We continue talking about how to react and what to do in the event of a natural disaster, but it seems that we never considered a zombie attack; this would be the last final disaster (I’m not sure if it’s that natural) of our planet. Since no one really showed that zombies exist, this is a highly hypothetical situation, but it’s still worth talking about. We are going to guide you through a survival guide of zombies, in case some day someone chases you down the street, trying to devour your brain.
We saw tons of Hollywood zombie movies and the main image you have in mind is a decaying corpse that barely walks and looks for fresh human flesh or brain to eat. To have the complete image, it’s time to ask ourselves: what can we define as a zombie?
The origin of this belief is found in Africa, and was brought to Haiti by African slaves. The legend (because we are talking about a legendary creature) comes from Haitian folklore, where it is believed that a zombie is a corpse that was animated again after the burial with witchcraft. The witch who knows how to make the dead walk again comes from the voodoo religion and the main reason for this action is to enslave the zombie.
After being death and everything, the zombie has no willpower of its own; It’s just the corpse of the deceased. Practically a dead person leaves his grave to continue walking the earth and serving the master. While we speak of dead people, the natural deterioration of the body will continue even as a zombie.
The legend of the zombies spread throughout the world after the United States entered Haiti and was accelerated by Hollywood producers. The myth and mystique surrounding this spooky story led to the creation of many films on this subject.
A more scientific approach to the legend discovered that zombies exist, but in reality they are people who have been drugged with powerful drugs to induce a death like the state. When the person wakes up in his grave, the trauma is too strong and transforms the personality of the person.
The person knows that he died and no longer finds his place in society, which is why he persists in cemeteries and has very unanimous reactions. Experiments were made to prove this theory and they were quite successful. Even so, the mixture between African and Haitian legends is powerful and managed to keep the legend alive.
To continue with the thread of the legend, we discover that although the zombies are dead and, in theory, should not have lust or needs, they are hungry. Of course, your main dish and favorite is the human flesh and brain. Apparently the brain is a delicacy. In addition, the person bitten by a zombie is infected and becomes one.
Tips on how to survive a zombie apocalypse
The apocalypse of zombies is that scenario of the end of the world where the zombies have taken over the world and infected the majority of the population. They continue to look for fresh meat and search the buildings for the last human survivors. It is not entirely clear what happens after they finish devouring the last human; Are they going to die of hunger? They really can not, since they are dead! The most possible scenario is that they will amaze the Earth, with hands in front, until the end of days, the true apocalypse.
Leaving skepticism aside, there are experts in world-renowned zombies who say that this can really happen. We can be zombified by strange mutant diseases and we can wake up in the middle of a plague of zombies. They say it’s like an earthquake, you never know when it’s going to happen, but it’s definitely going to happen. That’s why we also have to be prepared and know how to survive a zombie apocalypse.
The “real” zombie apocalypse would be different from what we see in the movies. There is also a discussion about what a real zombie would look like. Scientists are convinced that we are not talking about living here and that no one will rise from their graves. It is more like a disease that infects human brains and makes subjects go crazy with violence. This disease is the real zombie effect and violence leads to kill and eat other people. However crude it may seem, this is more likely to happen than on the stage of the living dead.
The apocalypse will last for months, even years, and the infection will not spread as fast as it does in movies. Of course, movies only last about two or three hours and need to move fast. Anyway, the real zombie apocalypse will be (yes) long and difficult, with bad news transmitted through all media channels, terror and many losses. In fact, a scenario worthy of an apocalyptic period.
So, going back to our main problem: how can we survive a zombie apocalypse? It is known that the human race is very persistent and we will definitely survive even through a zombie apocalypse; Those of us who are really prepared. Let’s see what rules we must follow to help our race survive.
- The first survival rule is: make supplies. This is really a good rule for any kind of disaster and apocalyptic scenario. Try to find an isolated shelter where you can collect supplies safely. You will need foods that are not perishable, such as cans, energy bars, dried fruit, instant soups, etc. In addition, you should add fresh water and other things you may need, such as standard batteries, solar batteries, flashlights, toilet paper, medications, etc.
Make sure you get enough water. If things get bad, it is more likely that the water sources are contaminated and no one will be left to clean them.
- Try Stay in the area you know best. If the plague of zombies attacks, it is better to know the best hiding places and ways to avoid the undead.
- Collect as much fuel as possible. If zombies attack humans, fuel will be scarce to the point where it is used, because there is no one to produce it.
- Try avoid crowded places Like shopping centers and supermarkets. You may be killed by normal, desperate people for a peanut insect. The apocalyptic scenarios are the best times to stay away from the crowds. They have a mind of their own where the phrase “crowd mentality” comes from.
Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide – Rules and Facts
Even if the zombie apocalypse seems distant and very hypothetical, people are very worried about it. This is demonstrated by the fact that there are books written on this subject and there are zombie apocalypse survival guides that are being developed by zombie experts. Therefore, if you are interested in a deeper approach to the subject, you can find tons of books that talk about how and what to do.
We made a summary of everything there is and we want to present you with the 7 basic rules and the facts that you need to know to get out alive from the fight with the zombies.
- Build a survival kit and make sure it is in an accessible place. Your kit should be lightweight and full of things that are strictly necessary to survive for at least three days.
