A pistol case is designed to hold or prevent unwanted movement of the pistols while a person, especially a law enforcement officer, is moving. In general situations, a holster is placed on the part of the body from which a gun can be removed easily and quickly.
On top of that, it provides protection to that gun. However, an ankle cover provides an exclusive opportunity to conceal a secondary weapon to provide a backup of the main weapon of law enforcement officials. For that reason, law enforcement officers like this product. Another name is Boot Holster.
You may be familiar with the ankle cover of the movies; the good boy finishes his bullets and when he is about to be shot by the bad boy, he suddenly tries to bend and pull the firearm hidden under his pants. He shoots the bad guy and wins.
Researchers have suggested that, it is a relatively new development of the sheath. Law enforcement officers often have to participate in dangerous missions. The ankle cover will help you have an additional weapon, which is the difference between life and death.
Factors to consider when buying an ankle sleeve
Choosing a suitable cover is very important. Since a person usually carries a defensive weapon, he needs to remove that weapon very quickly to protect him and the lives of other people. If the cover is not suitable or comfortable for him, there will be a significant risk of physical damage. While a person is buying an ankle sleeve, he has to follow the following factors:
Safety: It is the crucial factor to buy a case. If a sleeve is well designed, then it will provide excellent protection to the weapon while the user of that weapon can insert and remove it easily. There are several other issues that should be considered, which are:
- if the cover can prevent any accidental movement of the trigger,
- if the sleeve can avoid any sudden disconnection of the safety mechanism, and
- If the case can stop two types of hammer movement: forward and backward.
These three characteristics are very common and the security features of a cover should include them. When a person is buying an ankle cover, you should check if these functions are available.
Retention: It is another important factor, which should be remembered when buying an ankle cover. This factor means that, the ankle sleeve must be able to prevent anyone other than the person carrying the firearm from removing that weapon. In recent times, modern ankle covers are designed with various hidden retention techniques.
Consequently, it helps the user to protect it from an unwanted deletion by another person. In addition to that, the case retains the weapon correctly, which indirectly saves the user from the weapon. Modern technology has improved the design of covers. Now, producers of ankle covers produce specific designs for specific weapons.
Concealment: One of the main reasons for using ankle covers is concealment. Obviously, the law enforcement officer would not prefer to alert any other person, including a person with the intent to harm, to carrying a secondary firearm. The ankle sleeve is produced generically in small size; therefore, it can easily be hidden under the garment and attached with the boot.
Comfort: When shopping for an ankle cover, try to check if it is comfortable. This is because you may have to use this all day. In addition to that, you must decide if you will use it inside the leg or outside of it.
Finish: The cover must be well designed; it must not create difficulties for the firearm and roughly finish it.
Easy drawing: The ankle cover should allow the weapon to be removed easily and quickly. However, as in most cases, the ankle cover is designed to hide it and use it for concealment, for that reason, this purpose may be compromised to some extent.
Durable: The ankle sleeve must be durable. You can oppose the abuse and you must have the ability to use it in the long term. During this time, you should be able to avoid any mechanical disturbance and decreased performance.
Adjustability: The ankle sleeve must fit correctly with the ankle. It must also provide an adjustment to the firearm. It will not hinder your comfort and will help to hide easily.
Price: Modern cases usually cost between $ 20 and $ 200. You can choose your own ankle sleeve style within this price range.
While you can consider them all, the most important factors are safety, comfort and durability. In addition to that, you can have your personal options. Consider them. You can discuss more about this with a professional person.
Why should you use an ankle sleeve?
The ankle cover is one of the common types of covers sold in the market. Before buying it, you can consider the following positive and negative aspects of the use of the ankle sleeve.
Considerably, these are the positive sides of an ankle sleeve.
- You can carry an extra weapon in your ankle.
- Using an additional weapon on your waist can make your belt heavier. If you use the firearm with your ankle, you will carry a firearm without any additional problem.
- You can hide a gun or revolver with your ankle. It will be very wise to keep an extra weapon when you are on a mission.
- If you are driving or need to sit down as part of your job, it will be very easy to get your gun out of your ankle.
However, there are some crucial disadvantages of wearing an ankle sleeve. The negative sides of the ankle covers are the following:
- You can only carry a small-sized firearm. A small-sized firearm has a small range and can carry few bullets.
- It can be an extra weight on your ankle.
- Although it can be hidden, the undeniable fact that it is not noticed. For that reason, there is a possibility that your opponent will notice and will not achieve the purpose of hiding the weapon.
- In addition to the above disadvantage, the style of walking can reveal the use of the ankle sleeve with the ankle. To be sure, you should practice walking with an ankle sleeve.
