Victorinox Outrider 0.9023 multi-purpose folding knife, description, overview, test and experience.

A distinctive feature of Swiss Victorinox knives is consistent quality and high functionality at an affordable price. For which these knives have received worldwide recognition since as early as 1884. With various sets of built-in tools, the knives of this company will become indispensable helpers in any trip or going out for a picnic. 

Victorinox Outrider 0.9023 multi-purpose folding knife, description, overview, test and experience.

My acquaintance with these knives began more than ten years ago, with the VictorinoxForester model, but what was constantly missing in it was scissors. After some time, this faithful companion of mine and reliable assistant was presented and I was puzzled by the search for a new, more functional Victorinox knife. For a long time I chose and doubted, wondered the strengths and weaknesses of each model. However, I didn’t have to buy anything, I was presented with Victorinox Outrider 0.9023.

Victorinox Outrider 0.9023 multi-purpose folding knife, description, overview, test and experience.
clumsy knife, I still remain a fan of the warehouse. Sometimes paired with a small but durable awkward knife. Criteria and justifications I have a simple knife should always be with you. Do not interfere, be inconspicuous to wear and most importantly always accessible and at hand. In the case of large awkward knives, such conflicting requirements are not always feasible..

Victorinox Outrider fully complies with my requirements for a camping knife and always lies in the oversight. Regardless of whether I still have some kind of knife with me or not. Considering that in 90% of the campaigns, a knife, as such, is used for cooking, I think no one will deny Victorinox’s ability to handle food. Cut, open canned food, peel vegetables, etc. The remaining 10% of the work is usually accounted for by the preparation of firewood, a bonfire and arrangement, but here Outrider is quite able to cope. With his saw, it is quite possible to cut a small pine or other tree into firewood. With a lack of time to build a small, fast and economical fire on four stakes for cooking.

Victorinox Outrider 0.9023 multi-purpose folding knife, description, overview, test and experience.
trap for fish from a plastic bottle, and then treat yourself to a portion of fish soup. A very useful thing in the trip is self-tapping screws, I constantly take 4-6 pieces with me. In the case of their use, a long Phillips screwdriver is already working, which is very well located in this knife, because it is simply inconvenient to work with the Phillips screwdriver, which is located on the back of most models. And so save the rope and fasten the tent or hang the washbasin … no problem. And sometimes you still need to pull something and fix it in an uncomfortable place, in this case, the self-tapping screw also helps.

Victorinox Outrider 0.9023 multi-purpose folding knife, description, overview, test and experience.
multitools. My opinion is more of a multi-tool urban tool than for use in nature. The main features of the multitool are pliers and wire cutters. The remaining tools serve more as an addition. Now let’s think about how often in the conditions of hiking (fishing from a boat and hunting I do not consciously mention), do you need pliers or wire cutters? And also a very significant difference in dimensions and weight.

For example, in the large multi-tool Leatherman Surge, the blade is almost the same length as the blade of a large Victorinox, but the ease of use during work is highly questionable. Can opener? Look at the photo, in my opinion it’s clear what will be more convenient to open. The overhead position of the tin opener in Leatherman Surge will create some inconvenience. The saw in Victorinox is longer, which means it is more practical (at the time of filming the saw was not with you, so the file is in the photo, they are the same length).

Victorinox Outrider 0.9023 multi-purpose folding knife, description, overview, test and experience.

And the rest is a tool for comparison. In Victorinox Outrider, the censure is awl; it is possible to use it, but it is extremely inconvenient, and the indisputable advantage of the Leatherman Surge multitool is replaceable screwdriver bits, again this is more for the city and not for the forest.

Victorinox Outrider 0.9023 multi-purpose folding knife, description, overview, test and experience.


Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!:

SQL - 53 | 0.378 сек. | 8.67 МБ