Sea fishing is significantly different from the usual, ranging from the object of fishing and ending with the selection of gear. A variety of marine inhabitants makes fishing a fascinating and exciting activity. Sea fishing requires certain skills and even professional anglers can fail.
- Features of sea fishing
- 2Tackles for sea fishing
- 2.1 Dunks
- 2.2 Coil
- 2.3 Cords and fishing lines
- 3 bait
- 4Pressures and bait for sea fishing
- 5Setting and Fighting Rules
- 6What will be a plus for sea fishing
- 6.1 Sounders
- 6.2 Small vessels
Features of sea fishing
Fishing on the sea is quite possible to combine with vacation. While the rest of the family sunbathe on the beach, you can do your favorite thing. It is recommended to study the types of marine fish in the region to which you are going, and also to get acquainted with the methods of their fishing, food preferences, etc. The best time for sea fishing is summer, August, when the weather is more stable and nothing will prevent you from enjoying the process.
The pleasure in the sea waters has its own peculiarities and nuances, which you need to get acquainted with before it begins.
- Sea dwellers are constantly fighting for life and are looking for food. This explains the greater activity of the fish in contrast to freshwater individuals.
- The decrease in activity in fish comes with changing weather conditions, they do not respond to the bait, focusing on the search for shelter.
- It makes no sense to fish during a storm. During bad weather, the fish swim away far from the shore or lie on the bottom.
- Casting bait should be distant and sighting.
- The best time to catch is after a storm. Then the fish is hungry and will surely bite the bait.
- Winter fishing is conducted away from the shore, on a steady ice, in calm weather.
- Fishing from the shore is less effective, it is better to hunt from a boat or a boat.
One conclusion follows from these rules: fishing in the sea is different conditions, equipment and equipment, than in a freshwater reservoir.
Based on the shore, use hard rods and artificial bait. In the heat, the fish bite badly, but if this happens, there is every chance to catch a large individual.
Tackle for sea fishing
The choice of gear for sea fishing is the most important task before you go fishing on the sea from the shore or from a boat. The outcome of the whole process depends on how correctly the inventory is selected. The range of marine gear is divided into two groups: for the coast and for the ship. Regardless of where the fishing will take place, fishing rods, hooks, lures and the rest of the equipment must be resistant to salt water.
First of all, the fishing pole should be powerful, withstand casting over long distances and large prey. If you are new to this type of fishing, then for a start, practice with a regular float rod. But there are also certain rules for her choice: structural strength, accessories, strong hooks and thick fishing line.
If you are an experienced fisherman or consider yourself as such, choose spinning. This is a versatile tool used in sea fishing. The length of the rod on average should be 4 m with rings more standard and resistant to corrosion. For fishing from a boat, you can pick up a smaller tackle, meter 2-2.5.
In fishing stores sold spinning models for sea fishing with rings or rollers. Mostly prefer roller options, because the wear of the used braid is reduced due to the reduction of friction. But, as practice shows and reviews of experienced fishermen, modern rings also do not adversely affect the fishing line. Salt water will act as a lubricant to reduce friction. Spinning for sea fishing can be one-part, two-part and four-part.
Another effective way is to catch a petty tyrant. This fishing tackle is used for hunting in freshwater, and for marine waters. Samogod perfectly copes with its duties at shallow depths in coastal waters. Such tackle is made with his own hands or bought in finished form. Versions can be with one or more hooks. Fastening is performed on diversionary floods. Tinkers of tyranny come in two forms: playing and conspicuous. They differ in that with the first it is good to fish in sunny weather, when there is a lot of glare on the water. The second is more suitable for fishing at night.
Bottom fishing is possible using a feeder or a simple fishing rod, equipped with a reel for sea fishing, fishing line, hooks, sinker. This method is suitable for fishing from the shore, boat or pier.
The telescopic type of fishing rod is suitable for fishing from the rocks, because allows you to throw bait over long distances.
The coil is an important component in sea fishing. They are divided into three types: inertial, inertia-free and multiplicative. Knowing the characteristics of each of them, you can choose the right one.
- Inertialess. The easiest open type, suitable for any fishing. The only thing you look at the materials of manufacture. It is advisable to choose those that are designed for salt water. Usually the manufacturer marks them with a special mark.
- Inertia. Inexpensive devices with simple care, but without the braking mechanism of the fishing line, so this process will have to do with your finger.
- Multiplier. Expensive, but the highest quality. All coils of this type are designed for sea fishing. Some models have a fishing line counter, although it is not required. Multiplier reels for sea fishing perform the same casts as the non-spinning ones, but they are several times more expensive.
No matter what kind of reel for sea fishing you choose, the main thing is to have a strong structure and high-quality laying fishing line.
