Any person, in which the call of ancestors is still alive, still does not think of himself without modern equipment, so binoculars for hunting can be called his chief assistant, not counting weapons. If a hunter with experience does not have any difficulties with choosing an optical device, then a beginner, who is not very familiar with all the nuances, will find it difficult to figure this out on his own. What characteristics need to pay close attention?
- Criterias of choice
- 1.1 Multiplicity Indicators: Dependence on Terrain and Potential Production
- 1.2Diameter lenses lenses: the second important criterion
- 1.3 Indicators of the field of view: linear and angular
- 1.4What qualities still need to be considered?
- 2 Operational requirements for hunting “weapons”
- 3 Optimum performance for hunting binoculars
- 4Rating Binoculars for Hunting
- 4.1Carl Zeiss Victory 8 * 56 T * RF
- 4.2Leica Ultravid 10 * 42 HD
- 4.3Nikon Aculon A211 10? 42
- 4.4BRESSER HUNTER 8-24X50
- 4.5LEVENHUK Sherman 10×50
- 4.6Pentax 7? 50 Marine Blue
- 4.7Bushnell Falcon Vari Zoom 10-30×50
- 4.8Veber BPC ZOOM 10-30? 60
- 4.9Bushnell H2O 8×42 Roof
- 4.10Olympus 8–40 Zoom DPS
- 5 Care, storage and transportation
Criterias of choice
What technical requirements must meet binoculars, obliged not only to guarantee a successful hunt, but also to warn in case of danger? Unfortunately, there are no universal devices that would suit any “bloodthirsty” person – the idea of the best binoculars for hunting is different for everyone. But there are those criteria that every optical device must have that takes part in such a responsible matter.
Multiplicity indicators: Dependence on location and potential prey
The multiplicity is the maximum increase. It may be different:
- less than 8;
- from 8 to 9;
- from 10 to 15;
- from 16 and up.
In the forest zone, the multiplicity of binoculars can be 7 or 8. This indicator will make it easy to look at large foliage in the foliage, and you can easily see the “heavyweights” – the boar or the bear. Greater value can make this search more difficult.
The open spaces of the steppe and forest-steppe require a different approach, since in the first place there will be a good approximation. The best option here is a 10-fold increase. It is better not to consider a larger indicator, as long-term observation of the object will lead to the fact that fatigue does not allow to concentrate – hands will begin to tremble.
In the mountains, only “heavy artillery” is needed for an objective assessment of potential prey — binoculars with a multiplicity of 12 or more. However, most often the preference is given first, but their use implies the presence of a tripod.
The diameter of the lens lenses: the second important criterion
On the body of any binocular you can see the marking of two numbers. For example, 7×50. If the first number denotes the multiplicity of the device, then the second one is precisely this indicator, which speaks of the diameter of the lens. And the more it is, the better it can be seen when the illumination of the area nevertheless leaves much to be desired.
Optics with 7×50 parameters is considered to be night-time binoculars for hunting, because even in such conditions it provides fairly good visibility.
But there are large diameters of the lenses and the “reverse side of the coin” – the weight and dimensions are to blame for the fact that the cost of such devices increases significantly. Therefore, night-vision binoculars for hunting are not as popular as its daytime “colleague.”
Visual field of view: linear and angular
This characteristic is called the field of view, it denotes the width of the observation coverage, measures it either in meters (linear), or in degrees (angular) and is remarkable for its strong “bonds” with multiplicity, since the more with the same lens the first indicator, the smaller will be the second. Therefore, hunting binoculars is better to choose from devices that have the following parameters:
- 8×30 or 8×40;
- 7×35 or 7×40;
- 6×30 or 6×40.
Daily observation is good to keep the device with the first characteristics in this list. At dusk or at dawn, the second or third option will be appropriate.
What qualities still need to be considered?
If you need binoculars for hunting, how to choose from the whole variety of only one? There are several additional features that can seriously affect its usability. They are usually inherent in quality models.
