Cooking pilaf on a fire is much more difficult than for example on a constant fire of a gas burner. The probability that it will turn out not pilaf, but a simple rice porridge with meat is very high.
How to cook pilaf on a campfire and in the forest, pilaf recipe with step by step photos for cooking in field or field conditions.
The preparatory process for cooking pilaf at the stake.
1. We cut meat for pilaf, the size of a matchbox, in the process it will be fried.
2. We clean the carrots for pilaf, do not scrape, namely, clean. Then cut in half lengthwise and cut into cubes (preferably) or straws 5-6 mm thick. We clean the onion for pilaf, cut the onion in half and cut in half rings 5-6 mm thick.
a pot of water to make it boil or at least be very hot.
3. We put onion cut into a cauldron for pilaf and stir it until it settles, and acquires a golden hue. Immediately after the onion add spices half the planned volume.
4. We lay rice with a spoon, evenly distributing it over the entire area of the cauldron. Then fill the rice with hot water from the pot, preferably through a spoon, so that it does not erode. Water should be above the level of rice by the thickness of a finger. Close the lid and wait until it boils..
5. As soon as the water begins to boil, remove the lid from the cauldron altogether or move it halfway if frost. The position of the cauldron is important, it should stand as flat as possible.
6. As soon as the water has boiled to the surface of the rice and steam holes have begun to appear on it, remove the cauldrons from the fire and put on weak coals or lift and set over a weak fire.
!!! All the time, up to this moment, the cauldron should be on a large hot fire of a bonfire. Rice after laid laid can not be mixed.
7. Prepared garlic half recessed on top of the rice in a spiral or circles. Evenly sprinkle pilaf with the second half of spices. Tightly close the lid and forget about it for 30-35 minutes. At the stake, pilaf is better than digested. We wait.
8. Remove the cauldrons from the fire and spread the pilaf on plates. Pilaf with kebab is especially good. Enjoy your meal!