Laziness is the engine of progress; Direct evidence of this is the electronics market. 1000 gadgets per person – is it a joke? And this is not the limit …
This is a tourist one. We will consider this a gadget as a GPS navigator for the tourist.
Navigator through the eyes of a tourist. What does the consumer want to see
What is the perfect tourist navigator? It would not be easy to “not killed”, but “immortal.” And with a completely different travel scenarios. So, a set of characteristics for the perfect GPS.
- Impact resistance. The navigator must “endure” everything: falls, strikes and other injuries. It is a fact.
- Moisture resistance. Of course, it should be a flood, heavy rain, or forced submersion.
- Display with anti-reflective coating. And in our area is the sun. And bright and rather insidious. If you’re looking for it?
- Autonomous work. A GPS that “sighs” before it crosses the line.
- Dimensions. The statement “Size doesn’t matter” doesn’t exactly refer to tourist gadgets. Only a lightweight and compact GPS navigator.
The choice of the tourist: TOP-3 GPS navigators who deserve confidence
The American company Garmin has pioneered the creation of GPS navigators for tourists. It is not a problem.
Garmin eTrex 10
Budget model. Cost ranges from 120$ up 150$. The case of the Garmin eTrex 10 is a black and yellow color. Display size – 36×43 mm, type – monochrome. The navigator is quite compact, equipped with fasteners for convenient transportation.
GARMIN E-Trex 10 can save 50 routes and 1000 waypoints. It feeds on AA-type batteries. Works 25 hours. It perfectly synchronizes the work with the satellites (malfunctions can occur in lowlands). Not afraid of water.
Cons: Too little memory. There are no maps for you.
Garmin eTrex 20
Upgraded model series eTrex. Not only the technical characteristics have become “older”, but also the price. The cost of such a unit ranges from 200$ up 250$.
The Garmin eTrex 20 is replaced with a color display 220×176 points. Increased the amount of memory. Now the device remembers 200 routes and 2000 waypoints.
But that’s not all. In addition to expanding the memory to 1.5 GB, the Garmin eTrex 20 is equipped with a slot for microSD. Supports two navigation systems: GPS and GLONASS. Like his less “clever brother” conscientiously performs all the necessary functions. Autonomous operation of the navigator up to 25 hours.
Garmin Montana 650
Model Garmin Montana 650 is a high-class family of tourist GPS navigators. Its cost ranges from $ 500 to $ 600.
It is an anti-libral coating of diagonal of 4? It depends on the position of the device. Shockproof, waterproof, not afraid of dirt, dust, etc.
Equipped with additional features such as:
- autobuilding the route;
- three-axis electronic compass;
- special calendar for the hunter / angler;
- transfer of coordinates;
- information about sunrise and sunset;
- 5 megapixel camera with autofocus function.
Cons: dimensions and weight.
After reviewing the most frequently purchased models of GPS navigators, this’s a moot point. Anyway, it’s an amateur technician.
Technique can fail at the most inopportune moment. Therefore, hoping for a “miracle of electronics” in the wild is life-threatening. It can be a question.
Do I need a GPS navigator survivor? Solve only you, gentlemen!
How to choose a reliable tourist navigator