Knowing how to improvise a weapon without thinking can be the skill that saves your life. Weapons made at home can be as deadly as real guns, but they definitely surpass them with creativity. When your life or the life of those you love are threatened, your thoughts are focused in only one direction: eliminate the threat. That is the moment when he becomes extremely creative and discovers that even a common and old chair can turn into a baseball bat. Having your house invaded is one of the worst experiences you can go through.
From the moment you realize that someone is in your house, you know that things can not end well. The simple fact that there is another human being there with you, in your sanctuary shows you that security is only an illusion. We all know how bad people can be and what horrible things they can do, so maybe it’s time to start learning how to do and protect your own safety. In addition, learning to use and combine surrounding objects to create new homemade weapons can be a very valuable survival skill.
Imagine that there is a global disaster and your only weapon is a folding knife. People are desperate and will do anything for a piece of food, like stealing, hitting or killing those who have it. There are no longer rules and those with the best weapons win. How can you protect your own skin and that of your family? The knife is a good weapon, but you can not win if your opponent has a weapon. This is the time when your creativity and survival skills will be most useful.
Today we are going to discuss how to make homemade weapons for self-defense and survival. A homemade weapon is any object or combination of objects that was not designed to be a weapon but may be in an emergency situation. If you take a look at your house, you will identify at least 5 or 6 items that can be a weapon by themselves or in combination. Actually, there are about ten times more and we’re going to show you where.
Now that we are talking about domestic invaders and desperate survival situations, you should know that the best weapon you can use is to avoid confrontation. No, you are not a coward; you are just a human being trying to stay alive in an ugly situation. Avoiding confrontation, if possible, is the only way out of this 100% healthy and safe. Regardless of the fact that you are in the middle of an invasion of your home or that you are in the desert, surrounded by opponents, try to stay calm.
Actually, keeping your head and calm is the best weapon you can have. If you are calm in a violent situation that may or may not include weapons, you have the advantage. The person who threatens you does not expect you to be able to assess the situation and react accordingly. If the mere sight of a weapon makes you anxious, take some training lessons and get in touch with them. The first thing you learn here is that weapons do not harm anyone, the people who use them do it.
Self-defense weapons made at home are extremely effective when you are calm. In this way, you have the possibility to look around and see what you can use as a weapon. Your attitude is the first weapon you have. Look at your attacker and try to reason with him (or her). As it stops, you have time to identify the closest object that can be used as a weapon.
Weapons in all the rooms of the house.
Each room in your house has certain types of objects. Now, let’s see what types of objects can be transformed into homemade self-defense weapons according to each room in your house (we are ready to bet that you have no idea that there are so many).
Here, people usually have the following objects (or weapons):
- Clubs: chandeliers, tall vases, chairs, statuettes, large ashtrays (finally an advantage to be a smoker!), Large bowls. Look for anything big and heavy that you can point to your head and do not hesitate! The invader will not let you get a second shot!
- Spears – high lamps, fireplace stoves;
- Strangler strings: the cable of your laptop or the charger of your tablet will be amazing;
- Weapons that can be used to subdue the assailant, like a chair. If you use the chair with your legs towards the aggressor, you can fix it on the wall and disarm it.
An adviceAs soon as you have identified your weapon of choice, act fast!
This is a place where there are a lot of weapons to choose from. Kitchen items are often used in murder for passion, so you must put all your passion into it and think like a jealous wife.
- The first option of either is a pair of large and sharp kitchen knives. With this in your hands, you can intimidate and even make your aggressor retreat and flee. Still, if you choose knives, be sure you’re ready to actually use them. If your attacker feels that you are bluffing, the situation will become even darker (if possible);
- A lot of objects here can be used as sticks such as frying pans, rolls, plates, bowls, cups, jars, etc.
- The spray oven cleaner or glass cleaner can also be used as a weapon. Just make sure you fill the attacker’s eyes with whatever you have around you. Immediate pain and blindness will definitely create a distraction that will allow you to incapacitate the attacker or run as fast as you can;
- Broken broom handles or mops can be used as spears;
- Broken glassware, scissors, anything else that is sharp and nervous.
This small room may seem like the last place you want to be with an attacker, but things are not that bad, even here. Remember to evaluate the situation. In the bathroom you can use the following items:
- lacquer to blind your attacker;
- hot curler or hair straightener to burn the attacker’s skin and distract his attention;
- shower rod or towel rail as spear;
- You can even use your toilet if you can convince the attacker to hit his head against him.
Remember that most fatal accidents in the home occur in the bathroom. With this in mind, your freedom is just a slip.
Your house has other elements that can be transformed into homemade weapons and here we can include the fire extinguisher, needles, tools, etc. Just keep your mind and eyes open, it’s your house and you have the advantage of knowing the territory.
Some DIY projects for your safety.
We have talked about the weapons that are around your house, but these are only momentary inspirations and may not be as effective as a real weapon. That is why many people consider making their own homemade weapons. In this way they can not be accused of possessing a weapon, but they can defend themselves when the situation requires it.
How to make pepper spray at home
The process is simple and you can consider it as a special cake. Actually, it is like that; You will need ingredients and you will have to mix them correctly to obtain the desired final result.