- You need to wear it on the ankle, that means it will be close to the ground. As a result, there is a great possibility that the case is covered with dust and dirt. It will be dangerous if the gun is clogged with dust and dirt.
- The crucial issue is that, it is necessary to kneel and bend down to reach the weapon. It can be dangerous if you face an adverse situation. He may fail to reach his firearm; bending to reach your arms when leaning in front of your opponent may not be a good idea.
- Another challenge is that you will have to choose a particular type of footwear and pants. You need a wider pair of trousers and the shoes should be longer than normally used.
After considering the pros and cons mentioned above on the ankle cover, you must decide whether you want to buy it or not. Now, if you are worried or you are not sure of the method of using an ankle sleeve, you can follow the advice of the professionals.
Here you try to get some advice from a professional weapon user on “How to get a gun out of the ankle sleeve”.
How to remove the firearm from the ankle sleeve: tips from professionals
Removing the firearm from the ankle sleeve is different. You have to practice it a lot to master it. In an adverse situation, this technique can make the difference between a person’s life and death. The professionals generally offer two ways to remove the firearm from the ankle sleeve. These are:
- Kneel down: You can keep the firearm in or out of your ankle. To reach your gun or pistol, you must kneel at the beginning and turn it off to shoot. You can put the firearm on your leg harder or in the right place for your strong arm; that means that if you are right-handed, you can put it on the right side of the right leg. If you use it on the material of your pants, you can reach it easily.
However, if it is hidden under the material of the pants, you must remove it (lift it) and then reveal the cover for access. Remember, you have to be very quick to do this. For that reason, there is no exception from regular practice.
- Ayoob Method: It is also known as a step method. When you are in a standing position, cheat your opponent by showing that you are dating. When you leave, keep your eyes on your opponent. At the same time, the material of your trousers will rise and you will have the opportunity to take out the weapon quickly. Duck a bit for that and pull out the gun. Finally, shoot your opponent from the standing position.
Finally, it should be noted that, there is no exception of practice. You have to practice more and more and gain agility. Otherwise, it will not be prudent for you to use a firearm attached to your ankle.
There are many ankle covers available in specialized stores or online. After conducting an investigation, we find the four best ankle covers that can be the best friend for your firearm in the ankle. Read the description carefully; If you consider that they suit you, you can buy them without hesitation. Below we analyze four best valued ankle covers:
DeSantis S and W Shield cozy companion cover
It is useful for the right person. It is made of excellent leather and designed with absolute talent. It has several colors and you can choose your own favorite color. However, it is suggested that, you must choose a color, which will be useful for camouflage. In addition to these, you can buy your smaller components online. Its price range is from $ 50 to $ 80.
If you like this product, you can find and check its price on Amazon.
Galco ankle glove / ankle sleeve
Users of this case always value design, weight, comfort and durability. Its design is very suitable for adjustment with the ankle. It is very light, which will allow you to move very easily and without problems. In addition, sheepskin is added to hold the sheath with the ankle more easily. Makes the case more comfortable.
Many users suggest with confidence that, “if you are using this case, you can use it for 1 week, 6 months, even for a month. He will not even understand that he is using it unless he needs to use it. ” It is also durable. The price of this excellent product is $ 80 to $ 100.
If you like this product, you can find it and buy it on Amazon.
Blackhawk ankle cover
Although it is comparatively cheaper, it is one of the most popular ankle covers. It is made of knitted fabric very comfortable and soft. The unique feature of this product is that, to prevent moisture and provide comfort with the pad, a closed cell shape is available.
As a result, if you discover that you are sweating a lot, you can at least feel relief at the thought that your weapon is not being affected by that. An additional retaining strap that does not stretch is added for further assistance. As already mentioned, its price is cheap. The price range of this ankle sleeve is $ 20 to $ 50.
If you like this product, you can find it and buy it on Amazon.
J-lever without frame OWB Crossdraw Thumb Break 1-7 / 8 -2and # 8243; Barrel cover
It is an incredible case. On his waist, there is a shield of the body. In addition to that, next to the thumb break, there is a 1.5 “belt slot. If you are a right-handed person, then you can choose and buy. However, if you are a left-handed person, then do not worry. You must place the order and the company will send you the product. Its price is reasonable too. You can buy it for $ 55.
If you like this product you can find and check its price here.
Now you know the main features of some of the best ankle sleeves and budget.
To conclude, a gun on your ankle can be your great friend and a savior of life. A perfect ankle cover is for that reason that can be the best support for this firearm. If you consider that, you want to have a gun on your ankle, then visit a store after reading this article and trust it.
Finally, there is no exception to the practice. Practice intensively and gain excellence. Also, try to discuss the issue with professionals. You can know tips that are more practical. Sometimes real-life stories can inspire you to choose the right path.
WEAPONS AND ARMS