The thermal imager for hunting is a truly unique and irreplaceable thing. This device determines the temperature difference between objects and catches the approximation of the specimen of interest. It allows you to detect an animal at an impressive distance (from one to one and a half km) and watch it for a long time. The hunter has the ability to move after the victim, without fear of scaring her away. The acquisition of a thermal imager is not a privilege of specialists, but rather a necessity. People who are seriously engaged in hunting, will appreciate this amazing invention. Having learned how to use it correctly, you can diversify and improve the quality of your professional activity.
- Thermal imager hunting
- 2 Selection Criteria
- 3Best thermal imagers for hunting
- 4Weather Thermal Imager
- 5How to use correctly
Thermal imager hunting
The presence of this device in the hands greatly facilitates the task of the hunter. For example, this device allows not to stop spying on an animal during rain, heavy snow or fog. If there is no such device, a person, for an explainable reason, has to stop work, transfer it to a more favorable period, when the weather conditions will correspond to the task being solved. However, the presence of a thermal imager in the hands changes the situation radically.
Even at night, a high-quality imager will depict the silhouette of an animal on a special screen. This is a versatile device that is endowed with great advantages. Although the cost of the thermal imager can not be called cheap, but still the price is quite acceptable for those people who have decided to devote themselves to the hunt. Every year devices become more and more popular and even become cheaper. For this reason, they tend to acquire a large number of people. After all, it is much more convenient to act for sure than blindly.
Criterias of choice
Going to the store for a thermal imager, it is important to understand what result to expect. And for this it is necessary to determine in advance what is an acceptable option for a person. The selection criteria depend not so much on personal preferences or material well-being, but on what goals are set for yourself. Consider in more detail what you need to pay attention to when buying.
- The quality of the device. Intending to spend a substantial amount of money on the purchase of a thermal imager, you need, of course, to make sure that the device is serviceable. The quality of the device is of great importance. It directly depends on how long the item will last. Otherwise, it will be very long to prove to the sellers in the store that it was expected to see a completely different result. Before buying it is important to check the thing on the criterion of health. The perfect condition of the new device guarantees quality. Everything should work without hesitation and complaints. Only after that you can give money to the cashier.
- The study of the characteristics. This refers to a detailed acquaintance with the important characteristics that are of considerable interest to the hunter. For each it will be their individual requirements. If during the operation it turns out that some important functions are missing, then the hunting specialist may suffer a bitter disappointment. That is why the study of characteristics when buying can not be neglected. It should determine in advance what is the desired acquisition, and what is not.
- The purpose of the purchase. From them directly depends on which model is best to buy. For example, budget thermal imagers are quite suitable for someone to hunt, especially if the hunter is just starting its activity. The most expensive and best thermal imagers are usually chosen by experienced hunters. Indeed, in any business it is important to develop, and not to stand still. In any case, the objectives of the purchase should be determined in advance.
- Warranty service. The purchase of an expensive item must necessarily be accompanied by the necessary guarantee. Usually it is given for 12 months, but there are expensive goods for which warranty service is accompanied for the whole 3 years or even 5 years. All these factors must be considered, intending to make a purchase.
The best thermal imagers for hunting
Different models of thermal imagers differ not only in quality but also in additional functions. Each hunter has the opportunity to choose not only according to his wallet, but also depending on the assigned tasks. You can start your activity with simple models, and only then, having gathered the necessary experience, you can move on to more expensive ones. Consider them in more detail.
- “Pulsar”. High quality thermal imager, which is the desired goal of many hunters. This device is designed to carry out hunting with aiming accuracy. It does not require a connection to the smartphone. Its speed is more than 15 frames per second. Visibility range up to 1550 meters. The cost of the device starts with 300 thousand rubles and rises to higher levels.
- Chinese models. Manufacturers from China offer relatively inexpensive thermal imagers. The price varies from 40 to 60 thousand rubles. Chinese models make it possible to try themselves in the hunt, but they are not intended for too long distances. Some models connect to the smartphone.
- Budget models. Usually their cost does not exceed 20-30 thousand rubles. Budget models have a not so wide viewing angle, they are intended for beginner hunters. But they can also be used if there is no other alternative. In any case, it’s better than nothing at all.
DIY thermal imager
Many people are worried about this question: is it possible to make a thermal imager for hunting with your own hands? The fact is that not everyone can afford to spend money on an expensive thing. In the case when hunting is an exciting hobby, not a profession, people want to save. At the same time I do not want to miss anything important.
The principle of operation of the imager is quite complicated. Therefore, without additional knowledge it is unlikely that it will be possible to make such a device with your own hands. You can make it yourself only if you have all the necessary materials on hand. Need a special optics, which will transmit the image on the screen. For this purpose, you can take a ready-made system from a camera or video camera.
How to use
Such a thing as a thermal imager is necessary not only to choose carefully, but also to apply it correctly in its activities.
In order to “catch” the object in sight, you need some time to move the device along the ground. If at a distance of one and a half km there are living beings radiating heat, the device will detect it.
A thermal imager detects moving objects based on the energy they radiate. The intensity of the radiation depends on the number of flashes. In this case, it is worth noting that such radiation is completely safe for humans. In order for the device to serve for a long time and not break, it is necessary to adhere to some simple rules.
- When not in use, the lens must remain closed. Careful treatment will help keep the device safe and sound for a long time. The lens must be cleaned regularly with a clean cloth slightly dampened with water to prevent dust particles from entering it.
- The imager itself is wise to carry in a special case or cover. This is the only way to save him from falls, strikes and shaking. Handle the device carefully. Do not leave a working device unattended. Careful use will keep its working qualities for many years of active use.
Thus, the acquisition of a thermal imager is fully justified. This modern device is worth the money spent on it. With it, you can easily monitor animals, make amazing discoveries. All objects of interest will be displayed on the device screen, which means that the hunter will be able to control the events with ease. With the help of a thermal imager, you can make the process of studying the animal world more informative, exciting and interesting.