The idea will provide a battery charge of diode lights directly from the USB port is not new at all. But mostly manufacturers are on the path of embedding the charger inside the lamp housing. The same Klarus has a whole line of such RS-series flashlights, for various battery sizes: RS1A, RS11 and RS16. However, in the case of the tactical flashlight ST11, Klarus took a different path. To ensure that the 18650 Li-ion battery used in the ST11 flashlight is charged from a USB port, a separate portable charger Klarus CH11 was created specifically for this flashlight model.
Klarus portable charger CH11 for Li-ion 18650 tactical flashlight Klarus ST11 batteries.
Key Features of the Klarus CH11 Charger.
Dimensions: 27 (diameter) x 23 (height) mm
Case Material: Anodized Aluminum T6061
Built-in protection: against reverse polarity and overcharge
Charge process indication: two-color
Estimated charge time from 0%: 18650 Li-ion 2200 mAh in 5.4 hours
Kit: Klarus CH11 charger, K2-D5 cable (USB micro-USB).
The Klarus CH11 charger is supplied in a convenient and durable plastic case (5 x 2.5 cm), in which, in addition to the charger itself, there is a cable (USB micro-USB) and an instruction manual. To visually monitor the charge process and the state of the battery on top, on the CH11 housing, two indicators red and green are integrated. On the side of the case is a standard micro-USB output for the K2-D5 cable. Judging by the sticker on the cable, it is designed for a maximum current of 500 mA.
The Klarus CH11 portable charger for the Klarus ST11 flashlight is installed instead of its head and allows you to charge the 18650 Li-ion battery right inside its case from any source with a standard USB output. Klarus CH11 automatically detects the state of the battery, and selects the appropriate charge mode for it. Constant current (CC), constant voltage (CV) or continuous charge mode. At the end of the process, CH11 automatically stops charging (cutoff 4.2 V).
To charge the 18650 battery, do the following:.
1. Install the Klarus CH11 charger instead of the head of the Klarus ST11 tactical flashlight, with the battery inside the flashlight.
2. Connect the CH11 via a K2-D5 cable to any USB output (computer, laptop, drive, etc.).
3. Press the power button Klarus ST11 (at the end of its tail), thereby activating the charge process.
Indication of the charge process on Klarus CH11.
1. The red indicator is on; the battery is charging normally..
2. The green light is on, charging is complete.
3. The green light is on and the red light is blinking; the battery is not installed or the Klarus ST11 lamp on button is not pressed (at the end of its tail).
4. The green indicator flashes. The battery in the lamp is not installed correctly..
5. Both indicators do not light up and do not blink. CH11 charger is out of order; urgently need to disconnect the K2-D5 cable from it.
Klarus CH11 Precautions.
1. It is forbidden to use the Klarus CH11 charger if at least one indicator is not lit during operation.
2. Improper use of the Klarus CH11 charger, use of it damaged, charging other batteries than those specified in the instructions may result in damage, explosion, fire of CH11 or ST11 lamp.
General conclusion about the functionality of the portable charger Klarus CH11.
Without a doubt, lights with a built-in charger (meaning from USB) have a lot of positive qualities, but in my opinion, it’s much more practical when
flies separately, cutlets separately a lamp separately, a charger separately, just like in tandem, a Klarus ST11 lamp and a Klarus CH11 charger. During operation, the CH11 charger performed its functions by charging the 18650 battery through a USB adapter from a 12 V car outlet and from a Power Tube 3000 storage device. The possibility of charging from the USB port of the Goal Zero Nomad 7 solar panel was tested for a short time. or there were no problems, everything worked stably.