You will need the following ingredients and articles:
- hot red pepper
- Rubbing alcohol (as much as necessary)
- baby oil
- Two drinking glasses (preferably made of glass)
- one tablespoon (to measure)
- a blender (if the glass and the spoon are not available)
- a coffee filter
The elaboration process is quite simple: you must place two tablespoons of hot red pepper in the glass and add alcohol to rub, enough to cover the pepper by 1 cm. Mix well the pepper and alcohol and make sure to grind everything for about 10 minutes (a blender would be extremely useful here, but it is not mandatory).
After the stirring and grinding part has finished, add the baby oil (enough to increase the level of liquid in the beaker with approximately 0.5 cm). Continue stirring vigorously for another 5 minutes. For the next step you will need the second cup covered with the coffee filter.
Pour the solution you got into the first glass in the second glass to filter it. Now you have a clear solution that you can use as a pepper spray. Simply pour it into a small container that has a spray cap and seal it firmly. Now you have your own pepper spray to take with you wherever you go; Just be sure to shake the bottle from time to time so that the solution does not separate.
Make your own stun gun
A paralyzing gun is really useful during a closed-body fight because you can incapacitate your attacker and run. Now, do not expect to knock down the aggressor, but this will surprise you (or her) rather badly.
All you have to buy for this project is a piezoelectric spark generator with batteries. They are very common, since they are used to light gas barbecues, heaters, etc. You can see some of the best here. Of course if you already have one you can practice with that.
Additional elements required for this work:
- One AAA battery holder with 2 batteries.
- Electric cables (thick to normal)
- A dremmel and pliers.
- A soldering iron and a hot glue gun.
- A cutter
- A screwdriver
The first step you should take is to disassemble the lighter (with care). Make sure you keep the screws and casing intact because you will need them later. Now that you have the main mechanism of the lighter turned off, be sure to eliminate any additional consumer such as an LED light. Other cables that must be removed are those of the metal neck. Cut them from the base.
Then add 2 thick electrical wires to the 2 terminals from which you just cut the wires. Also make sure that the cables are longer than the metal collar. Connect the battery holder to the battery cable. Now, after all these modifications, you must put everything back. This is where the dremmel is useful because the battery holder does not fit perfectly in the case. Polish the plastic until they do. Do the same with each element that does not fit.
The two electric cables must be longer than the metal collar (as specified above). After replacing everything, cut them at the end of the neck, remove them and tin the ends with solder. Cut two 2.5 cm pieces of normal cable (just make sure it does not bend easily) and cut their ends. After this, add them to the two electric cables and glue them all. Test the entire system before closing in the case.
You can also add glue where you consider it necessary. The internal parts should not be affected by movement or humidity.
How to make homemade weapons.
As in the case of an invasion in the home, in a situation of survival, anything can become a weapon. As a good survivor, know that you need your emergency kit with you and that, in your emergency kit, you should always have a knife. The knife is extremely important because it is one of the most versatile tools in history and can be used both to make new weapons and to use them as a weapon. Just make sure you feel comfortable using it and that you can carve some wood with it.
Let’s do a little exercise of imagination: the apocalypse happens (you can choose your own apocalyptic scenario: zombie, aliens, monkeys, whatever) and you need to find yourself in a safe place to rest for a while. He manages to find an abandoned house in a quiet area that looks very good as a refuge and decides to use it. You’re just a weapon so far it’s your knife, but you need something stronger that can inflict more damage from a greater distance.
You look around and see that there are common objects such as pieces of wood, nails, ropes, cables, etc. Well, now is the time to put your imagination to work and find some really good weapons. Do not worry if nothing comes to mind, it is absolutely normal not to be able to think of homemade weapons when you never had to.
To help you get started, we made a small list of weapons you can do with the materials you have in the house. It is always easier to adapt to a survival situation if you have the basic knowledge.
- Bat made at home – made of a leg of the table (or anything long and strong made of wood). We all know that baseball bats are excellent for personal defense and that you should get a similar result. Cut one end with your knife and make it round so you can easily grab it. You also need a good grip and make sure the bat does not fall out of your hand. Look for a cable or paracord, if any, and wrap it around a small portion of the carved end. Now you must have something that looks like a bat, with an easy grip and a protective handle that prevents the bat from jumping out of your hand when you swing it.
- Monkey fist If you are a paracordist, you may be familiar with the fist monkey knot. The basic principle is that a heavy object, such as a tennis or a billiard ball, is wrapped in a paracord and tied to a piece of string so you can swing it and hit the attacker from a distance. If you’re not knotting, you can improvise with a roll or quarters tucked inside a sock. The same principle applies here. This may not seem like a really cool weapon, but if you use it correctly, you can inflict serious damage. Another application of the monkey fist is a padlock attached to a shoelace or a dog leash.
- Flamethrower You can improvise a flamethrower at any time with a cigarette lighter and a spray can (or any flammable spray). Just make sure the can is not too close to the open flame so it does not explode in your hands.
As you can see, we are surrounded by elements that can be very efficient homemade weapons (combined or by themselves).
All you need is a little creativity and a lot of calm to properly assess the situation. To achieve this you need practice. It only takes a few hours of your day from time to time and look around you. Try to imagine what you would use in case of an attack. You should also talk to a personal defense professional. In this way, you will be more prepared in case of an invasion in the home or an unpleasant survival situation.
WEAPONS AND ARMS