A hundred years ago in Russia, every self-respecting cook knew how to cook quails. This exquisite dish could be seen at almost every celebration with wealthy people. Gentle, tasty, dietary, but at the same time nutritious, quail meat was cooked in dozens of ways. Perhaps even today many connoisseurs of cooking will be interested in learning how to cook quail at home.
- Meat features
- 2Filing and preparation
- 3 Recipes
- 3.1Titles on a skewer
- 3.2In a pan
- 3.3Sweeted with cherry
- 3.4Show from quail
- 3.5In the multicooker
- 3.6 Cooking quail in the oven
- 3.7 Proper storage
Once, noblemen and simply well-off people liked to eat quails by accident — meat is lean and contains almost no cholesterol. Therefore, it can be even people who have recently undergone a serious operation on the stomach and just sitting on a fairly strict diet. At the same time, the meat is very satisfying – three small quail carcasses are enough for them to eat even a person with a very good appetite.
But if you want to know how to cook quails, keep in mind that lean meat is not fat, which is why the taste is poorly pronounced.
Experienced chefs know about it and do not save on seasonings – add thyme, pepper, basil, salt and many other spices. Due to this, the meat is very tasty, fragrant.
It is important that this valuable product contains:
- Vitamins B1 and B2, which have a beneficial effect on the human nervous system.
- PP (nicotinic acid), improves blood circulation.
- Vitamin D, preventing the development of rickets.
- Sulfur and phosphorus, normalizing metabolism.
- Potassium, which allows the brain to work more actively.
Therefore, the desire of many chefs who want to learn how to cook quails deliciously can be called very commendable.
Cutting and preparation
The first step is to inspect the carcass. On the skin should not be feathers – if they are, then you need to remove them. If there is a fluff, it is scorched over an open fire. After that, the carcass is thoroughly washed with cold running water.
The next stage is the cutting. It is necessary to incise the carcass in the lower part – between the lower part of the keel and the thighs. Through a small incision, all entrails are easily removed. Then you need to wash the carcass well from the inside – the easiest way to do this is by sending a stream of cold water from the tap.
Cut into pieces is not necessary – most of the recipes, telling how to cook quail, provide for cooking entirely. Enough to get the wings behind his back, and legs together and fix the chef thread.
An experienced cook knows dozens of ways to cook quails – cook soup, bake whole with a side dish, in berry juice or on an open fire. We will tell you some of the most successful recipes that allow you to unleash the taste of the bird in full.
Perhaps this is the most luxurious and even “royal” way of cooking – even the discerning gourmets will be impressed when they see such a dish on a festive table.
To prepare you will need:
- three quails;
- 100 grams of bacon;
- three cloves of garlic;
- Rye bread;
- basil, salt, black pepper.
When all the ingredients are ready, you can tell how to cook quail.
- Carcasses are washed and dried with paper towels.
- Squeeze garlic through a press, mix with basil and butter.
- Carcass salt, pepper, stuff the resulting mixture.
- Wrap the quail bacon.
- to put the carcass on a skew, alternating with pieces of bread.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
In the pan
Very gentle cooking method. No wonder many culinary specialists wonder how to cook quails in a frying pan. For cooking, take:
- olive oil;
- half a teaspoon of rosemary, salt, black pepper.
Start cooking. It’s not possible to cook the quail entirely – you need to carefully cut it in two, dividing the carcass along the ridge and abdomen. After that, start cooking.
Quail with cherry
This is a fairly simple way to cook a sophisticated dish. Knowing how to cook quail meat with cherries, you can consider yourself a cook-ace. The following ingredients are required for the recipe:
- eight quails;
- a glass of pitted cherries;
- 100 grams of boiled lard;
- half a cup of broth;
- tablespoon of brandy;
- salt, pepper, rosemary.
When all the ingredients are collected, start cooking one of the most exquisite dishes in life:
- Melt the lard in a frying pan, heat up and place the quail carcasses there.
- Fry until crust appears, then drain off excess fat.
- Add broth to the meat, in which seasoning, brandy and cherry are mixed. Stir, cover the pan with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Feeding quails with a side dish, pour it over the sauce, which is obtained by stewing.
Having decided to cook quail soup, do not forget that the poultry meat is rather lean – there will be no fat broth. Therefore it is worth adding a little lard. So cook:
- four quails;
- one and a half liters of water;
- 50 grams of lard;
- 50 grams of millet;
- salt, black pepper.
Cooking soup is so simple that it can please you both at home and on the hunt.
- The quails are filled with cold water and brought to a boil. Salt, pepper, boil for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lard and onions are finely cut, fried in a pan.
- The washed millet is added to the broth. Brewed another 20 minutes.
- The soup is laid zazharka, brought to a boil and removed from the heat.
In the multicooker
You can fry quail houses in a slow cooker – the recipe is very simple. All you need for cooking is:
- four quails;
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream or mayonnaise;
- a teaspoon of mustard;
- salt, pepper, vegetable oil, rosemary, thyme.
Preparing the dish is very simple and easy:
- Seasoning mixed with mustard and sour cream (or mayonnaise).
- Quails are laid out in a multicooker bowl lubricated with vegetable oil, and fried for 2-4 minutes.
- Sauce is added to the carcasses, after which the slow cooker is turned on in the Baking mode for 30 minutes.
The dish turns out very tender, juicy and, most importantly, simple.
Cooking quail in the oven
If you do not have time to follow the process of cooking a festive dish, you should learn how to cook quail in the oven.
The following ingredients will be needed:
- five quails;
- half a lemon;
- half a head of garlic;
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise or sour cream;
- salt, pepper, dill, thyme or coriander.
The culinary specialist works only at the beginning – then he can go about his business.
- Mix salt and pepper with dried or chopped herbs.
- Rinse the carcasses, dry with a paper towel, sprinkle with lemon juice and grease with the resulting mixture.
- Peel the garlic, pass through the garlic press, mix with sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Dip each carcass into the sauce.
- grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Place carcasses on it and put in an oven heated to 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
The resulting quail will not yield to the taste and beauty of those that can be enjoyed in the elite restaurants.
Let’s start with the rules of quail selection in the store. Meat must meet the following requirements:
- Be pink, appetizing, without gray or white spots.
- Unpleasant smell is completely absent – only the neutral smell of meat.
- Press a finger on the meat – it should immediately return to its original form. If a dent remains, then the product is not fresh and you will not be able to cook a tasty dish out of it.
Cooled quails can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 15 weeks. If the carcasses are frozen, the shelf life is increased to 3 months – after that the tender bird gets the unpleasant smell of stale meat.
If the dish is already cooked, then it can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than three days. Preferably in a glass or ceramic dish – in cellophane, the meat will spoil faster