The price tag for good snowshoes is at least 7,000 rubles. Much less cost is required for the manufacture of snowshoes with their own hands at home. Moreover, everything you need can often be found in everyday life.
- Snowshoes: characteristics and production options
- 2 How to make snowshoes with your own hands?
- 2.1Production of snowshoes with your own hands from polypropylene pipes
- 2.2We do snow shoes yourself with a wooden frame
- 2.3 How to make your own snowshoes from plywood?
- 3 How to wear snowshoes?
- 4Shoe shoe walking
Snowshoes: characteristics and production options
A device for moving in the snow artificially increases the size of the human foot. When walking in it, the covered surface area of the snowdrifts becomes larger, the person does not fall into the snow. Weight pressure is distributed throughout the structure, rather than being concentrated at one point.
Making, snowshoes do it yourself to take into account the climate and the relief of their future use. The terrain dictates the shape and material from which the model will be made.
For walks on the plain and the forest, it is better to make a frame, which spring when walking, it is easy to move around in them, you can run and jump. It is more convenient for climbers, snowboarders and skiers to climb the mountains on solid types with an emphasis on the heel and additional teeth.
The main models of snowshoes are distinguished by the following types:
- With a tight base without holes. Made of plywood, wooden block or plastic. They are used in the movement of ice and mountains.
- With all or part of the base of the grid with a frame made of wood or bone.
Shoe mount is selected based on its type. Clamps are made under the shoes with welt or under any kind of shoes.
How to make snowshoes with your own hands?
For the manufacture of the product, walkers on a snowy crust use, as a rule, flexible wood, polypropylene pipes and plywood. The net is woven from a kapron rope, cord or rawhide belts. The listed materials are convenient in work, are available in the price.
Making snowshoes with your own hands from polypropylene pipes
- two half meter polypropylene (or PVC) pipes with a diameter of 30 mm;
- Repshnur kapron 4-6 mm thick;
- leg fixing bands – 2 pcs;
- open fire (gas stove)
- Each tube is cut off 20 cm and put the pieces to the side, they will be needed later.
- The rest of the pipe, about 130 cm long, is heated in the middle over an open fire. At home, use a gas oven. Bend in the center so that the ends of the tube are connected.
- Place in cold water, cool.
- At a distance of 10 cm from the edges, the tube is bent by 120 degrees. This is the future junction.
- Handle the tube over the entire area with sandpaper. Remove the sliding cover, make it rough for a strong fit repshnura.
- The ends are tightly connected as shown in the photo with a cord (rope).
- 20 cm pieces are put in the middle and an elastic band is attached to them to hold the legs.
Handmade plywood snowshoes are ready. This is the easiest, low-cost, fast version of making snowshoes at home.
How to wear snowshoes?
The device should be worn in the following way: the heel is placed on the snowshoe in the area of the fulcrum and the fastener is fastened alternately (fastened). The ligament is checked along the whole leg; On shoes it is better to wear snow covers.
If the fixation is carried out correctly, the snowshoes will not arbitrarily loosen, will not be felt through the shoe, will be squeezed, the foot will sit tight, will not slide back and forth, and dangle to the sides. Too tight fixation, the feeling of squeezing the legs, will aggravate discomfort when walking.
Unlike skis, the skiing of which requires certain skills, everyone can wear snowshoes and after 3 hours of training they can move confidently.
Getting used to the adaptation, at first they take wide steps increasing the load on the hips.
- Walk at the usual pace. The foot is placed on the heel and then the center of gravity is transferred to the entire foot.
- If you need to clear the fresh loose snow, making every step, the toe of snowshoes is raised above the level of snow. Above the leg does not bring, it leads to rapid fatigue.
- When walking, use sticks. They maintain the balance of the body, help to maintain balance, increase stability, involve the upper part of the body in movement. Especially need emphasis on deep snow. The length of the stick should be comfortable for moving.
- Stepping up the hill, toe into the snow. This secures the snowshoe, makes it a lever for lifting.
- Going down, walk narrowly. If you lose your balance, you should not run from the mountain to sit down and orient yourself.
- Moving along the slope at each step they drive in the snow, the side part of the device. Balance is kept trying to move up the slope. Movement with sticks simplifies this process.
- If on the way there are knurled tracks move along them, from the side, without breaking the knurled track. These are the good tone rules in this case.
- A team of several people moving systems. The one ahead sets the pace, tramples the snow. By agreement, the first member of the column is periodically changed, since the load on the front traveling is higher than the rest.