It has long been known that plastic has been able to lie in the ground for many years, without decomposing and thus causing severe harm to the environment. To recycle such garbage, which can later be found useful use, enterprising people came up with a bottle cutter. It cuts plastic bottles into narrow strips, which are used as durable fastening and shrinkage material. How to make a bottle cutter with your own hands, you can learn from the information below.
- How to make a bottle cutter with your own hands
- 2 DIY plastic bottle bottle
- 3 DIY bottle cutter: drawings
How to make a bottle cutter with your own hands
The tape of plastic bottles is widely used in everyday life and household:
- In the manufacture of panicles and brushes.
- For use as a shrink tape on the plot for plant garter, in the construction of greenhouses.
- As a fishing line
- For the manufacture of wicker furniture, bags, baskets.
You can make a bottle cutter with your own hands of two types: manual or fixed. It is based on a blade, usually from a clerical knife. It is inexpensive, very sharp, it does not need to be sharpened. A marching version of a device for cutting plastic bottles is very useful, because as a result, you can get a strong rope, fishing line, tape for winding the handles of any tools, weaving nets and other items necessary for survival. The advantage of such a tape is that when it is heated, it decreases several times, tightening and securely securing what it is wrapped around.
Bottle cutter plastic bottles do it yourself
A more complicated version of the manufacture of devices for cutting bottles with their own hands involves a more thorough preparation.
For the manufacture of such a bottle cutter will need:
- Aluminum corner not less than 2 mm thick.
- Nails, M6 die
- Construction knife blade
- Drill with 6 and 3 mm drills.
- Sandpaper, file.
Before you make a bottle cutter, it is better to make a detailed drawing of the device and its fastening. Thanks to the drawing, it will be clearly seen at what angle the knife blade should be fixed, since without a tilt, the correct cut will not work.
The blade is applied to the metal corner so that the sharpening fits tightly into the corner, and the drilling site is indicated for fasteners. Along the length of the blade on the corner marked the cut line. A 6 mm drill hole is drilled, the workpiece is cut by a grinder. Next, you need to make a markup for cuts in increments of 5 mm from the very edge of the hole. On one side of the corner, the depth of the cut should be equal to the approximate width of the tape being cut, and on the other, propyl is made on almost the entire width of the corner, not reaching 1-2 mm of the web. All cuts are processed with sandpaper or a file so that no hooks are created during the drawing of the tape.
All holes are processed, metal dust is removed with a brush. The rounding inside the corner is recommended to be removed by the grinder so that the knife blade does not rest on it.
Further, an axis with a diameter of 6 mm is made from a 200 mm nail and a thread of 15-20 mm is cut with a die. The edge is ground, and the axis is slightly bent to set the cutting angle. After that, the axis is fixed in a vice. The video shows how the device works.
Another type of simple device that can be screwed to a table or other surface, and if necessary, removed:
- For manufacturing, you will need a blade from a stationery knife, double-sided tape, a piece of linoleum, a din-rail of 30 cm, a metal plate, studs, screws with nuts of 6 mm.
- You need to make a clip from the rail, in the middle of which you make two cuts with a distance of 2 cm between them. Bend the rail so that the letter P shape is learned. In order for the clip to not leave a clip after itself, it is necessary to make lining of linoleum, sticking them on double sided tape.
- In the plates you need to make two holes – for fastening under the bolt to the clamp and under the bolt without a nut. The second hole will prevent the plates from moving.
- Fastening the blade is made on the nuts with washers. The thickness of the resulting plate is 1.5 mm; with one such nozzle, a tape 1.5 mm wide is obtained. To cut a wider ribbon, you can simply add more plates.
Fastening to the table or other support is done with the help of a wing nut, and the stud serves as a guide. It is fastened through the adapter nut for quick disassembly while the device is not in use.
A simpler device that attaches to the surface of the table is to clamp the knife blade with a clamp. A piece of plywood or wood of a certain thickness is placed between the table and the blade, which will determine the width of the tape being cut. Any flat material is also laid between the clamp and the blade in order to avoid damage to the knife blade. This type of bottle cutter has its drawbacks: you need to hold the bottle with one hand and pull the tape with the other. Moreover, it is cut unevenly, since there is no reliable fixation of the size. Therefore, thin and smooth fishing line on this type of bottle cutter will not work, unlike more complex devices.