A sniper, especially a sniper-saboteur, is obliged to look. If you want to be in public during the assignment. So, the sniper got the task and the goal. How to get there? Guards, is in shelter? What if the locals are loyal to the goal? If there are some paths to the goal, but each is complex?
You must be able to spend the least effort. And, of course, to complete the task.
It’s important to note that it’s not a problem.
1. Masking during the movement and on the position
2. The route must be provided as short as possible.
- Avoid those possible approaches;
- Condense time (it should work for you, if possible);
- In the case of detection, choose a shelter in accordance with the enemy’s weapons. For example, for a .308 caliber bullet, the shelter should not be thick: 127 cm from pine; from sand – 25 cm; from concrete – 7.5 cm.
3. Exploring and choosing a route
- Target location;
- Shelters from fire and observation;
- The most advantageous position for the team;
- Obstacles to movement (natural or artificial);
- Known or probable locations of the enemy;
- Ways of movement through different parts of the terrain (obstacles, dangerous areas, open areas, etc.);
- Ways of departure (for the movement to another area or departure when detected);
- Mark and memorize landmarks;
- Give you your presence (dogs, birds, livestock);
- Objective area: identify key control points (doors, streets, etc.).
- It can be noted that it’s not.
4. Characteristics of settlements
- The predominance of artificial local objects;
- The presence of shelters from fire and fire;
- Limited surveillance and firing sectors;
- Traffic mainly along the streets (for both sides);
- Overcoming obstacles is difficult due to limited approaches;
- The presence of hidden paths of approach and withdrawal through underground communications (sewage, metro, utilities, etc.);
- The presence of a civilian population;
- Advantages on the side of the defender;
- Radio communication is deteriorating.
5. Sources of information
- Civil defense plans;
- Fire departments;
- Local law enforcement, law enforcement patrols;
- Local military units;
- Engineers of urban economy.