A small fish, roach, is one of the main inhabitants of most rivers. At the same time, this type of fish is schooling and very actively moving. The bait for roach is necessary to keep the fish in one place as long as possible and to ensure a good catch for the fisherman. However, to achieve a good result, it is very important to know what and how to properly feed the roach.
- Factors affecting the choice of bait
- 2Features of bait selection
- 3Based standard bait for roach
- 4Variant composition depending on the time of year
- 5 Instructions and nuances of cooking bait
- 6How to use correctly?
- 7Plus and cons store bait
Factors affecting the choice of bait
Despite the fact that the roach is unpretentious fish, improper bait can negate all efforts to catch it. The main factor affecting the appetites and taste priorities of roach is seasonality.
So the winter period of time the roach is actively caught on animals of representatives of the bottom layers of the reservoir. These include bloodworm, crustaceans and caddis. Since the beginning of spring, when the fish begins to prepare for spawning, worms, small leeches, larvae of various insects, as well as small shells become the most appetizing baits. However, the roach and dough, semolina and barley will not refuse.
With the beginning of summer, the roach predominantly passes on flying insects, their larvae and worms. However, by mid-summer, fish activity is significantly reduced and it rarely bites, because it feeds on river greens. At that time, you can catch it on steamed grains, breadcrumbs, dough, caddisflies or worm. By the fall of the fish, in addition to algae seeds, begins to be actively interested in worms, peas. pearl barley, various larvae and small crayfish.
Features of the choice of bait
Going fishing for a pond where the roach is found, as well as its subspecies, such as roach and roach, it is important to prepare not only the right bait, but also to choose a complementary food. The selection of the composition and consistency of complementary foods depends on many factors:
- Tackle, which will be carried out fishing roach;
- The depths of the reservoir;
- Force flow;
- Wind speeds;
- Ambient temperature and sun activity.
The roach most actively reacts to bait and bait in the spring season, when the water temperature has not yet managed to warm up above 17-180C, and the sun is still not warmly heats the air, often hiding behind clouds.
The best bait for plotters – multicomponent. However, it should include the following components:
- The basis;
- Additional feed ingredients;
- Flavors, natural or synthetic;
- Gluing or loosening additive.
Most of the components that will be needed for the preparation of complementary roach, easy to find in an ordinary grocery store.
The basis of the standard bait for roach
No matter what time of year and under what conditions fishing will take place, roach bait often has a standard basis. It includes the following components:
- Cereals. Buckwheat, pearl barley, pea, corn and wheat grits can be used. At the same time, to improve the taste of the bait, during the cooking process it is recommended to use 2-3 types of cereals at the same time;
- Bread crackers;
- Halva or cake;
- Compound feed or bran.
Very often, to give prikorma necessary consistency or weight, it can be mixed with soil, clay or sand taken from the pond in which the fish will be caught. However, the total proportion of such components in the feeding should not exceed 30% of the total weight of the bait.
Composition options depending on the season
When cooking bait at different times of the year, it is important to correctly combine the ingredients and, if necessary, change the proportion of their content in the total mass of the mixture. So after the winter bait for roach should be low-calorie. Otherwise, the fish quickly get enough and leave. Because the amount of flavoring and components of the mixture must be reduced to a minimum. And make the lure itself as small as possible and throw it into the pond rarely and in small portions.
The bait for roach in the summer, the fishermen are encouraged to completely abandon the synthetic flavors. Natural flavor enhancers such as garlic, sunflower oil, cumin, and coriander in the summer portion of the bait should also be kept to a minimum.
In the autumn, as in the spring, the amount of complementary foods should be minimal. The use of artificial amplifiers smell and taste is unacceptable.
In the winter bait for roach also should be excluded amplifiers of taste and smell on a chemical basis. The main part of the bait should be an animal component. It is necessary that the bait easily and quickly sink to the bottom of the reservoir. Because the share of sand, clay and soil at this time of year can reach up to 40-50% of the total mass of the bait.
Instructions and nuances of cooking bait
A bait, made independently at home, must necessarily contain components that are the main delicacy of roach at the appropriate time of year. However, depending on the seasonality of fishing, roach bait, made with your own hands, should have a certain consistency.
In the spring season, the bait should be crushed as much as possible. Particles of the bait when released into the water should create a kind of cloudy cloud. Approximately by the summer? part of the bait will consist of large particles of the main bait.
From mid-summer to autumn approximately? from bait may consist of large fractions of the main bait. In the winter season, for efficient fishing, the main part of the bait should consist of breadcrumbs and bloodworms. However, it is necessary to throw lure in water only in small portions.
In the process of cooking bait for roach allowed the use of various store flavors and flavors. However, their use should be minimal, because too bright smell easily repels roaches.
