When you fall under the ice, you are diminishing by the second. The following tips will help you to significantly improve.
What kind of ice will take you:
- A single pedestrian is 5 centimeter thick ice;
- A person with a load – 7 cm;
- A group of people – 15 cm.
The data are typical for durable winter ice. In the spring safe ice thickness should be increased by half.
Safety (how not to fail and how to prepare for trouble).
- To avoid potentially dangerous places:
Signs and locations of unreliable ice:
- Dark and / or spongy ice.
- Ice breaking with a stick.
- Masked by the snow.
- On the course.
- At the drains of factories or other enterprises.
- Where beat the keys or run into streams.
- At the coast.
- Places of water on ice.
- Air bubbles and cracks are dangerous.
- Creaking sound is a very dangerous sign! Crack radial cracks are not good, although not so dangerous.
- Have easily accessible 2 knives (sewed, in extreme cases, very large nails). Ice edge It is not a problem.
- In the fishing specifics – when entering the ice as much as possible unload the backpack and maximum load sled. Lengthen the harness for sleds. All things critical for salvation are sleds. Warm clothing. If you’re in danger of ice, you can’t make it harder. You can get rid of the backpack when you fall through …
- Backpack on dangerous places wear without loin.
- clothing – minimally chilling movement and minimally wicking. In the puff is better not to go.
- Think about shoe covers. There are two questions. First, they can draw water. Crawling out. Although when walking in skiing is hardly very important.
- Owners ski tour – to think about it. It’s easier to get out of skiing than a dangling one.
- Distance between reaching – 10-15 meters. You can quickly get (tied to the sled, snuffed). Loops for salvation
- Do not check the strength of ice kick or jump on the spot!
- Perhaps in the most dangerous places tie the first rope.
How to act when failing:
- Get rid of the backpack.
- If you’re not happy, you can’t get it. Do not get up on your feet until you find yourself at a safe distance (minimum 10 meters). When you get up, first get on all fours, then on your feet.
- If you haven’t been for a long time, you’ll have to do it. The choke.
- If you are still a little girl, you can try to get your feet on. In this maneuver, you will not have a lot of time while you wear clothes.
- If you’re trying to get a little bit of it? Buttocks roll away, trying to roll away from the edge.
- It is where the polynya is carried out. The water can not be overcome. where the current comes from. It doesn’t sink under the ice.
- In this case, “lie down on the water”. It is transferred smoothly. In addition, it will help you to get out with the help of comrades.
- It can be clinging to the ice (see paragraph 2 of the safety technique). It is unlikely to work. Try to get out, relying on them.
- Need to get the belly forward. It is clear that there is a chance that it will break out. try to get out of the water. Here your feet. Away away
- If you’re trying to get out of power. If there were any attempts to follow. In person, it is able to last for more than 30 minutes. It is better to hold it. Elbows on the ice and your elbows. Warm fingers as much as possible. In this case, it is not necessary to plunge deeply into the water.
- He falls under the ice. Be prepared to pull him out. Do not meet in a large group.
- Distance of about 10m from the polynya (no closer). It is not necessary to make it. Then throw the knotted loop failed.
- The remaining participants must be at a safe distance (about 15 meters) and be ready to help pull up.
- It is not a problem. He is unlikely to succeed in putting on a loop. Fingers from shock and exposure to water. It will be necessary. If he can help with this, so much the better.
- The one who pulls out. It is especially important to maintain your feet. In this case, to pull out enough effort in the 10-15 kilograms of pulling. Once again, it’s not.
- Crawl away from a dangerous place.
Then begins the process of treatment for hypothermia. Read about it here.
Fell through the ice