Next generation machine gun after NSV “Cliff”. Designed to combat lightly armed targets and fire weapons, the destruction of enemy personnel at ranges up to 1500–2000 m and the defeat of air targets at slant distances up to 1500 m. “CORD” uses for firing cartridges of the same caliber, 12.7 mm, with armor-piercing incendiary or armor-piercing incendiary-tracer bullets. A metal link is used to load the tape supplied for power supply either to the left or to the right.
Only automatic fire can be fired from a machine gun. Single shooting is carried out by jerky pressing the trigger lever. “CORD” equipped with an open-type mechanical sight at a distance of 2000 m, as well as a bracket for mounting an optical or night sight.
Creating a large-caliber machine gun, the developers solved three important problems in the design:
- Increased the characteristics of the machine gun in terms of firing accuracy, reducing the impact of automation mechanisms on the barrel, thereby eliminating its resonant vibrations;
- Increased stability of the machine gun, reducing the recoil energy. This allowed the development of an infantry version of a machine gun. “CORD” on the bipod.
- Increased barrel survivability, thereby removing the need to replace the barrels of the machine gun.
The machine gun has high performance compared with its counterparts. They are achieved thanks to the quality of technical solutions and high manufacturability. The main advantages of weapons are as follows:
- Reliability and trouble-free operation, the ability to conduct intense fire, while maintaining accurate accuracy, without the need to further cool the barrel;
- Stable indicators of accuracy, rate of fire and accuracy of the battle during the operation of the entire technical resource of the machine gun;
- High reliability at an ambient temperature of ± 50 ° C, after immersion in water or icing, in a dusty environment, without multi-day gun care (cleaning and lubrication) and in other difficult conditions;
- Convenience of maintenance and simplicity of the machine gun: to fix a number of malfunctions of the machine gun in battle, only an individual set of spare parts and tools is needed (Spare parts, tools, accessories – an explanation LastDay.Club). For better service machine gun needed repair and group spare parts.
“CORD” in terms of mass-dimensional and docking characteristics, it is completely analogous to its predecessor, the machine gun NSV “Cliff”. This allows you to replace one machine gun to another in all machine-gun complexes without additional technical work. At the same time, the machine gun “CORD” surpasses in all main characteristics “Cliff”.
TTX machine gun “CORD”
|Rate of fire, shots per minute||not less than 600|
|Initial speed of a bullet, m / s||820..860|
|Sighting range, m||up to 2000|
|Barrel weight, kg||9.25|
|Curb weight, kg||11.1|
|Tape weight, equipped with 50 rounds, kg||7.7|
|The angle of the horizontal targeting machine gun
relatively fixed bipod
|± 15 °|
|Fight accuracy (R50) at a distance of 100 m, mm||no more than 300|
|Technical resource, shots||10,000|
|Penetration on 100 m, mm||up to 20|
12.7 mm machine guns “CORD” manufactured in the following versions:
- 12.7 mm machine gun “CORD” tank 6P49
dimensions (length x width x height): 1625? 135? 215
weight: 27 kg
- 12.7 mm machine gun “CORD” infantry 6P57 on bipod 6T19
dimensions: 1980–450–500 (in horizontal position)
weight: 32 kg
- 12.7 mm machine gun “CORD” 6P58 on the installation 6U16
Dimensions: 1980? 810? 450
weight: 60 kg
- 12.7 mm machine gun “CORD” 6P59 on a 6U16 installation and a rack of SP
dimensions: 1980? 810? 1625 (adjustable)
- weight: 80 kg
Machine gun “CORD” complete with a machine-gun installation and stand, it can be installed on any automobile or armored vehicles, helicopters, boats and other sea vessels, on railway platforms. The machine gun can be easily removed from the installation and used to support combat operations in the battle formations of troops. The design of the machine gun when placed on the object of armament ensures the mounting of the cartridge case on the swinging part of the installation, fixing the machine gun “on marching”, collecting the sleeves or their reflection (forward or down-to the right), collecting the links of the tape, the rapid displacement of the machine gun relative to the installation for its placement inside hatch carrier, door, etc.
The machine gun can effectively fire both from a prepared and from an unprepared shooting position. Fire can also be fought from buildings, from fixed or moving vehicles at any position of the machine gunner. The calculation can easily change positions due to the relatively small weight of the kit and the possibility of a quick change of position of the machine gun from the marching to the combat position. Consequently, this increases the overall effectiveness of machine gun crew as a combat unit.
Currently, 12.7 × 99-mm cartridges of the NATO standard are widespread, due to the large number of their manufacturers – about 22 countries. Given this factor, a 12.7-mm machine gun was developed “CORD” under the patron of NATO for all the versions mentioned above. At the same time, the tactical and technical and operational characteristics of a machine gun under a 12.7? 99-mm NATO cartridge are similar to a machine gun “CORD” with structural differences between the barrel and the feeder.