To know how to prepare an effective bait for roach, you should pay attention to these most popular among fishermen recipes:
- In a saucepan pour rye in the amount of 500 g, and pour boiling water over it. The amount of water should be such that 2 cm cover the main ingredient. Cover the pot with a tight lid and leave for 2-3 hours for steaming. After the time when the resulting porridge absorbs all the moisture and cools, 500 g of bread crumbs, 200 g of dry oatmeal, 100 g of flaxseed or hemp seeds, and 100 g of algae are added to it. All the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, after which another 3 matchbox boxes of maggots and 2 large cloves of garlic passed through the garlic box are filled with them. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed again, a field of which can be used as a mixture for baiting fish. At the same time, garlic acts as a flavor attracting roach.
- Finely ground flaxseeds in the amount of 500 g are mixed with 500 g of oatmeal. To this is added ground to powder lentils in the amount of 50 g and slightly dried 300 g of clay. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed, after which you need to add 600 g of bran, lightly roasted in a pan, and 150 g of finely chopped nettle with a pinch of coriander. The composition is mixed and can be used to lure roach.
- 300 g of fine clay, bran and breadcrumbs are added to 500 g of ground biscuit ground into crumb. To the dry mixture is added 2 tablespoons. sunflower oil, 3 pinches of caraway seeds, as well as 3 matchboxes of maggots and bloodworms. All components are mixed.
- 500 g of wheat are poured into a large saucepan and poured with hot water to the level of 2 fingers on top. The pot is covered with a lid for 3 hours. After the time when the steamed wheat has cooled, 400 g of ground pumpkin seeds, tubers and previously roasted bran are added to it. 4 pinches of thyme and 3-5 drops of formic acid are also added here. All components are thoroughly mixed.
The bait made in this way will attract the attention of roach, but it will not distract the fish from the main bait.
How to use?
Since the roach is a small and brisk fish, with active bait, it can quickly become full and swim. Also, in some cases, the fish may not even notice the bait. To avoid this, it is important to know how to properly use the bait for roach.
There are several rules of conduct for a fisherman who wants to catch a roach:
- Lure is carried out only in the place where you plan to fish.
- The first portion of the bait is thrown before the training gear. To do this, molded 3-4 small balls, the size of an average chestnut, and all together are thrown into the water at one point.
- In the process of catching roach, it is necessary to periodically feed the fish. This will keep the gathering of fish in place and attract new individuals. In this case, supplementation is carried out in extremely small doses, 1-2 balls, 3-5 cm in diameter.
Methods of cooking bait largely depend on the method of fishing. So when using a donkey, the first 4-5 casts of gear are performed without using a hook. Fishing at the same time you can start immediately after such starting fodder. And planning to fish on a float fishing rod, the hook should not be lowered too deep. And in the bait is recommended to mix the sand from the bottom of the reservoir, milk powder or semolina. This will allow the bait to stay on the surface, while creating a cloud of turbidity, which additionally attracts roach.
Pros and cons of shop bait
Currently available a large number of diverse ready-made universal type of bait, as well as special, for fishing roach. Such compositions have both their advantages and disadvantages.
The positive aspects of using ready-made shop bait for roach include the following factors:
- The sizes and smells of the ingredients are qualitatively balanced, due to which flocks of fish rarely swim past the bait;
- Due to the high concentration of flavors and flavorings, bait is excellent at different depths, and not only in standing water, but also in strong currents;
- The consistency of bait makes it easy to sculpt balls of any size from it;
- No need to spend time preparing and mixing bait ingredients;
- Shop bait occupy different price segments. Because every fisherman can choose for themselves the best option.
However, there are shop compositions and significant drawbacks:
- Almost all ready-made lures are activated in warm water, and therefore are suitable exclusively for summer fishing. In the offseason, the mixture can lure only those fish that are in close proximity to the bait;
- Finely ground baits require additional preparation before use. It consists in pre-screening the mixture through a fine sieve. After that, the dry component must be gradually diluted with water, all the time mixing thoroughly. Otherwise, it will be extremely difficult to make balls from the bait, as it will start to clump up;
- It is impossible to combine different types and tastes of ready-made baits, both in a dry form and in the process of feeding fish in a pond. Otherwise, smells, mixing, can not attract, but even scare the fish;
- It is unacceptable to mix the usual bait with the store mixes and vice versa. Such combinations can lead to the complete neutralization of all existing attractive odors.
Also to the drawbacks of store baits can be attributed, and their extreme attractiveness for roach. In the event that the bait turns out to be more aromatic and tasty than the bait, the fish simply will not peck, and, having eaten the mixture, will swim away.