- Individual focusing. It makes it possible to adjust each eyepiece, because not everyone has the same degree of myopia or farsightedness of both eyes.
- Anti-reflective coating. It can be both single-layered and multi-layered. These compounds reduce light reflection, because the image becomes clear and bright. If untreated lenses steal up to 40% of the light flux, then after treatment this value decreases to 2.5%. Multilayer coatings are preferable. They are multi-colored: the favorites here are the colors – purple and green.
- Types of prisms. For hunting binoculars, 2 types are used: porro-prisms and roof-prisms. If the first ones are small, then the second is a more realistic and volumetric image.
- Goniometric and distance measuring grids. An experienced person will probably not need such a feature, but for debutants binoculars with a range finder will be a bonus.
Specifications – only one side of the coin. Therefore, we must pay attention to other qualities that may be important for many.
Operational requirements for hunting “weapons”
Binoculars for hunting and fishing should have many advantages, which in a critical situation can seriously help out both seasoned and novice “Hypericum”.
Material for belts and covers must be soft, but durable. The first should be wide, so as not to create problems if you have to travel long distances. The covers protecting the eyepieces must be fixed to the housing.
- Tightness: at the head
When buying, you need to pay attention to the marking WP, which indicates that the product is equipped with seals that prevent the penetration of moisture inside. There is a category of hunting binoculars that are completely sealed. It provides dry nitrogen. These binoculars cost a lot, but the usefulness of their use can be questioned.
- Lightness and compactness: importance for large distances
If the forced marches are assumed to be large enough, then the hunting uniform should not be an obstacle to movement. Well, if the optical device will be articulated, which will reduce the pipe when it is not needed. Weight is a relative concept, it all depends on the characteristics of the hunt, and on the severity of the prey.
- Reliability: “charm” from blows
Impact resistance and durability depend on the quality of materials and features of the assembly of the structure. You can not buy binoculars with a plastic casing: models intended for hunting, are made of aluminum, which is covered with rubber. More expensive binoculars are made of magnesium alloys or carbon fiber.
Optimum performance for hunting binoculars
Which binoculars to choose for hunting? A wide range allows you to find the right model for everyone. A clue may be the following algorithm:
- first identify the most reliable models;
- then among them to identify those that correspond to the concept of an optimal instrument from a technical and optical point of view;
- from the remaining ones in the list, choose the most preferable one – both in terms of quality and cost.
Which binoculars are best for hunting? Here is the list of characteristics:
- The diameter of the lens – 50 mm.
- Moisture protection.
- The multiplicity is 10.
- Multi-layer clear coating – green or purple.
- Prism type – porro.
- The presence of a rangefinder or goniometer.
- Eyepiece caps fixed on the body.
There are universal binoculars for hunting and fishing: any model will be good if its main markings are 6×30, 7×35 or 8×40.
Rating of binoculars for hunting
Both Russian hunting binoculars and foreign products have found their place in this list. The rating took into account sales hits, reviews of serious publications and ratings of ordinary users.
Carl Zeiss Victory 8 * 56 T * RF
The perfect binoculars for extreme situations: a waterproof case that is filled with nitrogen, and optics with high sensitivity, providing excellent visibility, are not the only advantages, as there are:
- distance scale;
- built-in compass;
- navigation marking.
Extreme device has one drawback – not too attractive cost.
Bushnell Falcon Vari Zoom 10-30×50
It will be a good choice not only for hunters, but also for tourists. It has a good balance of price and quality, remarkable sharpness and luminosity, as well as small dimensions. Of the minuses should be noted the lack of moisture protection and distortion from the edge of the lenses.
Care, storage and transportation
Even ordinary glasses need care, and therefore it is necessary for a more sophisticated optical device. What is included in it? The lenses will have to be periodically cleaned, just as they do with the adjusting mechanisms. As a “tool” is used or a rag, which is moistened in soapy water, or a balloon with compressed air.
For safety with binoculars in the kit is a case that protects it from mechanical damage. Transportation must also be done carefully, drops or shakes are excluded. There are no other tricks to use the devices.