Somehow such an interesting flashlight came to our editorial office — Walther Pro PL50.
Cameth under the editorial door. But one thing is for sure — It is a time when it’s time to go.
Having played a blast of 120 lumens. It is quite a bit surprised.
After that, they were even cheerfully. With that, the flashlight is powered by a single AA battery.
Therefore, we’ve seen a couple of tests.
Walther Pro PL50 flashlight overview
Let’s start with technical characteristics:
|Overall length, mm||115/123 (with extended head)|
|Case diameter, mm||18|
|Head diameter 26||26|
|Lantern weight, g||52/78 (with battery inserted)|
|Type of light source||LED Cree XP-G2 LED|
|Type of control button||pressure switch|
|Focusing light flux||The movement of the lamp|
|Stroboscope||yes, type TDS|
|Lantern modes||Max — 100%||Med — 40%||Min — ten%|
|Power supply — 1xAA||Alcaline 1.5V||Ni-MH 1.2V||Alcaline 1.5V||Ni-MH 1.2V||Alcaline 1.5V||Ni-MH 1.2V|
|Luminous flux, lumen||110||120||45||50||ten||ten|
|Illuminated range, m||70||70||50||50||25||25|
|Working hours||2 h 40 min||3h 10min||7h 10min||8h||22h||23h|
|Resistance to fall from height, m||2|
|Standard moisture and dust protection||IPX4|
|Reflector material||Aluminum (smooth aluminum)|
|Body material||Aviation Aluminum|
- Lighting control system — Beam Adjustment System (BAS)
- Multisystem power — Multi Battery System (MBS)
Equipment — Our flashlight was staffed as follows:
- Lantern itself
- AA Alcaline 1.5V Energizer Battery
- Case-pouch with belt clip
- A loop — for mounting the flashlight on the hand
Figures, and now…
Our opinion on the flashlight Walther Pro PL50
In general, the flashlight seems good — It was the most important thing!))) There was a feeling. «product quality factor»Despite the fact that it is not a small size Why do we think so? And because…
- Glow modes — there are three of them — they switch easily, without any delay. It’s simple — pressed — switched.
- Battery compartment It is screwed along with the thread, it can be easily sealed, it can be screwed along.
- Battery It is fixed in the case of the spring.
- Lamp very comfortable to hold, in any possible way, especially — Rogers / Shurfire grip with a pistol — not checked, but I think how to try, and be sure to tell). It wasn’t even inconvenient to hold the Camelback Magnum. — it is quite convenient to keep a flashlight in them.
- IPX4 protection standard implies splashproof — and this is good. Of course, it’s not true that you’ve taken a flashlight. But in the rain the lantern will feel very confident.
- Availability strobe light — This is also a plus, although the chip is purely tactical. It is not a good solution. Although it’s probably a double pressing.
- End button — it’s comfortable. Especially for a lantern of such dimensions. It turns out that it is inconvenient, it can be attributed to the minuses. But, as I said above, the modes are continuously and regularly.
- At all body material and impact resistant lens — This product is a great advantage.
And now — promised two tests — at work time, and range and lighting efficiency.
It’s simple — With a fully charged AA Ni-MH 1.2V 1700mAh Duracell battery, we left the flashlight turned on in three modes: 100% / 120 lumens, 40% / 50 lumens and 10% / 10 lumens. Notice the time and waited until the moment when the light is completely extinguished. As a result, the resulting time: 3 hours for 100% 10 hours for 40% and 24.5 hours for 10%.
For complete time (approximately 20% of the total time), the light begins to fade, imperceptibly, slightly. This is not good, while the lighting control system (BAS) is declared in the design. But otherwise, the flashlight showed no technical results.
AA Ni-MH 1.2V 1700mAh Duracell battery. Here we even tried to take a photo. — ungrateful occupation). Explanations — under the photo.
Test in the dark — Park, without lighting. Left — the area of the light — with focus. Top down — lamp operating modes: 100%, 40%, 10%.
Test in the dark — city, remote light sources. Left — the area of the light — with focus. Top down — lamp operating modes: 100%, 40%, 10%.
But in the darkness. Left — not focused beam, right — focused. From top to bottom, as in the previous photo, modes: 100%, 40%, 10%.
Detailing the environment with 100% mode without focusing (park, total darkness).
Detailing at 100% of the light flow, without focusing (city, remote light sources).
Darkness in confined spaces. On the picture — 100% without focus.
Darkness in confined spaces. On the picture — 100% focused.
The viewing distance without focusing is even small at 100%. But the spot light is more than acceptable.
But when focusing, the range is excellent (in the photo — 40% mode with focus)
But the result is in 100% mode with focus. At around 75m, one can distinguish large objects and a small-sized human figure. The red arrow shows the reflecting light — to him 110-120m
As a result, we received about the following figures:
|Flashlight mode||You can distinguish the object, m|
|without focusing||with focus|
There is a lot of cheaper and very expensive. It can be used at the same time. And with all this — Specifications you need specifically.
As I have repeatedly said in my articles — it is a long time where you will use it. (Which is often wrong), or vice versa, or «Only cheaper options will do!» Here is an example, very exaggerated — It’s better to buy 10 lanterns for $ 30 a year or one for $ 30, but which will last 10 years? Or what you choose for — flashlight for $ 30-40, or for $ 100-200, while shining it once =)
Flashlight Walther Pro PL50:
- Dimensions and weight
- Power supply — just one AA
- Three modes of lighting, strobe
- Working hours
- Durable and easy to hold body
- Moisture protection
- Relatively high — but in view of quality and intended durability — justified value
- In our opinion, the IPX4 standard is not enough; with IPX6 would be more suitable
- The head moves away along the body.
- Strobe function
- End button is pressed without clicking
Generally — The flashlight is good, nice and convenient. It works for a long time. As a result — Walther Pro PL50 EDC. He has already been taken — For the door in the garage
Thanks for attention!
P.S. if you Walther Pro PL50 like, write in the comments — Find a discount for you! =)
Walther Pro PL50 flashlight overview