Hot porridge is a tasty traditional dish that is cooked in nature. For its preparation using fairly simple ingredients. There are several recipes for porridge on the fire. Each has its own cooking characteristics and is distinguished by its unique special taste.
- Classic recipe
- 2Soldian porridge
- 3 Field buckwheat porridge
- 4 Cossack Kulish Recipe
- 5Pield barley porridge
- 6Pine porridge on the fire
- 7Features and secrets of field porridge
Many fans of field porridges use a simple classic recipe for its preparation. The dish turns fragrant and nutritious.
There are a lot of products for such porridge:
- one and a half glasses of millet;
- two large onions;
- half a kilo of potatoes;
- one liter of water;
- 200 grams of pork fat;
- Bay leaf;
- one Bulgarian pepper;
As a seasoning, you can use hops-suneli and red pepper to taste.
The process of cooking classic field porridge consists of several stages:
- To make a fire and equip above it a place for a pot. Often the container is suspended on a tripod.
- Pre-soak the cereal in water. This will allow millet to cook simultaneously with potatoes.
- Put sliced lard on the hot bottom of the pot. It should be melted before the formation of cracklings.
- Diced onion and paprika is added to the fat. All foods are lightly fried and sprinkled with spices.
- After that, water and millet are poured into the pot. The liquid must completely cover all products in the container.
- All products in the tank are constantly stirred until the water boils.
- Pre-peeled and diced potatoes are added to the boiling mass. If the water has boiled strongly and does not cover the products in the pot, then you should not add it to the previous level.
- Capacity is covered with a lid and cooked until all products are ready. In this case, the porridge should be mixed regularly, so as not to burn.
You should put a bay leaf in the finished dish and leave it under a closed lid to infuse for a few minutes. Porridge on the fire, cooked according to the classic recipe has a special unique taste.
Such a dish is cooked on a fire, so that the dish is soaked with smoke.
For soldier porridge need such products:
- three medium sized bulbs;
- two glasses of millet;
- five fresh chicken eggs;
- 150 grams of wine fat;
- half a kilo of potatoes;
Cooking such porridge on the fire is quite simple:
- In the pot separately fried finely chopped bacon and onions. Finished products are removed and set aside to cool completely.
- Water is poured into the tank, to which salt is added.
- When the liquid boils, you can make sliced potatoes and millet. They should be cooked, stirring until cooked.
- In a separate bowl, toasted onion and lard mixed with raw eggs. After that, this mixture is added to the finished porridge and left for five minutes above the fire.
In order to soak the soldier’s porridge with smoke, the smoldering head is lowered into the container with the prepared dish for one minute.
Field buckwheat porridge
Buckwheat is quite nutritious and healthy product. Field porridge made from this cereal is nutritious and has a unique taste.
Prepare a dish of such ingredients:
- 250 grams of buckwheat;
- one big carrot;
- jar of stew;
- large bulb;
- Bay leaf.
The process of cooking field porridge from buckwheat has its own characteristics:
- Peel carrots and cut into not too thick straws, and onions into cubes.
- Open a jar of stews and remove the top layer of fat, which is laid on the bottom of a pot heated on a fire.
- On well melted from the stewed meat, the fat is fried until tender, onions and carrots.
- The stew is added on top and roasted until the moisture evaporates.
- Buckwheat is poured into the pot and filled with water, which is pre-boiled in a separate container.
- Salt is added and all products are well mixed.
- Porridge is cooked on the fire until the cereal is fully cooked.
At the very end of the dish is filled with finely chopped greens. Often for this purpose use parsley or dill.
Recipe for Cossack Kulish
The traditional Cossack kulesh of millet is being prepared. The dish is nourishing and fragrant.
To prepare it requires the following products:
- jar of stew;
- 200 grams of millet;
- ten small-sized potatoes;
- 150 grams of fat;
- five small bulbs;
Cossack kulesh is preparing quite quickly:
- Water is poured into a pot placed above the fire. Then add the finely chopped onion and peeled whole potatoes.
- Millet is thoroughly washed and put into a boiling mass. The field of this kulesh is salted and boiled until the potatoes are completely cooked.
