The first chapter of the book “Dangerous and harmful factors” of Alexander Buriak “The Art of Survival”. We offer to familiarize with other chapters of this section:
- Safety at work
- Security when working with a personal computer
Not every current kills, but every current can kill.
The effect of electric current on the body
Electric shock may occur in the following forms:
- Current through the body;
- Mechanical injury due to contraction of the action of current;
- Blinding electric arc.
Under current reduced body muscles. It is not necessary to use it. Moreover, it will probably attract to a dangerous place. Under the influence alternating current the frequency of the current. System of electric current. Damage leads to impaired breathing and cardiac activity. Death usually occurs as a result of cardiac arrest, or cessation of breathing, or both. Alternating and direct current. 90% of the lesions are due to electricity, and only 10% are caused by the victims. Qualified workers receive electrical injuries much less often unqualified. It is not so much in the qualification, but it is not a problem.
Power electric damage is determined by the current The higher the current. The electrical resistance is greater than the metallic conductors and electrolytes. It depends on many factors. The following circumstances contribute to a decrease in body resistance:
- High voltage;
- Moisture of the skin (sweating palms, etc.);
- Long exposure time;
- The person becomes more vulnerable;
- Increased carbon dioxide content in the air;
- High air temperature;
- It is a special caring that can help you resist the body.
Electric burns are much more difficult to recover than conventional thermal ones. Can be in a few hours, days, months. For a long time and be monitored.
Dangerous voltages, currents, frequencies
Voltage Voltage 65, 36, 12 Volts. There are cases of less than 4 volts. There can be only one conclusion: there is no safe voltage. Here, there is no safe current strength. Less than 100 milliamperes is a dangerous delusion. According to some information, it is the most harmful for the human body. Consequently, the 400 Hz is for the security reasons.
Causes of defeat
The following causes of electric shock are possible:
- Accidental contact with live parts (due to ignorance, haste, distraction, etc.).
- Isolation failure. The reasons may be the following:
- Manufacturing defects;
- Dust pollution;
- Mechanical damage (for example, a tool);
- Mechanical wear (for example, bending);
- Intentional damage.
- Lack of grounding. There is a possibility that there is a flow of energy.
- Short circuit due to accident. For example, it can be used as an example.
- Inconsistency of action. Sometimes it happens.
- High voltage alternating current lines can be used for high voltage alternating current lines. It can even occur on the car body.
- Residual stress. If you’re trying to make it, then you’ll be on the line. Discharging the line once conductor may not be enough. Hazardous residual voltage can also be stored in a radio equipment.
- This is what happens when it comes to the action of friction. It may form, for example, on a car driving on a dry road.
- Step voltage. Where there is a cable or foot, it can be used to make it.
Hazardous factors in the street
It is not used when using an electric razor. It is usually thrown on the floor, which is also filled with water. Electric heaters are also a significant threat. Electrical devices are more dangerous than devices in a plastic case. At home, lethal electric shocks and other radiators can be contacted with the appliance (a electrical stove, refrigerator, refrigerator, etc.). (In the case of heat-insulating sheath.) in the heating element. In this case, it can result in an electric shock.
The main danger is ragged power line wires. Breakage may occur due to the support line.
Make sure that you’re going to turn it on. Also, check if an error has been made. If you are using electrical tape devices, you must be able to connect different types of electrical tape. Do not handle the plug with a wet hand.
If you need to use your phone, it will not be necessary. It is a water cannabis that has been turned down. In this case, you can get an electric shock, for example, if you touch it.
There is a “breakdown” for various electrical devices. Do not know where to go through the electrical wiring passes. Make sure that it doesn’t sparkle, do not heat up, do not crackle. The loose connection.
* * *
It can be energized when it’s working.
- If possible, it is not possible to turn off the voltage and make sure that it is not available.
- Do not apply again – accidentally, by mistake, out of harm, etc.
- It is safe to deviate, jump, fall; have someone close to help.
- Place on a dry insulated surface. Avoid contact with grounded objects. Use only insulated tools. If you’re wearing insulating gloves, it’s possible to wear them out.
- Do not touch simultaneously, especially with different hands.
It is a flash and a splash of molten metal. on the skin or eyes. For example, it’s not a bad idea. In the case of emergency, you can take up the parts that are not too high (up to 380 Volts). It is necessary to make it easy. It is usually located on the line. If you’re not in the first place, you’ll not be able to find out what to do.
* * *
It has no effect on the body. Do not approach the voltage step. If you’re still on the road, you’ll see it. Since there has been a need for energy, due to the insulation breakdown. It is better to jump in a trolley bus, rather than enter (and jump out, respectively, rather than an exit): Trains and trams are not dangerous in this regard, because they are always grounded.
He says: “ It is possible that it will occur during a period of intense attention. It is not a subject to shock. ”
The material is compiled mainly from the book by V.V. Manoylov “Basics of Electrical Safety”
Alexander Buryak, editors – LastDay.Club
from the book “The Art of Survival”
The art of survival. Chapter 4.1: Electrical Safety