Such an individual filter for water purification is part of individual field rations (food rations). For example, such as the IRP, which are supplied by representatives of the military, police, rescue, etc. structures.
Individual filter for water purification from field dry soldering IRP, description, overview and application for water purification in the field.
An individual filter, the official name of which is an individual product for the preparation and purification of water, is a plastic case with a tube and is designed for disinfection and cleaning in the field up to 1 liter of water. This individual filter is supplied in a plastic bag with instructions and is designed for use with an army-style flask or with a PET bottle. Produced by NPO Prodspetstekhnika CJSC.
disinfection of water. The tablet contains the sodium salt of dichloroisocyanuric acid (18 mg.), Highlighting 10 mg during work. active chlorine and destroys bacteria, viruses, pathogenic fungi.
Cotton wool and five tablets (presumably 0.25 g each) of activated carbon in the filter housing, designed to purify water and filter organic matter, which gives the water a yellowish color, smell, etc. And to remove heavy metals from water.
An individual filter is suitable for army-style liter jars and plastic PET bottles with a standard narrow neck. The design allows to twist a stopper at the inserted filter.
The procedure for using this individual water filter (with instructions).
1. Fill the jar with contaminated water.
2. Drain approximately 50 ml from the flask. water.
3. Open the packaging with the product.
4. Remove the disinfecting tablet Aquabriz-10 from the packaging and lower it into a flask with water.
5. Close the flask with a lid.
6. After 2-3 minutes, shake the jar 4-5 times.
7. After 25 minutes, open the flask, insert the product body down into the neck of the product and close the flask with the lid again. Shake the flask periodically.
8. After 20 minutes, open the flask, turn it upside down, drain part of the water until clear water is ready for use.
It should be noted that one tablet of Aquabriz-10 at the usual estimated rate of 4 mg. active chlorine per liter of water, capable of disinfecting up to 2.5 liters of water, and five tablets of activated carbon 0.25 g each can filter 1.25 liters of water (based on 1 g per 1 liter). Given that this individual filter is designed to purify only 1 liter of water, it is clear that the manufacturer specifically laid a safety margin in it. Initially relying on heavily contaminated water.