In life there are situations when you have to defend against intruders. Not every ordinary citizen is able to go hand to hand against them, but not every weapon for self-defense is available at the legislative level in Russia. Further, we will consider the facts regarding the availability of self-defense means that do not require permission.
- Non-licensed civil defense weapon
- 2Effective means of self-defense without a license
- 2.1 Sprays and aerosols
- 2.2 Airguns
- 2.3 Electrician
- 3Animal self-defense means without a license
- 4Homemade self-defense means
Non-licensed civil defense weapon
Weapons for self-defense, which can be purchased at a specialty store without special permission, include the following types:
- Stun guns
- Pepper and gas cartridges
- Sticks rubber (PR)
- Spark gaps
- Alarm devices
- Gas pistols
- Airguns up to 4.5 mm
- Knives for domestic use
- Weapons for underwater hunting
Weapons for self-defense without a license and special storage requirements may be acquired by anyone over the age of 18 upon presenting an identity document.
Effective self-defense without a license
The most effective means for self-defense are stun guns, aerosol sprays and an air gun.
Sprays and aerosols
Spray cans and sprayers are the simplest weapon that is popular enough when used by women. They are of three types: gas, pepper, nerve-paralytic. This is the best means of self-defense in terms of ease of use, which can explain its popularity among the inhabitants. Other advantages of this type of civilian weapons are:
- low cost, available to everyone;
- ease of application not only physically, but also psychologically: not every person has the courage to shoot a gun at another person, even an intruder. The situation with the use of an aerosol is different; it is always easier to splash out of the can.
- Lightweight and compact size, thanks to which the balloon fits easily into a handbag or pocket.
Having chosen this tool, it is necessary to take into account the peculiarities of its use: first, the aerosol should always be sprayed immediately, only by pulling it out of a pocket or bag. If you delay, you can not only frighten the enemy, but also annoy him or provoke him to act even more decisively. Secondly, you can not spray pepper or other type of spray in a confined space (in the stairwell, apartment, elevator), while you can suffer along with the attacker. Thirdly, when spraying, it is necessary to take into account the direction of the wind in order to purposefully start the gas from the cylinder in the face of the enemy. If you ignore this fact, you can also suffer personally.
Threatening type of pneumatic weapon, similar to a firearm, has a strong psychological impact on the attacker. A pneumatic pistol is not so powerful as to cause serious harm to human health, therefore no special permission is required to carry it. To seriously injure the enemy, you need to shoot from pneumatics at close range, which is quite difficult, given the rapid development of events and the lack of preparedness of the defender. Thanks to the heavy body, an air pistol can be used when manually striking. You can not carry such a weapon in plain sight or in an open bag so that someone can pull it out unnoticed. It should be remembered that this weapon can be used against you if it falls into the hands of an attacker.
A stun gun is a device with two wires, between which an electrical discharge occurs during activation of a weapon. There are many models, even with the ability to control the current. The power of the discharge of a stun gun can disrupt an adult person.
The advantages of such a civilian self-defense weapon are:
- The elimination of the enemy by immobilizing him for a short but sufficient period of time to hide from his sight.
- Models that can shoot with electrodes can hit a target from a distance of 4 meters.
Despite the fact that the device does not require special use skills, it has its drawbacks:
- To achieve a striking effect, direct contact with an attacker is necessary, which is often difficult to achieve.
- It is necessary to constantly monitor the condition of the batteries, so that at the wrong time you will not finally irritate the attacker with an idle stun gun.
- In winter, the shocker will not have the desired effect on self-defense, since the charge is difficult to penetrate a thick layer of winter clothing.
Means of self-defense without a license
Less popular, but no less effective, are such weapons as “Strike”. This is a self-defense device that combines a pistol and gas aerosol. It is charged with capsules with a special liquid. The weapon works flawlessly in any weather, the firing range is up to five meters. In addition, the gun is compact, it can be carried in a bag, and a directional shot allows you to use it in a closed room without the risk of harming yourself. Among the shortcomings can be noted the need for accurate sight on the enemy, also the weapon is not adapted for use with the left hand, and when buying low-quality charges there is a risk of misfires, loss or leakage of capsules.
“Wasp” – a weapon that acts on the attacker through sound and light. In this case, a person is out of balance. Such weapons can blind and stun not only one, but also a group of people. The only thing that should be borne in mind that with careless use, you can suffer yourself. In principle, this fact concerns the careless use of any weapon.
A pocket siren is an open source tool designed to draw attention to the situation and scare off the attacker.
Self-made means of self-defense
In the absence of the ability or desire to buy special weapons for self-defense, you can use self-made tools of self-defense. To this end, you can convert “under itself” a regular kitchen knife. But, at the same time, it should be clearly understood that in the event of the occurrence of serious consequences during self-defense, such weapons may acquire the status of cold weapons. Instead, you can use other types of homemade weapons:
- Wooden stick. It is easy to do it yourself, it does not attract attention, especially when in a car in case of a sudden attack.
- Yawara is a wooden pointed stick that is wider than a palm. She can inflict very painful blows on the attacker. Convenient in that it can be carried unnoticed in a purse, with keys or in a pocket.
- A brush is a wooden stick of a convenient size with a chain and a load on its end. For convenience, on the other end of the stick, you can make a rope to thread on the hand.
In addition, for self-defense purposes, you can carry a screwdriver, a bottle opener, a fork, and scissors. If you do not get confused and take yourself in time, you can repel the attacker with the usual keys, aiming at his face. The main thing is to act sharply and immediately.