During survival, your actions and equipment. It’s not worth it. disguise. Stealth and movement techniques, such as tracking, will, and how, using primitive skills and weapons.
21-1. At disguise Consider that certain forms are specific to humans. The enemy will search for them. The boots can give you away. Even animals recognize and run from the human silhouette. The equipment and headgear make your outlines more blurred by wedging. Do your best remove skin shine or gear. The texture of the environment.
Outlines and shape
21-2. Wraped around Make sure that disguise does not interfere. Hidding enclose with leaves, grass or other elements of the terrain. Disguise signaling devices, but keep them ready.
Color and texture
21-3. This is the case for the area (polar / winter, temperate / jungle or marshy / desert). It is when the water is observed. For example, smooth, rough, stony, leafy texture, as well as many other possible combinations. Use a combination of color and texture to effectively mask. It is a grass field in the middle of a large grass field. It is also useless in the middle of a desert or rocky terrain.
21-4. For masking This is the path to the environment. Use natural or artificial materials. There are several colors available for use in woods.
21-5. Cover all exposed skin, including the face, hands, neck and ears. To disguise, use tactical makeup, coal or dirt. Paint over all the protruding and reflecting more light areas (forehead, nose, cheekbones, chin and ears) with a darker color. Others, especially protoplennye or shaded areas (lighter). Be sure to use a non-standard color. Color of clothing and equipment. Replace them when they wear out. Be alert when traveling around. Change colors and masking as necessary.
21-6. Table 21-1 provides an overview of using masking for different areas and climatic conditions. Use the colors of your environment. Spots and oblique lines will help to simulate the texture.
21-16. You can use clothes, rubbing into the body and clothing, or chewing, to disguise breathing. Needles, mint or aromatic plants will help hide the smell from people and animals. The smell of animals. It doesn’t even scare them away.
21-17. To avoid or avoid people. Pay attention to your life, such as burning cigarettes, gasoline, fuel, soap and food. It depends on the wind. Pay attention to the air flow from the leeward side.
21-18. At times, when moving to a certain point (or from it), it is necessary to go unnoticed. Success requires more than just disguise. It is a very necessary sound. Always carefully choose the route, light elevations, dense vegetation to disguise. Without a good disguise, otherwise.
21-19. Effective tracking requires practice. During your workout, use the techniques listed below.
21-20. In direct pursuit, take about half of your normal pace. This will help keep balance. You should be able to stay in that position as needed. When descending, bend your toes to the ground. Feel for branches and knots that you can step on. Lift your feet and slide it. Lower the foot pad, lower the heel, then the toes. Then it is taken to the front foot. Knee and continue moving.
21-21. Do not touch the vegetation. When squatting, you can rest. One step usually takes about 1 minute, but it depends on the situation.
21-22. With low vegetation that does not allow move unnoticed, creep on hands and knees. It can be a little noise. Be careful not to grab the vegetation with your feet and heels.
21-23. Slowly dropping down. Clean up and downhill traces for pursuers.
21-24. Before the pursuit of the beast choose the best route. If it moves, you need an interception route. To hide your movement, choose your path. Staying in this way, you will be able to move between objects. Some shelters, such as small trees and trees, can completely disguise you. This is what it requires less effort and masks better.
21-25. Watch for animals If your beast suggests your presence. Where is the eye? The animal doesn’t see the shitness and shine of the teeth.
21-26. Besides masking need to hide tracks. If you want to see your route or route. Anti-tracking methods use is necessary. When moving this can be achieved in the following ways:
- Restoration of vegetation – with a stick, lift it up. It can slow you down.
- Clear road in open space. Make it easier to understand the size of the group.
- Use hard or stony terrain – such a relief minimizes the traces left, slowing down visual tracking.
- Sharply change direction – it’s a bit harder to detect.
- It is recommended that you use ordinary paths. For example, you can walk along the path where the farmer usually goes. It will disguise your movement.
- Do you want to use covers? Examples: sandbags, rags, shoes and shoes made from artificial sheepskin (they seem to work best).
- Change your shoes on a hard or rocky ground. The tread pattern will change.
- It is the global economy. There is a pair of tread patterns.
- It can be useful, but there are pitfalls. Try not to turn your foot. Back and back versa. Do not drag dirt in the opposite direction. What is the movement of the movement?
- Confuse traces The movement of movement and dodge, confuse. Leave trampling, leaving and returning the track.
- Move along streams, lakes, river beds – this should be your decision. Ask yourself: Pond fast or slow? Will he give you an advantage? (Note: leaving water will leave more traces.)
- It is a road trip, not perpendicular. It is a harder to follow your tracks.
- Take steps more cautiously, trying to leave as little as possible. Last but not least, always change the ways of movement. Losing traces!
Care from the dog
21-27. Trying to fool the bloodhound dog the trainer is not the dog! Whatever you want group (from tracker and sniffer dogs):
- It is a winding area. Thus, the movement will not be allowed.
- Dense terrain – it’s possible to reduce its self-confidence.
- If you’re harsh or stony to the ground the dog will lose track.
- Crowded places – it can lose track.
- It is a dog who has lost her life.
- Speed - try to maintain a constant speed. Do not run. It increases the odor from the sweat or adrenaline.
- You can still be tracked. However, much slower.
This chapter is taken from the US Army and translated.