Some of the innovations in the area of tourism equipment invariably make me (smile), they are exposed to “watertightness” as their main feature. “Waterproof” shoes, “waterproof” hermetic bags and “waterproof” shoes. Protecting the backpacker from moisture in extreme tourism.
Reasoning overall, if you really need waterproof backpack or hermetic bag, then the marine orientation. Kayakers and supporters of other water sports. Charge for quality.
In other cases, it is assured that they can be protected against water. However, from personal experience, I’m not really trustworthy, especially in cases
Protect from a backpack. Choose your suits you.
If you are a hermetic bag
Editing editor. It goes further, it’s not a problem. Yeah, along with the backpack. This is what happens to not only among the lovers of rafting on boats, but also ordinary tourists.
Tip 1: forget about the cape on the backpack
Just drop this option. They are completely blown away. Do not believe the seller. Of course, they will cope under the light rain themselves, but you expect from your backpack itself.
Tip 2: insert-cover method
This method water protection your backpack is located moisture proof bag, this bag fits inside the bag. Such bags can be branded or improvised, in my case. Make sure you’re on the bag for you.
- Advantages: Inside a waterproof backpack, creating a positive buoyancy. Suitable for repeated heats, when you overcome water obstacles several times a day. Bivouaczak or shelter. If your tent or shelter is small, you can leave the backpack outside.
- It could be difficult to get in. A backpack can draw water between the fabric and the insert, making it heavier.
Tip 3: individual hermetic bag method
It is a separate container. For me, this is the following:
- Advantages: it is more convenient to pack up and save space in a backpack. It is easy to find out how to change clothes in a green herm. It is difficult to arrange a swim.
- Disadvantages: you need a smaller number of smaller sealed packaging, less buoyancy backpack.
In the case of the bag, it is pushed in and out. The bag is compressed by hand, which facilitates the process. The bag twists and the belts on the compressor are tightened. Finish – the sleeping bag is compact and secure. protected from water.
Tip 4: floating backpack method
If you have only 1-2 swims, it will suit you. It’s easy to put it on the back of the bag. Push it in front of you or drag it.
- Advantages: dry backpack. If the bag is clear, you can control the ingress of water inside.
- Disadvantages: If you have a lot of heats, it can be tedious to pack-unpack time after time.
What technique do I personally choose for myself? Two in one, for confidence. Separate piling inside a common insert. Result? Things are really dry, and I have a great time.
Original article – How to Waterproof a Backpack
Survival Tips and Skills