Any person always wants to have some kind of device that can reliably store all of his important information and which you can always take with you no matter where he goes, to his office across the road, on a multi-day extreme trip or on a hike. One such device is a USB flash drive, a Corsair Survivor flash drive.
Protected USB flash drive, Corsair Survivor flash drive, features of the built-in TrueCrypt encryption program, overview.
While typical USB flash drives are made of plastic and have a plastic cover or a retractable mechanism to protect the contacts of the USB connector, the Corsair Survivor flash drive is an aluminum tube into which the flash drive itself is directly screwed. As a result, the device becomes very durable and waterproof, and for greater protection and anti-slip on an inclined surface at both ends there are rubber seals. As a drawback, it can be noted that due to such external protection, the Corsair Survivor is much larger (8×2 cm) and heavier (40 g) in size than most other similar devices.
salt water compliance with ISO 6425, method 7.3.3.
The test in the washing machine withstands one full cycle.
Test in the dryer withstands one full cycle.
Withstands the impact of a loader weighing 3,500 kg.
Protection against vibration and direct shock through the use of a cast damping sleeve.
Plug-and-play interface and compatible with any USB 2.0 peripheral port (backward compatible with USB 1.1).
Read speed 34 mb / s, write speed 28 mb / s.
Dimensions 8 x 2 cm.
Weight 40 grams.
10 year limited warranty.
Options Corsair Survivor.
Corsair Survivor USB Flash Drive.
USB extension cable 60 cm.
TrueCrypt Embedded Encryption.
Corsair Survivor kit items individually.
Features of TrueCrypt Embedded Encryption.
1. Creates virtual encrypted disks, which can then be used as regular logical drives of the system.
2. File encryption system on the fly.
3. Multi-platform, which provides additional convenience.
4. AES encryption algorithms (256-bit key), Serpent (256-bit key), Twofish (256-bit key).
5. The following can be used as encrypted storage:
Part of free disk space.
Entirely one of the available hard disk partitions.
Flash drives, floppy disks, disks, and other removable storage devices.
6. The absence of a specific signature characteristic of other similar programs in the header of the created encrypted file, which makes it impossible to identify a TrueCrypt disk, since none of the parts of the virtual disk is different from random data.
7. Encryption of all information stored on disk (file names, folder structure, amount of free space, etc.).
8. Using a password and / or key file for access.
9. Creates an encrypted file with any extension (for example, rar, avi, exe, etc.), or no extension at all.
10. Encrypted files and drives can be any arbitrary size.
Another feature of the TrueCrypt encryption program will be very useful for spies. Using it, you can create a hidden encrypted disk inside another encrypted disk. That is, you can create an external encrypted disk with some supposedly secret information that actually does not represent any value, and inside this disk you can place another encrypted disk with really secret data. This can be useful to any spy, for example, if he is forced to give out a password for an encrypted drive. A spy issues a password for an external drive, but no one will know about the existence of another drive inside. &# 128578;
About the Corsair Survivor Secure USB Flash Drive.
In conclusion, I want to say that of course the Corsair Survivor is not the fastest, not the smallest, not the lightest and not the nicest USB flash drive, but it will obviously be of interest and value to users who want to protect their data as much as possible and combine their physical protection with security storage.