- The onion and the three cooked whole potatoes should be removed from the pot and carefully kneaded. Then such mashed potatoes are sent back to the pot.
Greens and spices are added to taste. Be sure to at the end should make a bay leaf.
Such a dish is often prepared in field conditions. It is quite nutritious and fills the body with energy.
In order to cook barley porridge on the fire it is necessary to prepare the following ingredients:
- 800 grams of pearl barley;
- two onions;
- two large carrots;
- three liters of water;
- two cans of stew;
- 100 grams of butter;
- three cloves of garlic.
To make porridge it is necessary:
- Wash the croup well and put it in a hot cauldron. Barley is roasted for several minutes until golden brown, removed and laid out on a separate dish. Such preparation of cereals contributes to the rapid preparation of dishes. After
- Also separately in the cauldron prepares carrots, onions and stew. Vegetables are finely chopped and well fried. After that garlic and stew is added. All foods are browned on fire.
- In an empty pot you need to pour the cereal and pour it with water. The container is covered with a lid, and the mass is brought to a boil.
- Pre-fried meat and vegetables are added to boiling water. All ingredients need to be mixed, and leave to simmer on the fire until the porridge is fully cooked. The water should be completely evaporated.
In the finished barley porridge make spices, oil and herbs.
Rice porridge on the fire
Field porridge made from rice cereal with meat is no less tasty and healthy.
The recipe is quite simple and requires the preparation of such products:
- 2.5 liters of hot water;
- 800 grams of round rice;
- one kilogram of pork or beef;
- three carrots;
- one tablespoon of vegetable oil;
- a couple of bay leaves;
- ground black pepper.
Preparing rice porridge on the fire in the following sequence:
- Wash the meat and cut into small pieces.
- Cut carrots into thin strips and onions into rings.
- Wash rice thoroughly;
- At the bottom of a well-heated cauldron, pour in sunflower oil and fry onion circles on it. Put meat on top. All products in a container pour boiling water, pre pepper and salt.
- After the liquid boils cover the pot with a lid and cook for one and a half hours on low heat. Water should be added as it evaporates.
- After the set time has expired, prepared carrots and bay leaves are placed in the container. The dish is cooked on the fire for another half an hour.
- Rice is added to the finished broth. In this case, the water in the tank should cover the grits for five centimeters. Cooked porridge until cooked on low heat for forty minutes. During the whole cooking process, the ingredients should be mixed periodically.
Properly cooked rice porridge on the fire should not be thick. The liquid in the pot should cover the welded grits for one centimeter. The container is closed with a lid and left for a couple of hours. For complete evaporation of porridge should bowler wrap in thick cloth.
Features cooking and secrets of field porridge
In nature, often cooked meals on the fire of cereals. Field porridge is not only a tasty and fragrant dish, it is quite nutritious and gives strength in the campaign.
In order to quickly cook and properly cook porridge should follow a few secrets of its preparation:
- Before cooking the cereal you need to soak it in boiling water. It is best to use a thermos for this. It is possible to procure millet at home before going. Under the influence of hot liquid, the croup will evaporate, and the preparation of porridge will take quite a bit of time.
- Boil the porridge in sufficient water. For a glass of cereal you need at least three glasses of liquid. For soaked millet should use a little less water.
- It is necessary to boil porridge until the cereal is fully cooked. After that, the container is covered with a lid for a few minutes to infuse the dish.
- Krupa is brought only in boiled hot water. Boil the porridge should be with constant stirring. If you use pre-steamed grits in boiling water, then it is not necessary to interfere with it.
- Salt is added immediately after boiling water. Try porridge should be a few minutes before it is ready.
- It is necessary to have a container for porridge in the middle of the fire. This placement of the pot allows you to evenly prepare all products. Grilling is prepared on a not too large fire.
- Ready-made field porridge should not be a little watery. Spices and herbs are added to the dish as desired. The most commonly used are dill, garlic, red and black pepper.
Field porridge on the fire has a special aroma and unique taste. This nutritious dish can feed a sufficiently large number of people in the campaign. The main thing to pre-stock all the necessary ingredients and follow all the basic rules of cooking.