Even in a humid environment or in wet weather, if the wood is abundant, the task of kindling a fire can always be solved successfully. Use the guidelines below that are suitable for almost any environment. If you do everything right, the flame of your fire will be strong and hot..
Kindle fire from raw wood, or in conditions of high humidity, in rainy and damp weather, the necessary actions.
1. If possible, look for basic needles or branches that are either coated with flammable resin or contain it.
2. If you find a raw log, be sure to remove wet bark from it to get to dry wood.
3. A large log without bark will not burn well. Split it into several parts. Their inner surface will be dry.
4. To light a bonfire, you will need fuel, sparks and air. To the last component was abundant, arrange the wood in the form of a triangle or canopy. As a result, there will be space for air circulation. If the zedra and branches are lying in a dense heap, even the fire that appears can go out.
5. When traveling or traveling, always have some composition with you to facilitate bonfire.
They can serve, for example:
Vata with Vaseline.
Special ignition product purchased at the store.
Also, for this purpose, you can pre-assemble fabric fibers, soak them in lighter fluid, kerosene or gasoline, and then store in a sealed bag.
6. Always light upwind. At the same time, blocking it from the wind with your body so that the flame at the very beginning, while it is still weak, does not go out.
7. Light a fire from below. He rises, and so you give him this opportunity.
8. For the fire to be strong enough, you need a good supply of dry wood (needles, branches, dry leaves). Continuously dry your entire supply of firewood near the fire..
9. The importance of good kindling can hardly be overestimated. Harvest it with a margin. If you add large logs to only a flaming bonfire too soon, the fire will go out. Continue to add the kindling until the bonfire is strong enough so that a thick log or whole log can catch fire in it..
10. Except when a strong wind blows the flame, air flow is needed to maintain combustion. Therefore, you can light a fire on top of an earthen heap..
Based on the book Survival in the Wild and Extreme Situations. 100 key skills in the special services methodology.