Some wild plants are poisonous and seriously dangerous to human health. There are frequent cases of severe poisoning, sometimes fatal, due to the use of berries, seeds, stems, leaves, roots of plants containing potent toxic substances. Other wild plants cause severe burns. Even the smell of some plants is harmful to human health: dizziness, weakness, nausea and other disorders appear.
Poisonous wild plants dangerous to human health.
First aid measures for poisoning and burns by poisonous plants are described in detail in the specialized literature. At the first signs of poisoning, it is necessary to immediately rinse the stomach to maximize acceleration of the removal of poison from the body. To do this, drink 1.5-2 liters of water with the addition of 1 tablespoon of baking soda and induce vomiting.
Repeat washing several times until particles of food and mucus disappear from the wash water. In addition, the victim should be given 30 grams of a laxative or 1 tablespoon of table salt, diluted in half a glass of warm water. In severe cases, carry out artificial respiration. When burns with poisonous plants, the affected area is sprayed with panthenol 2-3 times a day. And most importantly, you need to remember: in any cases of poisoning by plants and with severe forms of burns, the victim must be urgently taken to the nearest medical institution.
Nature lovers should always exercise maximum caution when using its gifts and be able to distinguish useful wild-growing species from poisonous ones. Therefore, every tourist should know the most common poisonous wild plants. This will help to avoid many annoying troubles and accidents along the way..
Perennial wild plants from the lily family. They grow in the humid mountain meadows of the Carpathians and Carpathians. It looks very attractive, colchicum autumn has a whole bunch of toxic substances. In all parts of the plant there is a whole set of alkaloids, in which colchicine, colchamine and colchicine predominate. Most of them in corms and seeds.
Signs of Poisoning nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, burning sensation in the throat are observed, blood pressure decreases, breathing is weakened. The victim raves. Death may occur from respiratory arrest..
Colchicum is magnificent.
It grows in the mountains of the North Caucasus and Transcaucasia. It has the same toxic properties as colchicum autumn. Symptoms of poisoning are similar..
This biennial grass grows like a weed in almost all southern regions. Toxic substances – hyoscyamine and atropine – contain all parts of the plant, but the seeds with which the boxes are filled are of particular danger. Often, similar to poppy seeds, they attract the attention of children. It’s enough for a child to eat a pinch to poison himself.
Signs of Poisoning appear after 30-50 minutes, relaxation of the members is observed, the rhythm of the heart becomes faster, blood pressure rises, breathing is disturbed. Dry skin and mucous membranes of the mouth, thirst, voice become hoarse. Nausea and vomiting occur, foam appears at the mouth, the body reddens. The pupils dilate, their reaction to light is absent. The victim rushes about, unnaturally laughs, raves. Violent state, hallucinations combined with convulsions. Death may occur from respiratory arrest..
Belladonna vulgaris (belladonna).
It occurs in the Carpathians, in some western regions of Ukraine, in the Crimea and the Caucasus, preferring forest felling, forest edges, clearings, and river banks. The fruit is a juicy black shiny berry with purple juice, somewhat resembling a ripe cherry, for which belladonna fruits are often taken, especially children. The fruits contain atropine and other toxic alkaloids of the tropane group. Already two to four berries cause severe poisoning, sometimes fatal.
Signs of Poisoning dry mouth, dilated pupils, palpitations, motor agitation, hallucinations are observed. Gradually, the excitement falls, he is replaced by apathy, the patient loses consciousness. With large doses of poison, respiratory paralysis occurs.
It occurs throughout the forest zone of the European part, especially in alder forests. Fruits – red berries, contain volatile substances with irritating properties. Signs of Poisoning nausea, vomiting occur, saliva is intensively separated, diarrhea, tachycardia, shortness of breath are observed.
It grows along roadsides, in wastelands, in ravines, gullies, sometimes forming thickets. It has an unpleasant mouse odor. All parts of the plant, especially seeds during the ripening period, are very toxic, since they contain alkaloids paralyzing the ends of the motor nerves. Signs of poisoning appear within a few minutes. Hemlock poisoning occurs as a result of careless handling. Sometimes its young shoots are taken for parsley and eaten. Often, children make whistles from hollow stems of a hemlock, confusing it with angelica forest, angelica officinalis, caraway seeds and other edible plants from the celery family. Hemlock seeds are sometimes mistaken for dill seeds.
Signs of Poisoning first, heaviness is felt in the head, the skin of the face turns pale, is sick, the head is spinning. Then there is excitement, the pulse quickens, convulsions appear, then an oppressed state sets in. Possible development of dermatitis in contact with various parts of the plant.
The berries of this plant contain the poisonous glycoside amygdalin and hydrocyanic acid.. Signs of Poisoning dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea are observed. The heart rate quickens, shortness of breath appears, cramps are possible.
A poisonous milestone grows along the shores of water bodies, in moist forest meadows, swamps, and in alder forests.. Signs of Poisoning observed within 15-20 minutes after ingestion of the poison in the stomach. First, malaise, nausea, vomiting, sharp abdominal pain are noted. It seems that cold pervades the whole body. Skin sensitivity is reduced. Feeling of heaviness, dizziness. Then cardiovascular failure occurs. Respiratory paralysis and death may occur..
Health hazard is represented by all parts of the plant – berries, leaves, bark. When trying to collect a bouquet of daphne, the juice that has fallen on the skin causes a burn. Fruits are especially poisonous – oval fleshy juicy bright red or yellow drupes.
Signs of Poisoning the mucous membrane of the mouth, gastrointestinal tract becomes inflamed. There is burning sensation in the mouth, salivation increases. There are pains in the stomach, vomiting, bloody diarrhea. The activity of the central nervous system is disrupted, the patient loses consciousness.
By the end of summer, clusters of small oval black fruits stick out on the stems of the plant. They are very seductive. However, the entire plant, including the fruits, contains potent toxic substances that do not collapse even after drying. Signs of Poisoning disorders of the nervous system and gastrointestinal tract.
Common Raven Eye.
It grows in deciduous, less often in mixed forests, among shrubs, in alder forests. Sometimes the fruits of this plant are mistaken for blueberries or blueberries. Nine to ten of these berries can cause death.. Signs of Poisoning nausea, stomach pain, burning in the mouth, esophagus, vomiting, diarrhea occur. The work of the heart is disturbed, blood pressure is reduced. Renal impairment may be observed..
An annual, unpleasantly smelling grass. It is found in weedy places, wastelands, along roadsides in all southern regions.. Signs of Poisoning similar to bleached black poisoning symptoms.
Small shrub up to 3 meters. Signs of Poisoning there are pains in the stomach, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
May lily of the valley.
The whole plant is poisonous, but its berries are especially dangerous. Lily of the valley contains a number of cardiac glycosides that cause poisoning. Signs of Poisoning nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness are observed. Heart activity is disturbed.
A small shrub with a creeping rhizome, curly branched stem up to 3.5 meters in length. When consuming berries, the solanin contained in them irritates the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract. Signs of Poisoning there are pains in the stomach, nausea, vomiting, dizziness. Heart activity is disturbed. A large dose of poison can cause loss of consciousness.