Kalashnikov AKM and AKMS with special US ammunition with reduced initial bullet velocity.
Special US cartridges allow real aimed fire from AKM with the device at ranges up to 400 meters. To aim the automatic machine at the target when firing US ammunition with the PBS-1 device for soundless and flameless firing, instead of the standard sighting strip with a clamp, a special aiming strip with a clamp is installed on the machine, which also helps to aim the machine at the target when shooting ordinary 7.62- mm cartridges of 1943 without a device.
At night, targeted shooting with US ammunition from AKM with the PBS-1 device can be conducted with a set of night shooting sight NSP-2. This manual describes the PBS-1 device and the features of the PBS device, which was produced before 1962. The purpose, operation principle and combat properties of the PBS device are the same as the PBS-1 device.
Brief information about the device device PBS-1, the principle of the device.
The soundlessness of the shot is ensured by the design of the PBS-1 device itself, which is a silencer of the sound of the shot, using special US cartridges having a reduced (subsonic) muzzle velocity.
When firing a bullet at the exit from the bore, it breaks through a rubber shutter. Rubber, shrinking, prevents the breakthrough of powder gases into the body of the device. Gases that managed to break through after the bullet fall into the compartments formed by the partitions, expand, lose speed and do not cause sound. In addition, gas cut off by a rubber shutter creates a pressure in the bore of the barrel necessary for the operation of AKM automation.
Contents of the book PBS-1 device for silent and flameless firing from 7.62 mm modernized AKM and AKMS Kalashnikov assault rifles, manual.
Appointment and combat properties of the PBS-1 device
Brief information about the device device (device principle).
Device, disassembly and assembly of the device and special aiming strip.
PBS-1 device and special aiming strip.
1. The device.
2. A special aiming level with a collar.
Dismantling and assembling the device.
3. General instructions.
4. Dismantling the device.
5. Assembly of the device.
6. Setting on the machine a special aiming plate with a clamp.
Inspection of the device and special aiming strip with a clamp.
7. Inspection of the device in assembled form.
8. Inspection of the device in disassembled form.
9. Inspection of a special aiming strip with a collar.
Combat service and operation of the PBS-1 device.
Preparing the machine and instrument for firing.
10. General instructions.
11. Installation of a sight for firing an assault rifle with US ammunition with a device.
12. Replacing the shutter.
Causes of violation of the normal operation of the mechanisms of the machine when firing ammunition with the device.
13. General measures to prevent and eliminate delays during firing.
14. Characteristic delays that may occur when firing from a machine with the device.
Bringing an assault rifle with a device to normal combat when firing US ammunition.
15. General instructions.
16. The order of bringing to normal combat machine with PBS-1 device and a special aiming bar when firing US ammunition.
17. Checking the combat machine with devices when firing ammunition.
18. Installing the sight of the special aiming bar when firing with machine gun ammunition.
19. Bringing an assault rifle with a device and a set of night shotgun sight NSP-2 to normal combat with US ammunition.
20. Recommended installation of the NSP-2 sight for firing from an automatic rifle with a device with US ammunition.
Cleaning and lubricating the appliance and the machine.
21. General instructions.
22. The procedure for cleaning and lubricating the device PBS-1.
23. Features of ammunition.
24. Capping of cartridges and shutters.