Standardization SIB (Individual means of body armor), or PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) aims to achieve a unified security order. For this purpose, it has been developed for universal multiple use.
The objectives of the standardization of the NIB:
- Achievement of ordering.
- Creation of systems for the classification of armor.
- Ensuring the quality of products.
- The development of specialization.
Hence the standardization tasks:
- Establishment of comprehensive comprehensive programs. The programs must determine the quality of raw materials.
- It has been established for testing and testing.
In the nutshell – it is the standardization of the NIBs and its further safe use.
A bit of history
For the first time technical requirements for the PPE. Because then they are still acted only within the walls of this department.
The NIB is in the middle of the NIB. This is a combination of circumstances. However, it’s not possible.
It was a time of release. Soon, GOST R 50744-95, was put on public display. Then, together with GOST, a system was created. This is a certificate of conformity that has been issued. Today, several companies are involved in issuing certificates.
Different countries have their own standards of personal protection equipment. Consider the main types of standards:
- GOST R 50744-95 (Russia)
- NIJ (USA)
- DIN (Germany),
- CEN (European Standard)
Classification of body armor and overall
Individual armor in various countries are classified according to the protective properties of armor.
Classes of body armor in the USA (NIJ 0101.03)
- Type I (22 LR; 380 ACP). This armor protects a 22-caliber long-barreled rifle. Doesn’t exceed 2.6 g; the impact velocity should not be more than 320 m / s. In addition to the 22 caliber type I holds 380 ACP (FMJ RN), which shoots bullets in a metal shell. The mass of bullets should not exceed 6.2 g, and the speed of 312 m / s.
- Type II A (9mm, 40 S&W). This armor protects a person from a 9 mm blunt-bullet, which incorporates a metal sheath. The mass of the bullet is 8.0 g m / s. Armor provides protection against 40 S in addition to 9mm&W caliber with a bullet in a solid metal shell. The speed of impact is 312 m / s. This is a type of armor.
- Type II (9mm 357 Magnum). This armor provides protection against a 9 mm blunt-pointed bullet that incorporates a metal sheath. Bullet weight is 8.0 g. The difference with the second class. Here, its parameter is 358 m / s. In addition, the body armor saves when firing from 357 Magnums, where the bullet is in a soft shell. The mass of the bullet is 10.2 g, and the impact velocity will be 427 m / s. Protects against the first and second points.
- Type IIIA (high speed 9 mm, 44 Magnum). This armor provides protection against a 9 mm blunt-pointed bullet that incorporates a metal sheath. The mass of the bullet is 8.0 g. There are no limits on the impact of the bullet. Here its parameter is 427 m / s. In addition, body armor saves when firing from 44 Magnums with a bullet mass of 15.6 g and a speed of 427 m / s. Protects against the first and second points.
- Type III (rifle). Special protection class 7.62 mm blunt bullet with a metal shell (M80). The mass of the bullet is 9.6 m / s. This class is fully complies with the paragraphs.
- Type IV (armor-piercing rifle). And the last type of armor. This armor provides protection against 30 caliber armor-piercing bullets (M2 AR). The mass of such bullets is 10.8g m / s. It is provided in the preceding paragraphs.
Armored clothes and body armor in Russia (GOST)
In the domestic standard, there is a division of armor clothing into classes. Consider the classes of Russian GOST:
- Body armor first class The car will not exceed 1.5-2.5 kg for sports, sports, sports, sports, sports, sports cars.
- Body armor second class It provides protection against pistol and revolver bullets for the PSM, PM, “Nagan”. He also has a shotgun on the field. The maximum weight of such armor should not exceed 3-5 kg. Body armor made of 7-10 layers of fabric. They can be disguised as clothing or even made of fur clothing such as a jacket or raincoat.
- Body armor third grade elements and softening linings. The design of the body armor consists of 20-25 layers of fabric. Extensive curved plates can be used as rigid armor elements. It is a steel piston and a revolver bullets like “Magnum”. Third-class bulletproof vests prevent the slaughter of bullets from smooth-bore hunting rifles. The maximum armor weight is 6-9 kg. Usually worn on the uniform.
- Body armor fourth grade third-class body armor, but with some differences. The abdomen from medium-caliber bullets. The bulletproof vest protects against bullets of 5.45 and 7.62 mm, incorporating a soft core. The maximum weight of body armor should not exceed 10 kg. The considered type of armor is usually used in security forces.
- Armor fifth grade designed to repel non-armor-piercing bullets of 5.45 and 7.62 mm. 5m, armor piercing – 10m, protects against pistol shots at close range. The weight of body armor can vary from 11 to 20 kg.
- Sixth grade SVD sniper rifle. The 7.62mm and 57-BZ-231 cartridges with a BZ bullet can’t penetrate a bulletproof vest. The 7.63mm cartridge and the 7.63mm cartridge with the B-32 bullet. Bullet speed 800-835 m / s.
- The last class, related to Russian GOST, is special class, energy of 45-50 j.
In other countries, there is a similar division of standards into classes. Depending on the effect of the bullet, DIN (Germany) distinguish the following classes:
Protection classes CEN (European Standard):
- BR 1
- BR 2
- BR 3
- BR 4
- BR 5
- BR 6
- BR 7
- SG 1
- SG 2
Compliance of classes of various standards
There are some degrees of approximation. For example, the American 4th grade 6A. Thus, depending on the body of energy, it has been created.
|GOST (Russia)||NIJ (USA)||DIN (Germany)||CEN (Europe)|
|2||II – IIIA||I||BR2, BR3|
What is the NIB protection in Russia?
It can be seen from these standards. Russian standards are fully compliant with modern safety requirements. Moreover, the Russian GOST R 50744-95 is the most stringent standard clothing. For example, it should not exceed 10 millimeters, it should not be exceeded.
Large number of small arms. It is important not only to overload him. For example, if you’re in a public institution, it’s not a problem. I would like to be punished for weapons weapons, Makarov pistol and a TT. It is unlikely that he would need protection from armor-piercing sniper bullets. It’s not a problem.
Secondly, a person must be maintained. Makes it heavily; it becomes much less mobile. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of the situation. The choice of the necessary protection. At the moment, the standards of the NIB standards continue, therefore, they will be more classes.
Read about the materials from which the armor is made. here.