You must pack: medications (over-the-counter and prescribed prescriptions), fresh water, first-aid kit, matches and lighter, candles, fire starters (you can learn to make them yourself), flashlight and batteries (standard and solar), small radio to get in touch with other survivors, canned food and energy bars that are easy to transport, nothing heavy, can opener, water filter bottle (when you run out, you will have to find a water source), important documents, compass and map to locate paths and bodies of water, blankets and warm clothes, footwear, earplugs (it seems that the walking dead love to moan and you’ll get tired of that at a certain moment), binoculars so you can scan the area that surrounds it and prepare itself in case of an attack, a pocket knife and a multiple tool, a shovel, a hammer and a lot of good quality rope, a sleeping bag, a comfortable backpack that It will contain all this and it will be easy to take your back.
- Seek shelter If you do not have a shelter outside the city, already prepared, the situation can be a little desperate. You will need all your survival skills to live in the end. Anyway, stay away from the cities and basements. Apparently, zombies love to go underground (oh!) And they will find you and eat you. Go to higher ground, they are not very good climbers.
- In the situation you have a prepared shelter, Try to reach it and stay there. Try to communicate with other survivors using your radio and be a good host in case others come knocking on your door. Try to be as invisible as possible and do not make bonfires outside. Zombies have a high sense of smell, apparently.
- If you do not have a shelter prepared, go to the nearest woods. The zombies will be attracted first by the cities, where they can feed themselves (at least at the beginning). It will be a while before they start hunting in the forest and by then it will be gone.
- Learn to use the environment in your favor. Taking into account that there is no work and that you have nothing else to do, try to learn to live in nature.
- Hunt and cook your meals. Using only the items you have about you. A very useful skill is to learn how to make a fire using only the elements you can find in the forest. There are no matches or lighter.
- Find other survivors. If you managed to escape the plague, others have also done so. Try to find their camps and join them to hunt the zombies to the last. Killing them is the only way you can consider yourself a winner.
Survival zombie: how to become the hunter.
The main scenario is that, in the early stages of the zombie apocalypse, we will be hunted, but in the end, we will become hunters. This is the reason why you need to know which weapons are more efficient and how to kill a zombie. It may seem somewhat redundant, considering the fact that he is already dead and reanimated but, if we are talking about walking dead, you will definitely have to kill all the infected.
The secondary scenario is the outbreak of a virus that makes all infected people extremely violent. In this situation, the best solution might be to find a cure or a vaccine. Even so, this may take a while and you will still need a zombie survival team to protect yourself and other survivors.
It seems that, regardless of the situation, as a survivor, you must be ready to fight. So, how do you kill a zombie? The most effective way is to cut the head; Simple and efficient in both situations (undead or infected by viruses).
Here are the basic items that your zombie survival team should contain:
- Big ax, sharp. You have to be able to balance it and hit with precision and power.
- Rifle, assault rifle or shotgun with a lot of ammunition (blowing your heads is also efficient).
- Ax and / or machete (perfect for close fights).
- Military or combat knife (easy to handle and very sharp).
- Baseball bat
You do not have to carry all that equipment with you. You do not even have to possess all these weapons; One will be enough. Choose your favorite and take good care of it. When the time comes, it may be the only thing that stands between you and an ugly zombie face.
When you hear the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, you must improve your fighting and survival skills. This will be your only exit and your only chance to survive this black scenario.
Post zombie apocalypse life
The zombie survival guide must also contain this part: what to do after the apocalypse is over and you really have survived? This is even a darker scenario, since the life that we knew no longer exists, all loved ones are dead, there will be no economy, electricity or homes.
After the occupation of zombies, everything will be destroyed and those who survived will have to try to reconstruct the world from remains. This realization can be so dark and powerful that it will leave you breathless. Well, it’s not a reason to despair (completely), you survived the zombie apocalypse! All you need is a good plan.
In the first place, you will have to learn to cope without electricity and other comforts of the modern world. You will need to start growing your own food in the gardens, as early people used to do. Of course, if you’re lucky, you’ll find some things that still work, but do not count on that. You will have to learn to make your own clothes, produce your own heat and build houses. It’s going to be a slow start, but together they can restart the world.
All survivors of the zombie apocalypse will become the parents of a new world, the builders of a new era for the human race. With this thought in mind, you can find the inner power to move on and start over.
In conclusion, a zombie apocalypse would only make us stronger. Of course, only a few will survive, but they will have the opportunity to build a new world. If you want to be among those who survive, it’s time to pick up the survival guide of the zombie apocalypse today and start learning. Even if the zombie apocalypse does not occur, you will have the skills necessary to survive any kind of disaster, so it is not a waste of time.
Learning about how to survive in the desert with basic elements and learn to fight and protect yourself from a violent and deceptive person are valuable skills even in the world as we know it. The danger is lurking in the shade and you can not know when it will decide to go out and hit you. If you are prepared, you increase your chances of survival.
Remember: zombies are not just a fantasy or a legend; They are a very possible scenario. World-renowned experts see the zombie apocalypse as possible and this should at least raise a question about the safety of our world. Ask yourself an important question: what if? Can you still sleep at night knowing that your worst fears have a small change to make and you are not ready to face them? Are you ready to lose everything you love without even putting up a good fight?