determine it. Cigarette smoke can be felt for 1/4 mile. For a few hundred meters – the smell of cooking. So you define an ambush before you get into it.
In the case of a great distance. Not suitable for use soap, etc. Eat only what the locals eat.
Touch. To find out, touch, eavesdropping.
The shape, humidity, temperature, structure. If you are a person, you should be able to find out how to use your hands.
Eavesdropping. This will indicate the movement of the enemy. Barking dogs – on the approach to the village. Practice identifying the reason for barking: they find you or another reason. Any deviation from ordinary lives is discovered. WG. By sound, you can determine the caliber of weapons and range.
When conducting intelligence, pay special attention to such factors:
The environment and its changes
- Traces. You can determine the number of people, There is a clear mark on the footprint of the latter. After examining the tracks, you can then explore them. Walking along the trail Having studied the idea of the cargo.
- Vegetation. If you look at the sun, you can find any violations. Branches break parallel or in the direction of motion. The grass lies in the direction of movement.
- Clothing. There are scraps of clothing.
- Birds and animals. You need to know how to play your actions.
- Parking places. Spots of fluid and soil, atypical for the area. Traces of blood. On the leaves of the human growth. Examine the color and condition.
- The soil. Study the soil, stones, grass in order to find traces of shoes. You can determine the direction of the movement. Turbidity of water on it. In this case, it was an hour ago.
- Garbage. This is a direct result of low discipline. It should be used. These include: packs of cigarettes, sheets, clothes, matches, cans of dry rations, etc. Another example is undisclosed traces of items. Look for them along the road and along it.
- Footprints. Light rain reveals traces and preserves their duration. Heavy rain completely destroys them in a short time;
- Garbage. After examining it, you can determine it. Remember when it was raining.
- Footprint footwear. Around the first trace of the dust. Sun and air dry traces. By their condition, the trace can be determined;
- Garbage. In the sun fade paint many items. First become yellow, then white. The most interesting is the “yellow stage”. During the night, the formation of the yellow stage. A completely yellow subject becomes 30 days. But such a definition requires experience.
- Footprints. He puts grass, leaves, etc. The cause of the fall;
- Garbage. Can be taken away from the road. So look along the roads.
The combination of the above factors affects rust on the metal. Rust is formed on no longer than 12 hours.
The influence of air and wind while driving. Be careful, because you can determine the location of the enemy. It becomes a quieter. You are facing the sound of the sound. Winding along the bottom. This is a big inconvenience if you are approaching the camp. Consider everything.
Ambush on the pursuers. This is the most reliable way. May be an armed unit nearby. Leave the fire back and forth.
The setting of cost centers (mine blast barriers) can have a significant impact on the enemy:
- Mina “Claymore” – set on the road with a time delay fuse. According to your deceleration time, according to your calculation;
- Mina M14. It is the most effective of 2 feet. May be used in combination;
- Stretch grenades. But they are more reliable when triggered. More hit radius than M14;
- Regardless of the defeats the enemy’s advancement
Masking traces. It should always be done. The group must be a person to disguise the tracks. Restore the position of branches, etc. Then you can move on.
More effectively if you mask the beginning of the trail. Or set a cost center.
Intelligence is conducted more extensively. Example
- general description
- Number of wheels (tracks)
- Type of Cargo
- Number of cars
- engine’s type
- Trace characteristic
Questionnaire after completing the operational matter. However, it’s not a problem.
Capture of prisoners
One of the most valuable sources of information is the prisoners of war. In this matter will be insignificant if:
- The capture team is assigned additional tasks;
- This question was practically prepared;
- Insufficient preparation of the natives in the group;
- L / s (personnel) poorly matched;
- Bad or not prepared at all special equipment.
Capture the rules of the activity, but justify the means. No little things. Criteria for choosing: for this task: determination, courage, a strong desire to win, high professionalism.
The composition is at least 12 people. Experience shows that the best option is 12-15 people, minimum – 9, maximum – 25-30 people. The team must live, prepare, prepare, pass checks together.
It is a well-executed ambush. The number of l / s depends on: weather, terrain, enemy, l / s, time, etc.
Type A Ambush
The composition of 12 people: 3 Americans, 9 natives.
Subgroups: security – 8, capture – 2, communication – 1, management – 1.
Equipment: PPC-25 radio station – 1, NT radio station 1 – 3.
Additional equipment as needed.
- The composition of the WG.
- Air support does not require a large number of helicopters.
- Because of the use of mines and RPGs,
- Depending on the weather and territory.
- The group is large enough to fight.
The KRG sees on the meters 75. 03 and 05 – providing the ambush is carried out at the site. They control mine Claymore. It is carried out by 10.01 and 02 .. 12 (radio operator). 10 controls the detonation of mines, except those that are from 03 and 05. 10 The ambush is the speed of the withdrawal. After capturing the WG through 07 and 11, he moves to 08 and 09.
Exploded mines. The group moves to a predetermined point.
Type b ambush
The composition of 9 people: 3 Americans and 6 natives
Subgroup: security – 3, capture – 2, assault – 2, communication – 1, management – 1.
Equipment: PPC-25 radio station – 1, NT-1 – 2.
- Small group easily maneuvers.
- Minimum air support.
- No problem in managing the group.
- Low firepower due to light regular weapons.
- Where the task was.
Ambush “B” is a plot of 50 m. Provides greater security due to the small distance between the flanks. Combat orders are placed directly in the zone of action. It can be carried out against 6-8 people. 10 identifies a prisoner and gives a signal. Actions are similar to “A”. The group moves to the control point through the ambush site. Then, under command 10 goes to the evacuation point. He should be near the ambush site.
This is a type of small arms used. Mines are used if their detonation can be controlled 100%.
Type C ambush
The composition of 30 people: 3 Americans, 27 natives.
Subgroups: security – 15, capture – 2, assault -11, link -1, control – 1.
Equipment: PPC-25 radio station – 3, NT-1 – 4, machine gun M60 – 2.
- WG is big enough to fight the enemy unit.
- It can be carried out even from the composition of a large enemy unit.
- Additional tasks may be performed.
- Great air support.
- Due to the large number of l / s, security is difficult.
- Management requirements.
- A large number of equipment.
Using a large number of l / s in triples, actions are possible. 5 m is determined not affected area.
Report to the 10th RRS-25 sub-groups. Bullet-tags. When the enemy passes through the non-hit zone, it sends a signal and selects prisoners (prisoners) to be captured.
The assault subgroup of the fire subgroup. After 8-10 seconds, go to the ambush area. After them there are subgroups with M60. The assault information. On team 10, then through the group of 2, then through to the evacuation point.
They are not targeted.
Captured team trains, livestock, acts and tests together. It’s a matter of course.
The group can be assigned one task – the capture of prisoners.
I’ve been able to get out of it as soon as possible. The situation with the helicopter is as fast as possible. It is necessary to use various means to remove the prisoner from the danger zone.
The situation in the area. During preparation (3-5 days) at least 2 methods should be worked out.
Wounded prisoner should be taken immediately. Send it immediately? It all depends on the injury. The first aid.
The team should always be together!
Photographic equipment. It is used to have clearer information about the object.
Subsequently, other pictures can be taken. It is better to study the terrain and vegetation. For KRG it is necessary to determine.