Plant foods, indirect signs of edibility of wild fruits and plants.

On the globe there is a huge number of plants of varying degrees of edibility that can be eaten at different times of the year and in different natural areas. 

Plant food, indirect signs of edibility of wild fruits and plants.

The plant world of the planet is so diverse that it is almost impossible for a person who finds himself in difficult extreme conditions in the taiga, jungle, mountains and deserts to die from hunger and lack of water. In different parts of the world and in different climatic zones, you can always find plants that provide you with water, tasty and juicy fruits. Vegetable bread, fats, sugar and milk. But for this you need to know where, how and when to collect them. Which part and how to use. The nutritional value of some plants is truly enormous..

In some areas during an accident, nutrition can only be addressed through plant foods. Therefore, knowledge of the basic rules for the collection and distribution of edible plants increases the survival rate in an extreme situation. In addition, it is useful to know the main poisonous plants of various natural zones. This will avoid not only severe poisoning, but also death.

Plant foods, indirect signs of edibility of wild fruits and plants.

Indirect signs of edibility of wild fruits and plants.

Bird droppings with seeds of eaten fruit.
Scraps of peel and pecked fruits.
A large number of seeds at the foot of the tree on which the fruits grow.
In the rainforest, watch the monkeys: if they eat this or that fruit, then it is edible for humans.

Of course, you need to eat only those plants that you know enough. However, there are some general guidelines for determining the edibility or toxicity of plants..

It is advisable to avoid eating plants with pods, especially raw.
Plants with shiny leaves are often inedible and even dangerous..
It is undesirable to eat seeds and fruit seeds.
Bulbs of plants without a characteristic onion or garlic odor.
Plants that produce milky sap at a break.
If a plant taken in its mouth causes bitterness, burning or nausea, it is most often poisonous or, at best, not suitable for food in terms of taste.

If you can’t immediately determine whether this plant is edible or not, then eat a small portion on the first day. If nothing happened, the next day, the portion can be increased. Thus, you can avoid not only gastrointestinal diseases, but also poisoning..

In addition, take the habit of boiling unfamiliar plants or parts of them at least twice in the water in which they are boiled. Letting it boil and boil for 5-7 minutes. In most cases, toxic, toxic substances found in various parts of plants either dissolve in water or break down when exposed to high temperatures..

Based on materials from the book Encyclopedia of Survival.
Chernysh I. V.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!:

SQL - 53 | 0.200 сек. | 13.39 МБ