Reading real stories that happened to other people when they fell into extreme situations and tried to cope with fear, this is the best proof that when things get complicated, then the difficulties begin.
How to cope with fear and take control of it in an emergency or emergency.
Throughout history, people have been confronted with fears and have virtually overcome any fear imaginable. For best results in the field or in the city, work on improving the following tips until your behavior becomes a natural, automatic response..
a situation can, in essence, happen to you, and plan everything accordingly.
2. Train! Recognizing that a life-threatening danger may occur is not enough. Learn everything you can about survival and what your body can endure, learn and feel what your reactions to fear will be and how to deal with fear. Putting skills into practice creates self-confidence and strengthens the position I can, regarding your ability to survive.
3. Do not run away from fear. When you’re scared, step back a step from your fear and just watch it. Ignore the urge to analyze, evaluate, criticize, draw conclusions, or try to understand it. A step back opens the emotional space and reduces the burden of energy spent on fear.
4. Be aware of what surrounds you. Learn to recognize early warning signs of danger. Acquire knowledge to reduce perceived fear of the unknown.
5. Stay constructively active. Maintaining positive energy is very important, so do whatever you can to make your situation more comfortable by eliminating the difficulties that support fear. While you are doing something, you can temporarily throw those terrible circumstances out of your head and feel that you are in control of your destiny and can cope with fear.
6. Control your imagination. Stick to known facts, separating the present from the fictional.
7. Adapt to your environment. Get ready to think and act like an animal without evaluating your actions. To a certain extent, if you cannot conquer fear, adapt to it. Develop a plan B, C and D before you may need them.
8. Teach yourself to think positively. Even when talking to yourself, try to use positive statements I can, such as, for example, I can get out of here and I can be saved.
9. Take a positive position on survival. Think in perspective and focus your attention directly on the goal of being saved.
10. Use special breathing exercises to reduce heart rate and reduce stress..
11. Ask for help. Whether you are already on a heavenly road or not yet, it’s never too late to start.
12. Try to treat everything that happens with humor. Good humor transforms a miserable position in a difficult situation.
Controlling feelings of fear in others.
1. Become a good example. Keep calm and control the situation, even if you yourself do not feel. Inspire courage, hope and the desire not to give up.
2. Maintain discipline. Work to establish and maintain order and harmony in the group in a soft but unyielding manner. Find out the strengths of the people and assign them the appropriate tasks to help the group. Entrusting people with certain tasks reduces the feeling of defenselessness and helps them not to think about the situation and cope with fear, while at the same time creating a sense of control of their fate.
3. Create positive leadership. Be direct, persistent, determined, confident, compassionate, honest and with a sense of humor.
4. Be alert to the early signs of fear in other people, and if you discover, take action immediately. Knowing how people in your group react to stress and cope with it is invaluable. Be sensitive to other people’s needs and offer any possible support. And remember that one black sheep spoils the whole herd.
5. Encourage teamwork and mutual support from the start. Perhaps in no other situation on planet Earth will such a strong connection and the support of the entire group be needed to achieve success, as the extreme situation requires. A group that develops and maintains a positive mental and emotional attitude, combining all its efforts and participation for the benefit of the whole team is an extremely powerful force in order to stay alive.
According to the materials of the book 36.6 degrees. The art of staying alive!.