Cords and fishing lines
There are special requirements for the fishing line. It should be as durable as possible against abrasion of stones, piers, shells, etc. On sale there are many options lived with several layers. The more of them, the better and more reliable fishing line. Optimal fishing line for sea fishing should be in diameter from 05 to 0.9 mm and withstand a weight of at least 50 kg. The most popular with marine anglers are fishing lines made of nylon, synthetic (dacron), cords and cords. Their characteristics are as follows:
- The nylon thread is inexpensive and strong, has a high resistance, not a gap, but is weak in places of knots. It also loses some of its strength while in the water. In very hot weather, its resistance to rupture is also reduced. Sold nylon fishing line both transparent and colored. There are fluorescent, which are good to use when fishing from a moving craft;
- Dacron line – plexus resembles a hollow tube. Stretching no more than 10%, stronger in knots and has the best resistance to a gap, in comparison with nylon type;
- cord – single and stranded variants are distinguished, as well as with a lead core. Can be with or without nylon coating. Single-core type is used on spinning or deep-sea fishing. It has good resistance to flow, but can easily break if a loop is formed on the coil. Stranded type is used for fishing with a downrigger. The core type is a braid into which a lead core is placed. Used for deep sea trolling.
When choosing a fishing line for sea fishing, ask the vendors which one you would rather choose for a particular locality, type of fish and type of fishing.
Remember that the right bait is as important as tackle and fishing line. Successful fishing will depend on it or not. Focus on the types of fish that live in the place of fishing and the type of fishing. Such baits are used as:
- wobblers, very popular for fishing from the shore. For deep-sea fishing in the sea, cranks are used to raise fish from the bottom;
- pilkers are small but heavy. Demanded with a strong wind, when you need to throw the bait in a certain place;
- jig baits are the cheapest. There are in the form of silicone twisters, vibrotails, foam rubber;
- spinners oscillating – universal type of bait, suitable for fishing on the coast, from a boat, pier, cliff, etc.
As a bait you can use any of the above types, but remember about the place of fishing and the types of fish.
Bait and bait for sea fishing
The choice of bait for fishing on the sea acts on the principle that the larger it is, the larger the fish should bite. Most marine specimens are guided by their sense of smell when they eat fish. Therefore, if there is no biting for a long time, it is better to change the bait to a new one, because the old could disappear. Fix the bait on the hook qualitatively. Thus, the effect of naturalness is achieved. What types of bait exist:
- Sea worms are used when fishing for Donkey, float and other gear. You can find them in the burrows in the shallow areas of the sea, where the bottom is covered with black silt. After collecting the worms stored in a jar with algae;
- ordinary worms, earthen worms are used to catch goby, goatfish, etc .;
- shrimp suitable for donkey or float gear. When fishing with spinning or trolling, shrimp is planted as an addition to the artificial nozzle. Depending on the size of the fish, they either hook the shrimp’s neck or the whole carcass, or even several pieces at once. You need to take only fresh, translucent shrimp;
- Mussels are baited for most species of fish. It is recommended to open the shells before fishing and leave to dry in the shade. Thus, the meat will gain elasticity, and will not jump off the hook. Mussels are used for ground tackle and float;
- Live bait in the form of small hamsa, sprat, sprat is suitable for catching predatory fish.
With the help of bait can attract fish to the boat or shore. For fishing from the board use cut into pieces small fish, canned dog food and other edible bait, which will interest large carnivorous fish. The food is placed in a small bag, jar, mesh, and lowered downstream below the waterline. If you smell it, the fish will swim to you. This bait can also be used when fishing for a bull from a pier or rock.
Rules for sweeps and dodge
Cutting is performed at the moment when the fish swallows the bait. Cutting, you put it on a hook and get it out of the water. The technique of hooking depends on the type of bait: natural or artificial.
When fishing for artificial bait, hooking should be carried out immediately after biting, otherwise the fish will understand that it has been deceived, spit out the bait and leave. Do forward – backward movements to prevent the line from breaking. Gradually pull the fish towards you, holding the thread tension and the angle of the rod. If the fish makes a dive, let it pull the fishing line toward you, after adjusting the coil brake in accordance with the tension of the line breaking. As soon as the fish appears on the surface of the water, pull it out with a fishing rod or, if a large fish is caught, using a landing net.
If natural bait is used, it is necessary to give the fish time to swallow it and only then cut it. Premature cutting can take the bait out of the fish mouth. Gently check the reliability of ingestion, let the fish feel the taste of the food offered and only then do the hooking.
What will be a plus for sea fishing
In addition to the necessary equipment and the right bait, you can use additional bonuses. The complete set for sea fishing can be equipped with various supports, flashlights, hooks, cages, depth gauges, etc. Special attention should be paid to echo-sounding devices and small-sized vessels.
Sea echo sounders are designed to determine the depth, bottom topography, the presence of foreign objects and, of course, fish. The devices are installed on board boats, yachts, boats. Their large angle of rotation allows you to learn about the location of the fish anywhere around you. Also, some manufacturers produce coastal devices that allow you to scan the water column to 50 m.
These include boats, small boats, for mass fishing, you can take a ship. Special fishing boats are equipped with gear compartments, comfortable seats, echo sounders, sun awnings. On such a technique, fishing turns into one pleasure with comfortable conditions. Some models are equipped with a motor for trolling, ladders for diving, trailing device for water skis. It is possible to use small size vessels for any type of fishing.
If you have not tried sea fishing, we advise you not to waste time and join the number of lovers of sea adventures.