During the trip they prepare rather simple, but nutritious dishes to satisfy the hunger of travelers. Lagman can be attributed to such food. Cooking is not difficult, but you can get enough a small portion. Therefore it is worth trying to cook lagman on a fire in a cauldron.
- What products will be needed for cooking
- 2 General principles of cooking lagman
- 3 Traditional cooking recipe
- 4Quick Lagman Cooking Recipe
- 5 Recipe for cooking lagman on a beef fire
What products will be needed for cooking
Lagman is a kind of noodles with thick meat and vegetable gravy. Some perceive it as a second course, serving them with forks. This is actually a soup and should be eaten with a spoon.
The main ingredient of lagman is noodles. Traditionally, it is cooked by hand. for this, a special thread is pulled out of a special test, which should not be interrupted. Nowadays, ready-made semi-finished products are more often used.
Another important ingredient is meat. Since the dish is considered Muslim, the meat is most often used specific. The original recipes indicate lamb or beef. But modern interpretations may use chicken or pork.
But the vegetable component is a place for the imagination of a cook. In addition to carrots and onions, which are usual for the Russian people, they suggest adding for abundant flavor:
- Bulgarian pepper of different colors;
- radish and its analogues (radish, daikon);
- beans and other.
They give a special flavor to the dish. And you also need a large amount of fresh chopped greens. At the same time cutting vegetables may vary in the variations of the recipe.
Thus, we can distinguish three main components of the Lagman:
- Vegetables and greens.
General principles of cooking lagman
There are several principles of cooking lagman, adhering to which you can get a traditional dish or close to it.
- It is recommended to cook noodles by yourself, manually. Wide noodles are used for this. But there is not always time and opportunity to cook it at home. In this case, you can use the proposed store options. But do not replace the usual spaghetti. Better to find a special kind of noodle.
- As mentioned above, meat is recommended to use fatty varieties – pork or beef. In this case, the broth turns out rich and thick. But the calorie content of the dish is also high in this case – about 160-170 kcal / 100 g. To reduce its meat, it is replaced with less fatty varieties – chicken, turkey.
- The dough for noodles should be elastic and viscous. You shouldn’t cook it too long. It is better to let it be slightly undercooked than stuck together.
- In the gravy, be sure to add broth, not water. So the dish will be thicker and more saturated.
- The broth can be used both meat, and vegetable.
- Meat should be carefully prepared before serving in the dish: cut veins and film.
- If potatoes are added to the gravy, then put it 15-20 minutes before it is cooked.
- He poured himself stewing long over low heat. So it is more saturated with all tastes and flavors, and the vegetables remain whole.
- Do not add too much liquid (broth or water) to the gravy. First of all, the lagman refers to second courses, not soups. And besides, vegetables when stewing emit a large amount of moisture.
For the traditional recipe, you will need: 0.5 kg of mutton, 2-3 onions, 2-3 bell peppers, 2 tomatoes, 3-5 cloves of garlic, a bunch of greens, salt, pepper, vegetable oil, 200-300 ml of broth, special noodles for lagman
If you have the opportunity and skill, you can cook the noodles yourself.
- To do this, mix 350-400 g of flour and 1-2 eggs.
- Knead a thick elastic dough.
- Roll it into a thin layer. cut into long wide (about 0.5 cm) strips.
- Throw them in boiling water and cook until done.
- After drying, add a little vegetable oil (so as not to stick together) and leave until the desired moment.
Lagman Cooking Recipe:
- Cook the noodles and leave them aside for a while.
- Wash the lamb, drain from excess moisture and cut into medium pieces. Pepper and salt.
- Pepper Bulgarian pepper from the seeds and cut into strips.
- Carrots are also cut into strips.
- Tomatoes are cut into cubes.
- Peel the onions and cut into rings or half rings.
- Pour a large amount of vegetable oil into a frying pan or a stewpan with a thick bottom and heat it.
- Send roast the meat until golden brown.
- Then add onions and also fried.
- Peppers and carrots are added to them and 100-150 ml of broth is poured.
- Close the sauce with a lid and cook for 30-40 minutes on low heat.
- When the meat is fully prepared, tomatoes are added to it.
- After 8-10 minutes, chop the garlic cut into large pieces and leave for another 7-10 minutes.
- The finished noodles are laid out in bowls, poured with gravy and sprinkled with chopped greens on top.
Quick Lagman Cooking Recipe
For a quick recipe, it is better to take meat that is cooked more quickly than lamb.
Ingredients: 0.5-0.6 kg of chicken, 2-3 bell peppers, 2-3 tomatoes, 2-3 onions, 2 carrots, 1-2 eggplants (zucchini), 3-5 cloves of garlic, 1 pod of hot pepper, 0.5 kg of noodles for lagman, salt, pepper, herbs (parsley, cilantro), vegetable oil, broth.
- Cut meat into portions.
- Lettuce pepper from the seeds and cut into strips.
- Also do with carrots.
- Cut eggplant and tomato into cubes.
- Onion cut into half rings or rings.
- Cut garlic into large slices or cubes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a skillet or a frying pan with a thick bottom and heat it.
- Send chicken and fry there.
- Add onions and carrots to meat and fry until liquid evaporates (5-10 minutes).
- To them add pepper and eggplant, pour broth or water.
- Close the lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- After add chopped tomato, garlic and hot pepper. Leave to languish for 10-15 minutes.
- At this time, boil the noodles. To do this, boil water in a saucepan. Salt it and send billet noodles. Boil until ready, fold in a colander, drain the water. Add a little vegetable oil, so as not to stick together.
- Arrange the noodles in pialam or deep plates, put gravy on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped greens.
Recipe for cooking lagman on a beef fire
For cooking lagman on a fire you will need: 0.5-0.6 kg of beef, 5-6 potatoes, 2-3 onions, 3-4 carrots, 3-4 tomatoes, 4-6 cloves of garlic, 0.4-0.5 kg of special noodles, star anise, herbs, vegetable oil, salt, pepper.
- In a cauldron, heat 3-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Rinse the beef, peel off the films and cut into medium pieces (2-3 cm).
- Transfer the meat to the cauldron and fry, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Onions cut into rings or half rings and also send to the cauldron.
- After the meat and onions become golden in color add tomatoes, fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add water, add the star anise, salt, pepper and close the lid for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add diced potatoes and sliced carrots to the meat and vegetable mixture.
- 5-7 minutes before the potatoes are ready, add garlic.
- Remove from the fire pot with gravy.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add salt and boil the noodles for the lagman.
- Arrange the resulting noodles on plates.
- Top with meat and vegetable mix and pour broth.
- Sprinkle with chopped greens.
Laghman is traditionally an Asian dish. Therefore, there must be a speck in it. Do not neglect the various seasonings (to taste), but especially garlic. For people who are on a diet this dish is also suitable. It should only replace some ingredients. But especially lagman will be suitable in winter days when you want a thicker and more satisfying food. This is his main difference and dignity.